PDA

View Full Version : SCCA - AzSolo Autocross at FIR West Track

autox
03-28-2011, 09:51 PM
April 17 Autocross at FIR West.
Link to thread: http://www.azsolo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10773 (http://www.azsolo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10773)
Link to Homepage: http://www.azsolo.com/ (http://www.azsolo.com/)
Link to SCCA rulebook download page: http://www.scca.com/contentpage.aspx?content=61 (http://www.scca.com/contentpage.aspx?content=61)

We'll paddock on Skidpad 4. Grid will be on the front straight.
Typically the start line is a 100 yards +/- before the first turn, the finish line the same distance after the last turn.
Cost is slightly more than our usual events due to the cost of the West track rental, but the course is always an adrenalin rush (i.e. - lots of movement). Your upper body will get a workout.
Don't miss this one!

Agent Smith
03-29-2011, 04:40 PM
hmmm... no work, no conflicting events, 225 A6's in the garage, and no other current excuses, I'm there!

bryans_k20
03-30-2011, 02:18 AM
Cool, quick question.

What is the difference between the registration fee and the time-only runs?

civil
03-30-2011, 09:20 AM
Cool, quick question.

What is the difference between the registration fee and the time-only runs?
Registration is for comp runs(And is required) and then the extra charge for Time Only runs if for an extra set of runs in the afternoon. It's basically extra runs for practice. It's a great time to change your set-up and try different lines or learn the quickest lines. Always recommend the extra seat time. :thumbup:

West course AutoX is a ton of fun. Can't wait!

A pic for fun: Last year's West Course Event.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj68/vexcivil/AutoX/DSC_1198.jpg

SlowCivicHmm
03-30-2011, 09:00 PM
hmmm... no work, no conflicting events, 225 A6's in the garage, and no other current excuses, I'm there!

OH OH!!! You might have to coach me along and I'll be right there with ya brotha...

Gotta get my XS's!!!! grrrrrr

civil
03-31-2011, 08:20 AM

OH OH!!! You might have to coach me along and I'll be right there with ya brotha...

Gotta get my XS's!!!! grrrrrr

Glad you guys will be out at the event. Look forward to meeting you both.

94jezer
04-04-2011, 10:12 AM
I been curious for awhile to see what Autocross is all about. I been to many NASA AZ road racing events and was told to try it out. Since I'm new to this I need some help. I have no clue what class to sign up for. Can anyone help me out? Thank You.

90cb7
04-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Car? Modifications?

94jezer
04-04-2011, 12:18 PM
94 Integra GSR - Intake/Headers/Exhaust, coilovers, 24mm rear swaybar w/ frame, kumho XS 215/45/16, SS brake lines, cross slotted/drilled rotors, hawk hp plus pads, rear interior gutted out.

aaron
04-04-2011, 12:26 PM
94 Integra GSR - Intake/Headers/Exhaust, coilovers, 24mm rear swaybar w/ frame, kumho XS 215/45/16, SS brake lines, cross slotted/drilled rotors, hawk hp plus pads, rear interior gutted out.

with the interior taken out i belive you are running in a modified class.
mine is the same.
i think it's EM (E-modified)
if your rear interior was back in it might be in street prepaired.
dont let the "class" scare you.
it's all about having fun!!
plus that means it would be just me and my dad in my car and you in yours :)
hope to see everyone out there!
aaron

aaron
04-04-2011, 12:28 PM
just to add to this....
you might want to pre-register and get there early anyways!
this event, from what i hear, brings everyone out of the wood work!!
even the people who have no been running the skid pad will show up.
should be a great event!!
aaron

90cb7
04-04-2011, 12:49 PM
with the interior taken out i belive you are running in a modified class.
mine is the same.
i think it's EM (E-modified)
if your rear interior was back in it might be in street prepaired.
dont let the "class" scare you.
it's all about having fun!!
plus that means it would be just me and my dad in my car and you in yours :)
hope to see everyone out there!
aaron

I believe he's right. The only thing that puts you in SM or E-modified (not sure), is the gutted rear interior. I think you could be in STS with your interior back in. Im not the greatest with classing, but I try.

Which ever class your in, you should sign up. My accord is in FSP, and im on street tires. I should be in STS, but my test pipe puts me in FSP. Either way it's alot of fun.

Alot more Honda's should be out there. :pissed:

94jezer
04-04-2011, 12:56 PM
What about Categories? I'm guessing Novice since this is my first event. I forgot to add i do have a test pipe as well. I do not plan on putting the rear interior back in.

civil
04-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Aaron and Adam are right about the classing for your car. And about just coming out and having fun. Your first events are always going to be about getting comfortable with your car/driving/course's. After running for awhile and you feel it's something you really wanna pursue you can get really technical with your cars classing. As for catagory, go with Novice 2/ESP and you should be set.
:drive:

94jezer
04-04-2011, 01:13 PM
Aaron and Adam are right about the classing for your car. And about just coming out and having fun. Your first events are always going to be about getting comfortable with your car/driving/course's. After running for awhile and you feel it's something you really wanna pursue you can get really technical with your cars classing. As for catagory, go with Novice 2/ESP and you should be set.
:drive:

Okay thank you guys for your help. I'm excited to see what this is all about.

SlowCivicHmm
04-04-2011, 02:35 PM
MY TURN MY TURN!! LOL

93 DX Hatch......"stock" non vtec sohc (b7) in there stil with ac/heater with full interior and no weight reduction......only mods to motor are m2 header & custom exhaust that still has the oem cat....still has oem air box :-)

Then Short shifter with bushings, torque mount inserts, 16 way Adjustable Tein SS coils (8yrs old), OEM 21mm front sway bar w/poly, aftermarket 22mm rear sway with poly, rear SRR LCA's (8yrs old), BWR rear adjustable camber kit, front Progress non adjustable camber kit, GSR disc brakes all around with SS brake lines and PBR Ultimates all around.

Hmmm whatelse?? oh 3pt strut bar up front, ITR rear strut bar, Teg subframe brace, custom "ITR" trunk bar, harness bar but no harnesses......I still use OEM belts.......

That's all I think....FULL DISCLOSURE!!! lol What class am I?? I never pay attention to class I just want seat time!! lol.....been road racing since 03....and it wasn't til 2010 I started memorizing class rules........

Thanks felas....

Agent Smith
04-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Can I get some more help with classing too?

96 4dr GSR, Koni+gc, itr rear sway, itr rear lca, skunk2 intake manifold, cai, itr header, test pipe, itr trans with gsr 5th and LSD, chipped ecu, abs delete with all oem parts, full interior. Will be trying out the 225/45/15 Hoosier a6's on 15x7's and the 225 nt01's on my 15x8's.

It's been a few years since I've done an auto-x, and even then I've only done like 7 events with 3 different organizations, but I've done 50+ track days without dodging cones....

Edit.... dammit Joser you barely beat me to posting haha.

civil
04-04-2011, 03:01 PM
lol I'll get back to both of you when I get home. Unless someone else beats me to it.

autox
04-04-2011, 03:10 PM

What about Categories? I'm guessing Novice since this is my first event. I forgot to add i do have a test pipe as well. I do not plan on putting the rear interior back in.

Unfortunately the SCCA rules are more specific on modifying a car than NASA is. Careful studying of the rulebook is required to make a top car for the class. Some seemingly innocuous mods can knock you into serious territory...like gutting the interior (or part of it).

94 Integra GSR

Stock = GS

ST = intake/headers/exhaust, reflashed ECU in original housing (no piggybacks), coilovers, swaybars, ss brakelines, any brake pads, stock diameter brakes (can be slotted, drilled), upper or lower tie bars which are designed to brace from side to side and not triagulate to the chassis (so I'd have to get a better description of your lower brace), CAT must not only be present, but must be within the confines of the original location. That means you can substitute a small hi flow cat but it must be mounted within the confines of the original CATs inlet and outlet.
Tires are up to 225 width and wheels up to 7.5" width. Full interior except for the trunk tray and removeable parcel shelf. Small batteries OK. No disc brake conversions if the car came with rear drums...

DSP = lots more than I can go into here, but the interior is still required. CAT can be removed though.

EP = this is where you are now. Interior removal OK.

So if you want to run as you are now on the 17th, register in the EP Class and the Novice 2 category (NV2). To make it a little more clear EP NV2.

It may be a class for serious cars, but I know Tage Evanson has stated many times that Autocrossing is the place to learn car control and what effects the different parts you may install affect the handling at the limit. Autocrossing teaches you to control a car at max grip during cornering, transitions, braking...all points of the friction circle. This will end up making you far faster and safer when you hit the track. Everyone else on the track will appreciate that when you're on course with them.
So come on out and get started right!

SlowCivicHmm
04-04-2011, 04:05 PM

96 4dr GSR, Koni+gc, itr rear sway, itr rear lca, skunk2 intake manifold, cai, itr header, test pipe, itr trans with gsr 5th and LSD, chipped ecu, abs delete with all oem parts, full interior. Will be trying out the 225/45/15 Hoosier a6's on 15x7's and the 225 nt01's on my 15x8's.

It's been a few years since I've done an auto-x, and even then I've only done like 7 events with 3 different organizations, but I've done 50+ track days without dodging cones....

We on the same page!!! lol LITERALLY!! haha......we setting up Honda Camp again Justin? :-)

lol I'll get back to both of you when I get home. Unless someone else beats me to it.

Thank YOU!!

Tires: I'll be on Hankook RS-3's 225/45-15 on 15x7 wheels.........

I have 2 major mods pending on the car this month.....but not sure if it will be done by this event......EX Tranny with phantom grip LSD and "custom" 4th gear......plus EX intake manifold with B16 TB.......oh and I forgot I have a chipped ECU!! :-) or I can stay stock...

autox
04-04-2011, 06:59 PM
MY TURN MY TURN!! LOL

93 DX Hatch......"stock" non vtec sohc (b7) in there stil with ac/heater with full interior and no weight reduction......only mods to motor are m2 header & custom exhaust that still has the oem cat....still has oem air box :-)

Then Short shifter with bushings, torque mount inserts, 16 way Adjustable Tein SS coils (8yrs old), OEM 21mm front sway bar w/poly, aftermarket 22mm rear sway with poly, rear SRR LCA's (8yrs old), BWR rear adjustable camber kit, front Progress non adjustable camber kit, GSR disc brakes all around with SS brake lines and PBR Ultimates all around.

Hmmm whatelse?? oh 3pt strut bar up front, ITR rear strut bar, Teg subframe brace, custom "ITR" trunk bar, harness bar but no harnesses......I still use OEM belts.......

That's all I think....FULL DISCLOSURE!!! lol What class am I?? I never pay attention to class I just want seat time!! lol.....been road racing since 03....and it wasn't til 2010 I started memorizing class rules........

Thanks felas....

You're all Street Touring (ST) legal until possibly the rear suspension. SCCA rules allow mods to either the upper control arm or the lower but not both. If you can easily replace the lower arm with the stock piece, do it and enter either ST Open or ST NV3. The same rule applies to Street Prepared (in your case FSP). So you'll skip right over FSP straight into Street Mod.
You'll be in Street Modified Front wheel drive (SMF)
The PAX is much easier for ST than SMF, so I'd change 'em out.

Agent Smith - Justin I believe.
You're all D Street Prepared (DSP) until the transmission swap. Not so easy to change.
You'll be SMF as well.

I'll add a link to the SCCA Solo rule download page where you can download a PDF of the rules. SEE THE FIRST POST FOR THE LINK.
Click the first link in red (2011 SCCA Solo Rules 4.2MB)
Start your reading with the stock rules in Chapter 13 all other chapters from there list modifications that are allowed in excess of the stock rules. So, if you don't see something mentioned under the Street Modified rules for example go back to stock, then ST, then SP to see if it's allowed there, if so, it's legal for Street Modified even if it's not mentioned under the Street Mod section. The classes escalate so to speak.

civil
04-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Thank you Britt. :you rock:

SlowCivicHmm
04-04-2011, 08:55 PM
I might aswell stay SMF since I have a few other mods laying around already in store for this street car...

7.5lbs flywheel, pullies, stage 1 cam....and forgot to add I have Megan Rear Trailing Arm bushings........

I'll pull the rules and start learning...thx for the help!!!

Agent Smith
04-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Fail, my daily driver stock long block car is the same class as my turbo integra.

Thank you for your assistance! very much appreciated! It should be a fun event!

94jezer
04-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Unfortunately the SCCA rules are more specific on modifying a car than NASA is. Careful studying of the rulebook is required to make a top car for the class. Some seemingly innocuous mods can knock you into serious territory...like gutting the interior (or part of it).

94 Integra GSR

Stock = GS

ST = intake/headers/exhaust, reflashed ECU in original housing (no piggybacks), coilovers, swaybars, ss brakelines, any brake pads, stock diameter brakes (can be slotted, drilled), upper or lower tie bars which are designed to brace from side to side and not triagulate to the chassis (so I'd have to get a better description of your lower brace), CAT must not only be present, but must be within the confines of the original location. That means you can substitute a small hi flow cat but it must be mounted within the confines of the original CATs inlet and outlet.
Tires are up to 225 width and wheels up to 7.5" width. Full interior except for the trunk tray and removeable parcel shelf. Small batteries OK. No disc brake conversions if the car came with rear drums...

DSP = lots more than I can go into here, but the interior is still required. CAT can be removed though.

EP = this is where you are now. Interior removal OK.

So if you want to run as you are now on the 17th, register in the EP Class and the Novice 2 category (NV2). To make it a little more clear EP NV2.

It may be a class for serious cars, but I know Tage Evanson has stated many times that Autocrossing is the place to learn car control and what effects the different parts you may install affect the handling at the limit. Autocrossing teaches you to control a car at max grip during cornering, transitions, braking...all points of the friction circle. This will end up making you far faster and safer when you hit the track. Everyone else on the track will appreciate that when you're on course with them.
So come on out and get started right!

Thank you for all the info man. Makes more scene now. I just signed up now for EP/NV2. I read the Novice guide and went over the rule book and little and EP is the right class for my car.

So how many runs do you get normally in a day?

civil
04-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Thank you for all the info man. Makes more scene now. I just signed up now for EP/NV2. I read the Novice guide and went over the rule book and little and EP is the right class for my car.

So how many runs do you get normally in a day?

It's really dependent on how many entrants we get and what intervals we're launching cars. But if you're just signed up for comp runs probably 4 runs. And then 4 more if you are paying for Time Only run's. Again just a rough guess. On the road course events you're looking at about 70sec runs roughly on your car/experience.

autox
04-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Fail, my daily driver stock long block car is the same class as my turbo integra.

Thank you for your assistance! very much appreciated! It should be a fun event!

Glad to hear you're still coming!

