PDA

View Full Version : gsr build but still run a pump gas.

S!K TEG
03-31-2011, 06:35 PM
i'll be picking out a bare bottom end and build it up from the ground up. my question is..
1) I was told p30 pistons in a gsr with upgraded cams and gears in a b16 head will give me about 12.3:1 cr .is it true?

2) whats the a good pistons to give me the highest CR but still run on pump gas (91 octance is fine)

3) what rods do i use? o plan on keeping gsr crank just balanced

my plans:
Engine: bore and hone a gsr block (bore 81.25mm).
Pistons: p30
Head: b16b/ c5
crower valve train
skunk 2 cams and gears
arp bolts
head gasket: oem b16

everything is going to b port n polished
thanks

Dead Bird
03-31-2011, 09:26 PM
For oem pistons, match the rods with whatever crank you're using. GSR crank, GSR rods.
JDM b16 (p30) and JDM ITR (p73-x0(can't remember which letter is which)) will both yield great compression.
Which cams?
Because if you want to get the Pro3's, I'd say get the PCT(b16b) pistons. Gonna give you the highest possible with oem b-series to my knowledge.

Also don't spend the extra money on a type R head vs. any regular b16 head. The only differences are the valvetrain, and the hand port on the intake side. Since you're getting port/polish, and replacing valvetrain, try to pick up a bare b16a head in good condition. You'll be happy. Don't forget ARP Head Studs too.

MarkyMonroe
04-08-2011, 02:23 PM
bumppp

FranktheTank
04-08-2011, 02:38 PM
congrats on gettin that post count up!^^
no go sell some shit

gunsup0331
04-08-2011, 04:27 PM
For oem pistons, match the rods with whatever crank you're using. GSR crank, GSR rods.
JDM b16 (p30) and JDM ITR (p73-x0(can't remember which letter is which)) will both yield great compression.
Which cams?
Because if you want to get the Pro3's, I'd say get the PCT(b16b) pistons. Gonna give you the highest possible with oem b-series to my knowledge.

Also don't spend the extra money on a type R head vs. any regular b16 head. The only differences are the valvetrain, and the hand port on the intake side. Since you're getting port/polish, and replacing valvetrain, try to pick up a bare b16a head in good condition. You'll be happy. Don't forget ARP Head Studs too.
This pretty much sums it up...who is doing your port and polish? Be sure to get before and after headflow numbers before wasting your money. Also, with compression over 11ish and big cams, I would strongly recommend getting a dyno tune by our friendly vendy Mr.Locash

congrats on gettin that post count up!^^
no go sell some shit
Dude he's been a member since 08 :smackself: