PDA

View Full Version : oil burn off?????

All_Hail_White_Powa
01-31-2011, 04:48 PM
anybody having this issue in a 06 cicic 2.0l????? got a customer whos burned off 2 qts w/ no leaks

Atomic-Orange-Turbo-Sloth
02-01-2011, 02:58 AM
anybody having this issue in a 06 cicic 2.0l????? got a customer whos burned off 2 qts w/ no leaks
rings? valve stem seals?

bet if you run it on a sniffer itll blow hydro carbons like a bitch.

sounds like its just nom nom nom'ing on his oils.

All_Hail_White_Powa
02-01-2011, 06:38 AM
thats what im thinking. cap calls 5w-30. only 98,000 miles on it. shouldnt be doing this at all

02-01-2011, 03:29 PM
thats what im thinking. cap calls 5w-30. only 98,000 miles on it. shouldnt be doing this at all
we think motors are tough but not really. Since he is under 100k he should still have dealer warrenty I THINK depending on his purchase date, i think honda was doing 5 year or 100k on engine.

BUT its easy, overfill the motor with oil a once or twice and it could let some get past the rings and burnoff and damage the rings/ringland (at least this is what happens on quite afew four stroke bikes/atv's ive seen) or running them a bit low and scoring the cylinder can cause them to not seal. I bet its showing power loss too.

OR it could have just been driven VERY hard for 98,000 miles.

All_Hail_White_Powa
02-01-2011, 04:40 PM
hahaha na hes a regular. drives 100+ miles a day hwy driving at that. idk. 1000 more miles then warrenty is up. i told him either get rid of it, or fix the issue.

02-01-2011, 06:43 PM
hahaha na hes a regular. drives 100+ miles a day hwy driving at that. idk. 1000 more miles then warrenty is up. i told him either get rid of it, or fix the issue.
try to get it warrentied, i think if the claim is filed before 5 years or 100k and by the time its fixed its over 100k that they still do the work.

All_Hail_White_Powa
02-01-2011, 08:59 PM
ill try. hes more pissed. and hes kept it real clean ove the last couple years

02-01-2011, 09:03 PM
ill try. hes more pissed. and hes kept it real clean ove the last couple years
all it takes it running bad oil, running it a bit low on oil for a thousand miles or so, getting stuff in your oil, oil filter failure. Shouldnt be low oil tho, there is a sensor for that. Its not that hard tho. Valve stem seals go sometimes too. He should go trade that shit in LOL

All_Hail_White_Powa
02-01-2011, 09:07 PM
thats what ive been telling him. at first he thought we didnt put oil in the engine. um ok wait, 5000 miles already, no oil meet disaster. so he made a stink in front of customers, then found himself a bigger asshole when i explained myself. i love my job. asshole pride. bigger asshole then paul i think on a good day..... haha jk paul.

02-01-2011, 09:19 PM
thats what ive been telling him. at first he thought we didnt put oil in the engine. um ok wait, 5000 miles already, no oil meet disaster. so he made a stink in front of customers, then found himself a bigger asshole when i explained myself. i love my job. asshole pride. bigger asshole then paul i think on a good day..... haha jk paul.
yeah definatly get that thing traded in ASAP, it will go down in value IMMENSLY after 100k is reached.

Mop
02-02-2011, 02:22 AM
Compression test.

All_Hail_White_Powa
02-02-2011, 07:09 AM
idk, can try that as well to see if he has worn internals. just not understanding why tho. heres a dude who does barely speed. doesnt abuse the car at all. its wierd

berny2435
02-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Maybe a Bad PVC valve but 2quarts is a lot. PVC could be stuck open and letting oil into the intake a lot. I think the PVC works off of pressure in the crank case in conjunction with the vacum pulled by the motor on the top end. High vaccum might be pulling oil into the intake if that valve is broken. In driving on the highway, you can let off the gas and get back on it a lot which equals a lot of vaccum being pulled into the motor which equals probably higher than normal oil loss even though it's a highway runner. Since I've been doing some tuning of my car on the highway with Flashpro, I've noticed extra oil loss b/c I'm constantly on and off the peddle tuning part throttle.

Is the dip stick bent and not showing the oil level properly as in reading low? not hard to run a full extra quart of oil and maybe do damage. But.. .. you can run these motor with an extra 0.5 quarts in them and race them around the track.. . My old track car did this with success without loosing power or burning off extra oil. A little more oil gets into the chain area but not enough to wreck anything.