SlowCivicHmm
04-05-2011, 09:34 PM
where do we register? I assume it's not open yet??

Agent Smith
04-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Glad to hear you're still coming!

It'll be fun even if my car isn't competitively classed.

Has the course map been posted yet?

Joser, register at azsolo.com, you have to wait till the week of though.

civil
04-06-2011, 06:46 AM
:)

:)

Pre-Reg is open guys

ClickMe (http://www.azsolo.com/events-info/registration/65")

autox
04-06-2011, 06:49 AM

Registration opened a couple days ago. Register now!
http://www.azsolo.com/events-info/registration/65&quot (http://www.azsolo.com/events-info/registration/65&quot);

It'll be fun even if my car isn't competitively classed.
Has the course map been posted yet?

Not yet. That won't happen until next friday + or - a day.

civil
04-06-2011, 06:50 AM

Pre-Reg is open guys

ClickMe (http://www.azsolo.com/events-info/registration/65")

slowpoke Britt!

Agent Smith
04-06-2011, 08:32 AM
went to prereg, what Catagory should I run? open? nv1/2/3?

civil
04-06-2011, 09:22 AM

You can go with Open or NV2 really. Since you have some experience with this you might want to run Open. I think* you could run in our local category of SPM(Sportsman) also and be put up against the other faster cars. Really up to you. I'm sure Britt will chim in about the SPM category.

autox
04-06-2011, 12:57 PM

Probably "Open".
If SlowCivic and you both register in SMF Open you'll probably be the only 2 cars in that class. You don't get your choice of run group like you do in Novice or Sportsman, but at least you won't be decimating the novices or getting pounded (PAX wise) in Sportsman just because your cars are nowhere near optimum prep for SMF.
Open may be your private class.
However I don't know what type tires you'll have. Open is really for R-tires, so...

There is another option. If your running on street tire with a treadwear rating of 140 or greater you can run in a class labeled "ST2".
Street Mod (SM) and Street Mod Front (SMF) Open are classes for cars with Race Rubber. Not everyone wants the expense of R-tires so locally we have a class for cars that are running street rubber instead of race rubber. Those local classes are ST1 and ST2. ST1 is for "stock" cars and ST2 for modified cars.

If you really want to run in Novice then NV2 would be the correct class for an SMF car.

In short:
SMF Open
SMF ST2
SMF NV2

Agent Smith
04-06-2011, 04:38 PM
lol, too many choices! I think I'll go SMF Open

I'll be on 225/45/15 A6 Hoosiers 40 treadwear ;)

SlowCivicHmm
04-06-2011, 08:36 PM
hmmm Private Class with Justin or run SMF ST2 since I'll be on 140 treadwear RS-3's.....lol

aaron
04-06-2011, 09:09 PM
so that's why they keep putting my dad and i in other run groups we didnt sign up for!!?? :)
we keep putting open class and want to pick our run group but i guess you dont get to do that.
i REALY hope everyone comes out for this event and isn't just talking about it!!
it's a lot of fun and you can meet some realy great people! plus see some cool stuff.
realy though, i wouldn't stress to much on your classes right now. the season is almost over and it's all about having fun and learning what your car can do. if you realy like it and come back in the fall, then we can sit down with the rule book, about a keg of beer, and figure it out! :)
if your interior is still in your car and you dont have any huge-major add on's(engine swaps, major trans work...)
but bolt ons, most likely street prepaired or street mod...
i'm very excited to see you all there.
if you dont know, i'm the one with the "Frank-in-Honda"
p.s.
Joser, i will bring my fender roller AGAIN if you would like....:)
hope you all come out!
have a great week!
aaron

SlowCivicHmm
04-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Aaron!! I'll need it this weekend.........me and Justin pulling a tech day to prep for this event!! :-)

I'll register today or tomorrow to be tied in and commited!!! WOOOOT

SlowCivicHmm
04-06-2011, 09:38 PM
so that's why they keep putting my dad and i in other run groups we didnt sign up for!!?? :)
we keep putting open class and want to pick our run group but i guess you dont get to do that.
i REALY hope everyone comes out for this event and isn't just talking about it!!
it's a lot of fun and you can meet some realy great people! plus see some cool stuff.
realy though, i wouldn't stress to much on your classes right now. the season is almost over and it's all about having fun and learning what your car can do. if you realy like it and come back in the fall, then we can sit down with the rule book, about a keg of beer, and figure it out! :)
if your interior is still in your car and you dont have any huge-major add on's(engine swaps, major trans work...)
but bolt ons, most likely street prepaired or street mod...
i'm very excited to see you all there.
if you dont know, i'm the one with the "Frank-in-Honda"
p.s.
Joser, i will bring my fender roller AGAIN if you would like....:)
hope you all come out!
have a great week!
aaron

I like the keg idea.......lol

And I know about the fun aspect....I'm going to show up and drive......who cars about "winning" BUT BUT!!

for me..I need to have an understanding in what I'm getting into....so I need to comprehend this 1st hand ........feel me??

I want to run this event and wanna come back!! keep in mind I have a busy track schedule and an illness that keep me down if I don't take care of myself......heat kills me!!! so yeah!

LETS HAVE FUN!! ABOUT TO REGISTER!!

SlowCivicHmm
04-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Registered in SMF ST2....fuk it!! lol

civil
04-07-2011, 06:56 AM
lol good to see everyone getting signed up and ready. I'm stoked too, this is my first race back since January!!! :smackself:

SlowCivicHmm
04-07-2011, 08:12 AM
so we pay day of?? I had my CC out and ready!! lol

civil
04-07-2011, 08:35 AM
so we pay day of?? I had my CC out and ready!! lol

Yea pay the day of. Cash

94jezer
04-07-2011, 09:54 AM
I will see you all on sunday. I will be the newbie driving the Black Integra w/ California plates, so if you like to come say hello please come on by.

One more thing are we required to have numbers?

Agent Smith
04-07-2011, 09:58 AM

civil
04-07-2011, 10:23 AM
I will see you all on sunday. I will be the newbie driving the Black Integra w/ California plates, so if you like to come say hello please come on by.

No numbers required. When you go through Tech they'll put your numbers on your windshield for you.

SlowCivicHmm
04-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Yea pay the day of. Cash

KK, Thx....ATM here I come...

Me and Agent Smith here always set up Honda Camp......feel free to roll by or even park near us...bring a chair, I gots the shade....

Honda Camp??

No numbers required. When you go through Tech they'll put your numbers on your windshield for you.

But if we have our own #'s do we need to show class too??

civil
04-07-2011, 02:44 PM
But if we have our own #'s do we need to show class too??

After you get your assigned number's I'm sure they won't mind you putting your numbers/class on the car. But it's not required.

aaron
04-09-2011, 09:26 AM
This is going to be such and awesome event!
I realy hope you all come out!
Aaron
p.s.
Sorry about the caps (yelling)
i'm at work

autox
04-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Probably "Open".
If SlowCivic and you both register in SMF Open you'll probably be the only 2 cars in that class. You don't get your choice of run group like you do in Novice or Sportsman, but at least you won't be decimating the novices or getting pounded (PAX wise) in Sportsman just because your cars are nowhere near optimum prep for SMF.
Open may be your private class.
However I don't know what type tires you'll have. Open is really for R-tires, so...

