PDA

View Full Version : auto shift solenoids...

Bandolero
03-20-2011, 07:11 PM
was rolling down northern in my car, and all of a sudden, my rpms went up, but car wasn't advancing, so was like what the??? pulled over, checked everything, and nada!!! 15 mins later, jump back in, start the car, and it shifts fine!!! so I get going again, and 2 blocks down the road, it does the same thing!!! wont go pull over, wait about 5 or so mins, turn it on, and gears go in!!! so go another two or so blocks, and BAM!!! no gears again!!! anyone think it might be the tranny solenoids??? lmk..... checked the tranny oil level, it was fine, hence the tranny has new fluid too..

hotwheelcivic
03-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Sounds like it keep slipping into neutral and the pedal is getting stuck or something. That would be my guess. Have you talked to anyone professionally?

And since you don't have 150 posts you can't be asking about wtb a new tranny in here. You'll get flagged and shit will get deleted. :smackself:

Bandolero
03-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Sounds like it keep slipping into neutral and the pedal is getting stuck or something. That would be my guess. Have you talked to anyone professionally?

And since you don't have 150 posts you can't be asking about wtb a new tranny in here. You'll get flagged and shit will get deleted. :smackself:

nah... don't think its tranny, cuz if that was the case, then after I turned it off for awhile, then turned it back on, it wouldn't go in reverse, or drive.... good point though... just talked to a buddy, and said he had the same problem, and it was the solenoid??? after he replaced it, his car ran fine... :biggrin:

hotwheelcivic
03-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Well now you know where to start on getting it fixed. Gl