PDA

View Full Version : Coming back after a stroke looking into a new diet for cutting.

j-dizzle
01-31-2011, 03:29 PM
ok so about a month ago i had a stroke. bad genes is what the doc said it was pretty shitty but im getting back on track. havent been to the gym in that amount of time. im looking for a simple diet that will still allow me to gain some mass while still dropping for 210 to about 185 not worried that much about my BF cause of course cutting weight ill lose BF as well.

Looking to keep it simple!!

die in a dick fire noob
01-31-2011, 04:27 PM
DAMN J, i didn't know that shit. glad you're ok man!

j-dizzle
01-31-2011, 04:36 PM
lol i had not told anyone, like hey i had a stroke like an old man. im good now alot of future doc appt but whatever. just got cleared this morning to do light lifting with low cardio haha. best news ever!

Spec C
01-31-2011, 04:45 PM
That is scary man!.

What type of stroke was this? Did they say what the main cause was? ie. Blockage of the carotid's, etc?

Gaining muscle, while losing fat, is not typically something easily done, and not really efficient. IMO cut down, to body fat/condition where you are happy, then begin to worry about adding mass. Or vice versa.

j-dizzle
01-31-2011, 04:56 PM
to be honest i didnt listen to a word that was said. hospitals and docs scare the shit outta me! i havent been since i was 12 lol. there was a blood infection that was in my gene line that cause the fluid around my brain to swell or something causing a shit load of pressure which caused the stroke. dont ask me haha.

die in a dick fire noob
01-31-2011, 05:21 PM
my sister has had 2 and she's 37.

it's a shitty deal man.

j-dizzle
01-31-2011, 05:40 PM
sure is

The God Damn Batman
02-17-2011, 11:55 AM
ok so about a month ago i had a stroke. bad genes is what the doc said it was pretty shitty but im getting back on track. havent been to the gym in that amount of time. im looking for a simple diet that will still allow me to gain some mass while still dropping for 210 to about 185 not worried that much about my BF cause of course cutting weight ill lose BF as well.

Looking to keep it simple!!

Holy crap dude, glad your ok.

As far as your question, look at this

http://www.livestrong.com/article/13439-exercise-after-stroke/

I would think to do everything light for now, and basically start all over

Starting Strength workouts are great, but again.. i would take it all easy
http://www.startingstrength.net/workouts/

Hope you have a speedy, full recovery.

edit: just realized how old this is.. hope this info will still help you out a bit.

Nachooooosupreme
02-17-2011, 11:59 AM
Damn bro I'm real sorry to hear all that. Take it easy and stay up with your Dr. visits and follow his regimen til you feel you can do more. Good luck!

Rufus
02-17-2011, 12:05 PM
I take seizure medication everyday. Health issues sucks. Just find some relief in knowing that many people have it worse.

6thgen
02-17-2011, 05:26 PM
wow.....thats pretty scary bro

i30stmi
02-19-2011, 06:10 PM
Glad you are ok... I'm glad you weren't driving when it happened. A friend of mine had a stroke and rear ended a school bus full of kids! Scary stuff! Are you in your 20s or 30s?

j-dizzle
02-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Yep 22

Rufus
02-19-2011, 09:36 PM
I had my first seizure at 23. I had never had them before in my life. One morning after drinking I had one. I was standing up at the time and fell down on my shoulder. It frequently dislocated after that and after 5 times having it reset in the ER I had surgery. I had 2 other seizures after that as I refused to take medication. Nearly 10 years later I'm seizure free on medication and reduced my meds by 1/3 about a year ago despite mu neurologists advice. I've been fine.

It's amazing how things can change your life, but if you can control it you're MUCH better off playing safe in your 20's anyway than being reckless with your life. Stick in there, be good to yourself and don't get down on it. Life will return to normal.