There is another option. If your running on street tire with a treadwear rating of 140 or greater you can run in a class labeled "ST2".
Street Mod (SM) and Street Mod Front (SMF) Open are classes for cars with Race Rubber. Not everyone wants the expense of R-tires so locally we have a class for cars that are running street rubber instead of race rubber. Those local classes are ST1 and ST2. ST1 is for "stock" cars and ST2 for modified cars.

If you really want to run in Novice then NV2 would be the correct class for an SMF car.

In short:
SMF Open
SMF ST2
SMF NV2

Editing my own post. HA.
I need to add that R-tires are not allowed in the Novice classes.

94jezer
04-10-2011, 04:38 PM
"Me and Agent Smith here always set up Honda Camp......feel free to roll by or even park near us...bring a chair, I gots the shade..'"

Who wrote that ^^^^

What are you driving??? I will make sure to come join the Honda camp lol

SlowCivicHmm
04-10-2011, 05:18 PM
"Me and Agent Smith here always set up Honda Camp......feel free to roll by or even park near us...bring a chair, I gots the shade..'"

Who wrote that ^^^^

What are you driving??? I will make sure to come join the Honda camp lol

What ups.....I wrote that!! I'll be in the black eg hatch, look for it and the white 4dr gsr teg.......oh and the honda flag!! :-p

autox
04-11-2011, 06:51 AM
I saw the registration list and it looks like most of you didn't sign up for "time only" runs. For only $10 you get 4 more runs. It's during time onlies that you can ride in other cars or someone car ride with you. Actually, people can ride with you during your "Comp" runs but those are the runs that go in the books and most of you'd like the car to be as light as possible during those runs.
If you'd like to sign up for "time only" runs just re-register and check the box next to "time only".

94jezer
04-11-2011, 09:21 AM
What ups.....I wrote that!! I'll be in the black eg hatch, look for it and the white 4dr gsr teg.......oh and the honda flag!! :-p

Alright man, sounds good. What time you plan on getting there?

I saw the registration list and it looks like most of you didn't sign up for "time only" runs. For only $10 you get 4 more runs. It's during time onlies that you can ride in other cars or someone car ride with you. Actually, people can ride with you during your "Comp" runs but those are the runs that go in the books and most of you'd like the car to be as light as possible during those runs.
If you'd like to sign up for "time only" runs just re-register and check the box next to "time only".

I was wondering what the "time only" was. Hmm if for only 10 more dollars why not. Re-Registered and added time runs.

Agent Smith
04-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Pretty sure I already put time only runs in as well, is there a way to confirm this?

autox
04-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Pretty sure I already put time only runs in as well, is there a way to confirm this?

Either re-register (checking the "add time only runs to entry" box) or e-mail registrar@azsolo.com and ask if you're signed up for Time Only runs.

civil
04-11-2011, 02:13 PM

Justin you're showing up as Comp/TO's. Your good.

And.. Jose B.? Is that SlowCivic? he's showing up as Comp/TO's also.

Agent Smith
04-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Justin you're showing up as Comp/TO's. Your good.

And.. Jose B.? Is that SlowCivic? he's showing up as Comp/TO's also.

perfect. & yes Jose B. is SlowCivicHmm

When will the course map be posted? I looked on the azsolo site and couldn't find it...

civil
04-11-2011, 03:02 PM
perfect. & yes Jose B. is SlowCivicHmm

When will the course map be posted? I looked on the azsolo site and couldn't find it...

Cool.

Yea no course map yet. Should be up later this week.

SlowCivicHmm
04-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Jose B is me.......or Joser!! Thx for the info!!

SlowCivicHmm
04-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Justin what time we arriving??

Agent Smith
04-11-2011, 04:21 PM
7, you know me though, waking up early is always difficult.

94jezer
04-12-2011, 10:36 PM
I will take it you guys will be there by 7-730. I don't want to be driving around the padlock looking for nothing if im there before you guys are.

SlowCivicHmm
04-13-2011, 12:58 AM
7-730am yeah....lol.......or check back the night before....

I have to arrive and set up shade, plus swap tires........so I'll shoot for 7am....and run late.........

Agent Smith
04-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Joser, you better finish rolling your fenders! you can not destroy your new tires!!!!!!

94jezer
04-13-2011, 12:12 PM
7-730am yeah....lol.......or check back the night before....

I have to arrive and set up shade, plus swap tires........so I'll shoot for 7am....and run late.........

:lama: okay

aaron
04-13-2011, 06:14 PM
how is that rolling fender thing working out anyways?

i will be there at or even a little before 7 if anyone cares...
this should be a very good event! and busy.
hope to see you all there!
aaron

p.s
Joser let me know how the roller worked for you

aaron
04-13-2011, 06:26 PM
i will be there at or before 7 if anyone cares...
i can't wait to see how the track is and how everyone does.
this is going to be a huge event and very crowded.
so much fun!
aaron

p.s
Joser let me know how that fender roller is working for you :)

aaron
04-13-2011, 06:28 PM
man my computer is slow!!
sorry for the re-print...:)
see ya
aaron

SlowCivicHmm
04-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Aaron, same room for 2-3 cars nears you.....would be rad to have all the honda's together...

I have 2 EZ-Ups........

autox
04-14-2011, 06:37 AM
I laid out some misinformation a few posts ago when I said that Time Only runs where $10.
Normallly Competition runs at all of our events are $25 and the Time Only runs are $10 (if you preregister).
However due to the extra cost of the West Track, at this event the comp runs are $40 and the T.O.runs are $20 (if you preregister).
So bring $60 bucks cash. Sorry about the mix up. Hopefully that doesn't stop any of you from coming.
Hope to see everyone there!

SlowCivicHmm
04-14-2011, 08:02 AM
isn't it $75 for non members??

$50 pre register? and $25 pre register? total $75.....

or $90 day of.......

civil
04-14-2011, 08:26 AM
isn't it $75 for non members??

$50 pre register? and $25 pre register? total $75.....

or $90 day of.......
Sorry for the miscommunication. Pricing can still be seen here (AZsolo) (http://www.azsolo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10773)

For SCCA Member's Pre-Registering it's $40 or $60 at the event.

For NoN-SCCA Member's Pre-Registering it's $50 or $70 at the event.

Time Only's Pre-Registered price is $20 or $25 at the event.

So for those that Pre-Reg'd and are not members are gonna need $70.

Gonna be an awesome event. Can't wait to set-up the car and play. :drive:

civil
04-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Lot of drivers signed up so far. If your name is not on the list so far and you signed up, please let me know. And I'll check into it

List can be seen here (AZsolo) (http://www.azsolo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10811)

Competition Runs

Kevin O'Neill
Matt Soeffner
Aaron Higginbotham
Clayton Saffell
Tim Bergstrom
Evan Brom
Doug Higginbotham
Justin Smith
Don Sattler
Dave Lahey
Weldon Knape
Brian Weikert
John Hogan
Jose Bonillas
Rex Liu Jr.
Douglas Whitfield
Scott Matthews
Joe Sandoval
Dave Branson
Scott Meyers
Shawn Warner
Chris Black
Deb Eymann
Steve Eymann
Kris Castner
George Liberios
Pete Immel
Andrew Vicars
Rick Paradis
David Permuy
Jim Allen
Travis Gianelli
Jenna Rederus
Rex Liu Sr.
Lanna Liu
Marcus Myer
Daniel Wendel
Jason Georgievski
Glenn Lane
Kirk Lane
Craig Borger
Jon Roesch
Ted Lewis
Mindi Cross
Jeff Hancock
Kevin Gleaton
Julie Wiechert
Jim Enriquez
Dane Traines
Mike Mah
Chris Groppi
Michael Terrey
Jay Balducci
Rob Rockefeller
Dave Munsey
Mark Huffman
Jose Gomez
Patty Duncan
Boyan Vassilev
George Sklyarevsky
Klayton Albers
Alex Alcantar
Michael Shepard
Stephen King
Kim Kemper
Zack Foulk
Jeff Abrams
David Rich
Josh Johnston
Mike Nord
Fred Zust
Brad Owen
Jeffrey Israel
Brad McCann
Britt Dollmeyer
Many Owen
Kevin Venisnik
Kat Kemper
Clint Child
Chris Steele
Elliott Goltsman
Jim Boller
Mike Rogers
Todd Houser

Time Only Runs

Jay Balducci
Brian Weikert
Matt Soeffner
Julie Wiechert
Fred Zust
Brad Owen
Brad McCann
Jim Boller
Dave Branson
Britt Dollmeyer
Boyan Vassilev
Pete Immel
Ted Lewis
Many Owen
Kevin Venisnik
Jeff Abrams
Steve Eymann
Travis Gianelli
Jenna Rederus
Jason Georgievski
Jeff Hancock
Mike Mah
Chris Groppi
Scott Matthews
Dave Lahey
Kevin Gleaton
Alex Alcantar
Kevin O'Neill
Stephen King
George Liberios
Clint Child
Chris Steele
Zack Foulk
Jeffrey Israel
Elliott Goltsman
Tim Bergstrom
Rob Rockefeller
Dave Munsey
Todd Houser
Andrew Vicars
Chris Black
David Permuy
John Hogan
Deb Eymann
Dane Traines
Jose Bonillas
Justin Smith
Mindi Cross
David Rich
Josh Johnston
Don Sattler
Mike Nord
Weldon Knape
Michael Shepard

civil
04-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Alot more Honda's should be out there. :pissed:

Sir why do I not see you signed up? :pissed:

Agent Smith
04-14-2011, 12:57 PM
still no map? is this normal?

civil
04-14-2011, 01:10 PM
still no map? is this normal?

Yea pretty normal. It's usually out on Friday. Sometime's we don't get it until the event lol. But it should be ready by tomorrow. When it is I'll post it here also.

90cb7
04-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Sir why do I not see you signed up? :pissed:

Check the list again.

civil
04-14-2011, 01:38 PM
:biggrin: cheater! I'll have to break down the new list for Comp/TO's lol

EDIT: Nevermind not going to do it. Check the new list here (AZsolo) (http://www.azsolo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10811&pid=116042&st=0&#entry116042)

autox
04-14-2011, 07:08 PM
You good on tires Stephen? Need to see you take down the Nissan. :)

civil
04-14-2011, 08:09 PM
You good on tires Stephen? Need to see you take down the Nissan. :)

lol gonna be using my daily driver tires unfortunately. I have a set of star spec's just no wheels yet.

civil
04-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Important Information. EVERYONE PLEASE READ

http://www.azsolo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10813

SlowCivicHmm
04-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Lost me on the lot # and stuff.......hahaha

you mean we paddock on the west parking lot/paddock's north end......and pre grid will be far south of the lot next to the entrance to the track aka top of the hill???

I know what you mean for grid.......and thank you for the info!

Also, worker assignments?? when do we get those?? I assume us noobs get the shit tasks?? lol....whatever I do I need to be under my easy up....... :)

Agent Smith
04-14-2011, 08:59 PM
When are the worker, run group times posted?

SlowCivicHmm
04-15-2011, 03:57 AM
ok....hatch has been fitted with Hankook RS3's 225/45-15 on a 15x7 35et.......fenders rolled....car slightly raised/added preload.......feels stiff!!

Tomorrow alignment hopefully!!! :-/

-2.5 camber front
-2.0 camber rear
Zero Toe all around...

Possible new BWR front camber kit from my sponsor!! :-)

Aaron!! Are you available this weekend for an alignment?? lmk...I'll call you saturday......but let me know know on here if possible...

civil
04-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Due to popularity of the West Track Events, we have almost reached capacity. To ensure that all our pre-registered participants that pre-registered get their runs, we are capping the event. We only have 6 entries, including TO (3 entries and 3 TOs). If you want attend to you better sign up now! Again, there will be no on-site registration.

From the event Chair.

civil
04-15-2011, 08:26 AM
When are the worker, run group times posted?

Work/Run Group info will be posted tonight or tomorrow. You can also double check at the event before when you pay.

civil
04-15-2011, 08:35 AM
Lost me on the lot # and stuff.......hahaha

you mean we paddock on the west parking lot/paddock's north end......and pre grid will be far south of the lot next to the entrance to the track aka top of the hill???

I know what you mean for grid.......and thank you for the info!

Also, worker assignments?? when do we get those?? I assume us noobs get the shit tasks?? lol....whatever I do I need to be under my easy up....... :)

Lot 4 is the pad above West Track yes. Enter in at Gate 3 and it'll be on your right. You'll see everyone. :biggrin:

As for the noobs and work, you're shagging cone's. Bring an umbrella and maybe ask to be paired up with another person to help with the work at you assigned worker station. Usually the new guys get paired up with a more experienced person to help out. It's not really that hard of work tbh.

civil
04-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Registration is closed. Also, we will not be registering on site.

Packed house for west track :drive:

SlowCivicHmm
04-15-2011, 09:56 PM
HELP!!!

So I need a place for a last minute alignment.....need a hook up like yesterday!! If not I can't make the event in my car and will co drive probably.....I'd rather make it with my car..

Anyone??

I already tried aaron but can't get a hold of him...I'm on a crunch...

Agent Smith
04-15-2011, 11:47 PM
network. $90...

aaron
04-16-2011, 03:25 PM
i'm SOOOO sorry about the alignment Joser!!
i cant do them when the manager is there! :(
he doesn't like side/friend work in the shop.
you better get there anyways!!
2.5 camber....that's it....i'm at 3.0 front and 4.0 rear
but i dont drive it everyday any more...
i will save as many spots as possible for us all
should be getting there 645-700 am
might be a bit cranky in the am though. i work tonight at the bar and wont get out till about 3:00am!
maybe i should just come home from working, get the "Frank-in-Honda" and drive to the casino and wait till they open the gate at Firebird...:)
see i told you all it was going to be a full month this month.
watch next month not even be half as big :(
see you all there!
aaron

99luder
04-16-2011, 03:44 PM
I know josh with the nissan 240.. its a clean little car.. i work with him.. i showed him the post of yall saying we need to beat the nissan. he was balling last night.. He told me hes doing a test run on fb east today.. and sunday is the one time of the year yall do fb west..

SlowCivicHmm
04-16-2011, 05:37 PM
got the alignment!!!! wooot!!! $150 for lifetime@ firestone!! and the manager said scca specs and race spec are OK by him!!

Its on....seee ya'll in the am!!

civil
04-16-2011, 09:16 PM
For anyone that hasn't seen the course map. Course Map (http://www.azsolo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10825)

And run/work order is posted also. Run/Work (http://www.azsolo.com/assignments.html)

See you guys tomorrow morning. Going to be a fun event. Course is being run in reverse of what West Track is normally ran.

99luder lol, going to have to talk to josh tomorrow. Should be funny

94jezer
04-16-2011, 10:09 PM
See everyone tomorrow. " Hi-ho silver,AWAYYYYYY"

:bananalama:

Agent Smith
04-16-2011, 11:53 PM
Wow west in reverse! That'll be completely different....

Just finished loading up the car, gotta clean up the garage then going to bed and to the track bright and early. I too am not a big morrning person so forgive me if I seem inpersnal before I wake up around 9.

SlowCivicHmm
04-17-2011, 12:09 AM
^^^ LOL I haven't even loaded!! hahahahhahaa

Hey I got breakfast and drinks son!! DP? water? and a powerade or 2? BREAKFAST BURGERS!!!!!! 1 or 2? lol

Damn I need to swap tires n shit.....arg..

Agent Smith
04-17-2011, 12:19 AM
^^^ LOL I haven't even loaded!! hahahahhahaa

Hey I got breakfast and drinks son!! DP? water? and a powerade or 2? BREAKFAST BURGERS!!!!!! 1 or 2? lol

Damn I need to swap tires n shit.....arg..

Dp, h20, powerade, and one breakfast burger, maybe 2 lol.

I'll take it all.

SlowCivicHmm
04-17-2011, 01:47 AM
^^^ I got you!! lol

SlowCivicHmm
04-17-2011, 02:21 AM
Aight, I'm loaded up finally....lol

Whats a "waiver" like the form at the gate?? do I have to be there extra early??

autox
04-17-2011, 05:14 PM
I know josh with the nissan 240.. its a clean little car.. i work with him.. i showed him the post of yall saying we need to beat the nissan. he was balling last night.. He told me hes doing a test run on fb east today.. and sunday is the one time of the year yall do fb west..

Oh come on, he's not ballin'. Josh has been ruling ST the last few years. I know he's proud that he's the guy with the target on his back. Besides, that's what happens when you win your class...people gun for you.

Nice to meet you guys Jason and Jose, sorry I didn't talk to you more. Hope you make it out to more events. Talk to you more next time.

aaron
04-17-2011, 08:29 PM
MAN!!
awesome time today!!
to bad it was HOT AS HELL!!
maybe "we" should try and do that site in march....?
so much fun today! i wish i could've stayed to watch everyone run.
i just got over food poison on Friday so i was still dehydrated and getting weaker by the min. i changed my tires out and left. how did everyone else do?
funny thing, my rear tires i think "gained" more rubber then what they started with!! :)
my "Frank-in-Honda" check engine light came on at the end of my last run.....not sure why. was out when i started it again. guess i will wait untill something falls off.....then new engine? :)
it was great to see everyone out there today! wish i would have meet more people though.
Joser, you need to get up earlyer and pull it together son :) how did you do? you get to run it next week the "real" way!
well, again what an awesome day of driving.
hope everyone had some fun!
aaron

SlowCivicHmm
04-17-2011, 08:42 PM
this event killed my health....but I had fun...

constant 73.x's...................started off @ 78's....haha

And I took out a few cones!! hehe

94jezer
04-17-2011, 09:31 PM
I had a blast today for my first time. It was a lot different then Road Racing. I wish you can get more runs but time is always so short. Mostly considering doing it again for how cheap it is.

SlowCivicHmm
04-17-2011, 09:56 PM
sorry to everyone for not being social, nor setting up as intended.......my health wasn't up to par today.....I was beat to begin with and now I'm like "the walking dead" lol,

But Deff will do it again!!! I like the big tracks..............I was told tucson...oh oh!!

SlowCivicHmm
04-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Up Next!!

Any of you SCCA guys in??/ :-)

http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=146701

aaron
04-18-2011, 06:34 AM
well the results are in.
no figure Britt's awesomely fast "stock" ST car was the fastest Honda i think.....
i dont know how he does it.
it says there was onlt 99 people out there. i thought there was more.
so 99 is sold out then. what a day!
not sure why we shouldn't be able to do that course at least 2 times a year if it sells out that fast!
go to www.azsolo.com (http://www.azsolo.com) and click on results to see them.
aaron

civil
04-18-2011, 07:05 AM
Thanks for coming out guys. Was a great event. Sorry I didn't get to meet more of you.

Results are here SoloResults (http://www.azsolo.com/cgi-bin/results.cgi)

Britts a beast for sure. Hopefully his cars ok. He had to leave before TO's with the car miss firing. Thanks Britt for letting me borrow the RE-11's. They really did well in the morning, it's to bad I didn't have a water sprayer to keep them cool in the afternoon.

Hope to see you guys at more events. :drive: The fall season is a great time for AutoX with the cool weather. :drive:

Agent Smith
04-18-2011, 09:29 AM
The heat, sun, and gnats were killer. Shagging cones in those circumstances sucked. The event would have been 100x better without working it. It made me really appreciate the few NASA-X events that happened.

My heavy honda had at least another 2-3 seconds out there, it was my driving that held me back more than anything. Looking ahead wasn't the issue, it was remembering which cones/turns were beyond the visible turns that hurt me the most.

During Comp runs I was taking it pretty easy, slowly speeding it up. On my 4th run I tried shifting into 3rd because was hitting 2nd gear rev limiter 10x in one area, well i got into 3rd and that worked great, but I missed my braking zone right after it, and locked them up, nearly understeering off course (still kept it on the track though). Flat spotted hoosiers :( Decided against going to 3rd again haha.

During my first two runs of TO I was determined to break into the 66's, and they both started out great, but little details on the edge of traction killed me. First TO, totally missed a section of the course near turn 1 (road course numbering, I didn't count the auto-x turns), fail.

My 2nd TO was my best run of the day, right until the last chicane when I took it way too hot, late braked hard with turn in, made it through the box, but was way too sideways,steered in the direction I wanted, power power power, but I was simply carrying too much speed, it was too late to recover, and I spun.

my 3rd TO was right after the "incident" and I had a passenger, so I just cruised it :sleep:

All & all a fun day, but it was brutal, I love to :drive: but the circumstances were beyond enjoyment.

civil
04-18-2011, 12:47 PM
well the results are in.
no figure Britt's awesomely fast "stock" ST car was the fastest Honda i think.....
i dont know how he does it.
aaron

Fastest Honda would go to Clint Child in his ITR on RS3's knocking out an amazing 64.8! Fucker is fast....

1 DSP ST2 Clint Child 2000 Acura Integra R 64.895
2 STR SPM Rob Rockefeller 2003 Honda S2000 65.417
3 ST SPM Britt Dollmeyer 1990 Honda Civic Si 65.493
4 DSP ST2 Travis Gianelli 2000 Acura Integra Type R 66.544
5 STR SPM Jeff Williams 2006 Honda S2000 67.532
6 EM Open Doug Higginbotham 1993 Honda Civic 68.145
7 SMF Open Justin Smith 1996 Acura Integra Gsr 4Dr 68.324
8 EM Open Aaron Higginbotham 1993 Honda Civic 68.702
9 STX Open Michael Taylor 2003 Acura CL 69.621
10 STR Open Weldon Knape 2008 Honda S2000 Cr 69.828
11 ST Open Stephen King 2000 Honda Civic 71.91
12 EP NV2 Alex Alcantar 1994 Acura Integra 73.006
13 STR Open Evan Brom 2005 Honda S2000 73.314
14 SMF ST2 Jose Bonillas 1994 Honda Civic Hatchback 73.467
15 HS ST1 Mike Rogers 2003 Acura Rsx 73.594
16 FSP ST2 Adam Vega 1990 Honda Accord 74.534
17 DSP NV2 George Liberios 2007 Honda Civic Si 80.383

Was a damn good event though. Wish I didn't throw away my 4th run when I broke into the 69's :dumbass:

The Punisher
04-18-2011, 06:45 PM
The heat, sun, and gnats were killer. Shagging cones in those circumstances sucked. The event would have been 100x better without working it. It made me really appreciate the few NASA-X events that happened.

My heavy honda had at least another 2-3 seconds out there, it was my driving that held me back more than anything. Looking ahead wasn't the issue, it was remembering which cones/turns were beyond the visible turns that hurt me the most.

During Comp runs I was taking it pretty easy, slowly speeding it up. On my 4th run I tried shifting into 3rd because was hitting 2nd gear rev limiter 10x in one area, well i got into 3rd and that worked great, but I missed my braking zone right after it, and locked them up, nearly understeering off course (still kept it on the track though). Flat spotted hoosiers :( Decided against going to 3rd again haha.

During my first two runs of TO I was determined to break into the 66's, and they both started out great, but little details on the edge of traction killed me. First TO, totally missed a section of the course near turn 1 (road course numbering, I didn't count the auto-x turns), fail.

My 2nd TO was my best run of the day, right until the last chicane when I took it way too hot, late braked hard with turn in, made it through the box, but was way too sideways,steered in the direction I wanted, power power power, but I was simply carrying too much speed, it was too late to recover, and I spun.

my 3rd TO was right after the "incident" and I had a passenger, so I just cruised it :sleep:

All & all a fun day, but it was brutal, I love to :drive: but the circumstances were beyond enjoyment.

I suspect NASA-X will show its head again :)

aaron
04-18-2011, 07:37 PM
Fastest Honda would go to Clint Child in his ITR on RS3's knocking out an amazing 64.8! Fucker is fast....

1 DSP ST2 Clint Child 2000 Acura Integra R 64.895
2 STR SPM Rob Rockefeller 2003 Honda S2000 65.417
3 ST SPM Britt Dollmeyer 1990 Honda Civic Si 65.493
4 DSP ST2 Travis Gianelli 2000 Acura Integra Type R 66.544
5 STR SPM Jeff Williams 2006 Honda S2000 67.532
6 EM Open Doug Higginbotham 1993 Honda Civic 68.145
7 SMF Open Justin Smith 1996 Acura Integra Gsr 4Dr 68.324
8 EM Open Aaron Higginbotham 1993 Honda Civic 68.702
9 STX Open Michael Taylor 2003 Acura CL 69.621
10 STR Open Weldon Knape 2008 Honda S2000 Cr 69.828
11 ST Open Stephen King 2000 Honda Civic 71.91
12 EP NV2 Alex Alcantar 1994 Acura Integra 73.006
13 STR Open Evan Brom 2005 Honda S2000 73.314
14 SMF ST2 Jose Bonillas 1994 Honda Civic Hatchback 73.467
15 HS ST1 Mike Rogers 2003 Acura Rsx 73.594
16 FSP ST2 Adam Vega 1990 Honda Accord 74.534
17 DSP NV2 George Liberios 2007 Honda Civic Si 80.383

Was a damn good event though. Wish I didn't throw away my 4th run when I broke into the 69's :dumbass:

i wasn't trying to be a smart ass just sarcastic....
but am i only the one that thinks a 1990 stock si that came with about 108hp when new is only half sec or thousands of a second from one car with 210hp new and one with 189hp?
Britts a super great guy and an awesome driver!! the driving makes the big difference !!
i hope Britt's car is ok though!
to bad mine didn't break....i've been waiting for an excuse to do something with the engine:)

Agent Smith
04-18-2011, 09:22 PM
but am i only the one that thinks a 1990 stock si that came with about 108hp when new is only half sec or thousands of a second from one car with 210hp new and one with 189hp?
Britts a super great guy and an awesome driver!! the driving makes the big difference !!
i hope Britt's car is ok though!
to bad mine didn't break....i've been waiting for an excuse to do something with the engine:)

Auto-X is one area where the older Honda's excel, not because of the hp disadvantage, but the weight savings advantage. Before all the side curtain airbags and 5 star crash tests, Honda made light tin can cars for good gas mileage! Combine that with sticky tires, good coilovers, and a decent driver and you can make something go "fast" for cheap... The P:W ratio isn't that bad thus acceleration is ok, and no one can deny the lightweight advantage in turning and braking...

Some stock reference weight points for a few of the cars:
1990 Honda Civic Si HB MT 2291 lbs
2000 Acura Integra Type-R MT 2595 lbs
2003 Honda S2000 MT 2810 lbs
1993 Honda Civic EX CPE MT 2390 lbs
1996 Acura Integra GS-R Sedan MT 2765 lbs
1994 Acura Integra GS-R Coupe MT 2667 lbs
2003 Acura RSX Type S MT 2767 lbs (also plagued with McPherson struts)
2000 Honda Civic DX SDN MT 2339 lbs
1990 Honda Accord EX Sedan MT 2923 lbs
2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr MT 2945 lbs (another suspension design disappointment)
1994 Honda Civic DX HB MT 2178 ****Joser, not 500, but 600lbs lighter than my car!

Source: http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=403871 & edmunds.com
I do not claim these weights as 100% accurate, but they are very close...

Weight is the only reason my new long term project/future track car is a '94 CX hatchback. It's also part of the reason I chose an '95 Integra RS for my jack stand queen... aka current track car that rarely sees the track.

I suspect NASA-X will show its head again :)
the past 2 events that have been on the schedule were removed for other special circumstances. FIR East Nasa-X was forever ago! I'll believe it when I see it.

SlowCivicHmm
04-18-2011, 09:37 PM
wow 600?? lol........and I do have AC....only missing the condensor and fan ( already have both) to install and be cool between runs......

SlowCivicHmm
04-18-2011, 09:49 PM
So what does my VX weight? its a 92??

and your CX??

Agent Smith
04-18-2011, 10:06 PM
So what does my VX weight? its a 92??

and your CX??

Stock for stock I like this reference for it's weights and reasoning: http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=150315

92 VX: 2094 lbs
94 CX: 2108 lbs (added 2nd airbag, basically they are the same).

both cars are already too heavily modified being stripped/caged/swaped to be anything close to stock. My car will be heavier than OE after it's done...

another good link: http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=107556

aaron
04-18-2011, 10:15 PM
well this has goten out of hand....
i know what power to wieght ratio is. thank you for your time in the wieght findings.
i begining to remember why i wasn't sure i wanted to start racing again.
everyone takes this shit way to serious for a "grass roots" solo2 local "fun" enviroment. everything has changed so much sence i stopped racing (solo2 and pro solo) in 1991 and joined the Army. it was nice to see some of the "old" dogs still out there having fun with everything. but a lotof people need to lighten up. i was talking to Britt and i think Ted or Scott about how there's people that wont come out and "play" at firebird because there's to many bumps and not enough room. they should have been around when we did it at Tempe Diablo parking lot (the small one) or the shopping parking lot in Scottsdale! people are to gaurded about everything. they think if they tell people what they have done to there cars it will ruin everything. someone asks me a question i give them the answer straight forward. about my car, advise on what "i" think they should do, how to drive (i can think of some better people to ask then me for that one:)) this has all gotten way out of hand. everyone is taking themselves way to seriously.
i was talking to some of the "old" timers (including some of the origanal one's) and they agreed with me.
i'm still going to keep coming because it's a great time to spend with my dad who started me in this, before most of you who are reading this, were born....(1987 to be exact). i will also keep inviting new people out to try it. but for sure when they ask questions to people and they get shady answers or keep getting yelled at (saw that happen to a new guy in 2 events ago-told my dad "we wont see him again" and i haven't) these new people wont be coming back and the club will have to raise prices and suffer. i will also always tell people that this is a GREAT way for new drivers 16+ to learn how to handle there vehicles under extreme conditions that WILL happen in real life sooner or later.
well i think my soap box is startin g to break under all my hot air large weight. maybe i can get that "Frank-in-Honda" from 2390lbs to under 2000 if i diet.....naw i love nutter butters to much!! :)
hope everyone has a great week!
aaron

p.s.
Joser, i maybe coming next weekend to watch with my son. he loves race cars (note sure where he gets that from)
also hope your feelling better!
and what you told me about my roller....do it! sounds good. they break it they buy it though,
then you can come help me with mine
thanx!
aaron

90cb7
04-18-2011, 10:17 PM
I didn't realize how many Honda's came out until you put them in a list. Fucking sweet!!!:barf:

That course was set up great. Liked it better than the previous years. Those runs went by fast,but it was worth the money and working. Didn't expect all the gnats.

I wonder what azsolo's doing with the summer season events?

Agent Smith
04-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Aaron, I meant no disrespect in any way, merely that a simple car set up with a good, experienced driver produces great lap times. Britt did an awesome job out there!

Auto-x is the perfect environment for anyone at any age to learn car control and have fun pushing the limits safely!

SlowCivicHmm
04-18-2011, 11:07 PM
Thanks for coming out guys. Was a great event. Sorry I didn't get to meet more of you.

Results are here SoloResults (http://www.azsolo.com/cgi-bin/results.cgi)

Britts a beast for sure. Hopefully his cars ok. He had to leave before TO's with the car miss firing. Thanks Britt for letting me borrow the RE-11's. They really did well in the morning, it's to bad I didn't have a water sprayer to keep them cool in the afternoon.

Hope to see you guys at more events. :drive: The fall season is a great time for AutoX with the cool weather. :drive:

I'm such a noob....whats PAX time??

aaron
04-19-2011, 06:39 AM
I didn't realize how many Honda's came out until you put them in a list. Fucking sweet!!!:barf:

That course was set up great. Liked it better than the previous years. Those runs went by fast,but it was worth the money and working. Didn't expect all the gnats.

i was wondering the same thing....
i guess we'll find out soon. kinda to hot i would think....maybe time for road trips to flag for some solo2 racing?

i dont remember the exact deff of pax time but there is a formula to it.
its a time assigned to your cars class it runs in then its applied to your time making the pax time.
if that makes sence good.....then explain it back to me....:)
i'm sure theres something on www.azsolo.com (http://www.azsolo.com/) about it though.

p.s
did you read my last post Joser?
i put a note in there for you.....

civil
04-19-2011, 06:53 AM

Here's a detailed explanation of PAX PAX is a mystery (http://www.azsolo.com/car-classes-and-rules/pax-scoring-system/107)

Gotya meant nothing by my post though, Just wanted to show all the Honda's grouped and show how quick the driver's are.

From the looks of it. They are going to do a May Event at Firebird and then move it back up to Taylor,AZ for the next 3(?) Events until the Fall Season. It's just to hot down here for most driver's. I'm looking to go and play at Marana for the summer.

civil
04-19-2011, 07:02 AM
Photo's from the event.

AZsolo Photo's (http://azsolo.zenfolio.com/f198947342) - Special Thanks to Rob Rockefeller & Basha Vang

autox
04-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Wow, this thread got busy.
Yeah, it was way too hot to enjoy the whole day, I was whipped by the end.
Justin, when you register, you can request to do your T.O. runs in one of the earlier groups and then get out of their sooner. You can also, come a little later, inbetween groups B & C if you run in C or D, we have our later registration then.
Thanks for the nice comments Aaron, Justin & Stephen. Aaron - great to see you and your Dad doing this together.
Justins absolutely right about the weight. Colin Chapman of Lotus - " adding power makes the car faster on the straights, and adding lightness makes the car faster everywhere". Power to weight ratio matters less in solo than does weight. Work on setup and losing weight and you can't help but be faster.
As fas as a description of PAX. Stephen's link is cool. PAX actually has nothing to do with the SCCA itself though. When you go to a national event you only run against the cars in your class, however at smaller regional events there's usually not enough cars for all the classes. A guy in the Chicago area (Rick Ruth) gathers data from many regions and compiles a handicapping system that we use for comparing cars across classes. That is why we use PAX locally, to compare our driving to people in other classes. The PAX handicap factors change every year as people in all the classes make their cars faster, etc...
BTW, the cars OK. Got ahold of someone in Cal that knows a lot more about the D16's than I do. When running really high RPM's and in big long high G right turns D16 motors vacuum sucks up oil into the intake and fouls the plugs. Really didn't have a problem on course, just back in the grid area when at low RPM's it was having more trouble burning the oil off and would miss.
Thanks for coming out to one of our events. Hope to keep seeing all of you out there.

aaron
04-20-2011, 09:58 PM
dude, thats weird!
my cars check engine light came on right after the last turns on the course....
where is Taylor az?
good night
aaron

civil
04-21-2011, 08:02 AM
where is Taylor az?
aaron

Taylor, AZ is 20mins North of Show Low, AZ. We get the opportunity to use a great lot that Fire departments/Police Train on. Awesome weather and a relaxed weekend of AutoX. Runs Saturday and Sunday with plenty of time to drive back down into the valley on Sunday. I think they have it setup so you can pick just 1 day of AutoX, but it's really nice to just get out of the heat for the weekend and stay up there.

aaron
04-21-2011, 08:10 AM
oh man that sounds great!
when do they start that?
and is that on the azsolo web site as well?
thanx
aaron

civil
04-21-2011, 09:30 AM
oh man that sounds great!
when do they start that?
and is that on the azsolo web site as well?
thanx
aaron

Summer Series

Event #1: Sunday, June 12

Event #2: Saturday July 16 - Sunday July 17, Taylor

Event #3: Saturday August 6 - Sunday August 7, Taylor

They're not showing a location for the 1st event in the summer... So I'm not sure on that one. But here is a link to one of last years events up there. TaylorAutoX (http://www.azsolo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9942)

OLDSKOOLTUNERZ
04-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Next azsolo autocross event is may 1st :)

aaron
04-24-2011, 12:02 PM
yeah thats this coming weekend!!
hope it's not to hot! you know everyone is looking for those early run groups :)
i predict the turn out to be fair...
i hope more Honda's show up.
we really need to plan out an event in the future that a whole crap load come out from the site!
maybe even work out a price discount if we get over a certain amount to show...
aaron

Agent Smith
04-25-2011, 10:12 AM
I won't be there this weekend
I might consider one of the taylor summer events, or fall once it cools down a bit.

aaron
04-25-2011, 06:16 PM
i (aaron) will be there this weekend.
my dad (Doug) will be there but may not be running due to the heat and heath issues
i haven't even had a chance to un pack the "Frank-in-Honda" from the last event! :)
maybe thats a good thing though right?
hope to see some people there. i know it's going to be pretty low turn out i think.
maybe more runs then....?!! :)
have a great week!
aaron

p.s
Joser please call me!
i dont have your # due to lossing me phone! :(
i did see you on Saturday at Firebird. my son and i were there watching the big trucks and then the run group with that insanely fast vett in it!
call me please
aaron