PDA

View Full Version : tow dolly or car trailer

highwhey
04-01-2011, 11:15 PM
i need to tow a car from monterey, ca to phoenix. does anyone have a tow dolly or car trailer they can let me borrow? i can pay you money. it's kind of a rushed situation so pm your number and details. i'll be heading over to uhaul in the morning but on the website i keep inputing my truck's details and the car i will be towing and it keeps telling me none of their products are recommended for this tow system. i have a 95' taco 4wd with a ball hitch, going to tow an s13 fastback. i've never really towed a vehicle so i'm not quite sure what's wrong here.

also, if it's a trust issue, i can come talk to you...i'm a nice person, a few guys can vouch for me on this site.

Nachooooosupreme
04-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Have you taken your truck to uhaul and see if the guys there can fit you something? It seems to me you're trying to make it all work via the webs but sometimes asking people face to face will give you a more clearer and legitimate answer. Good luck with your tow.
PS id recommend a trailer for that distance :)

highwhey
04-02-2011, 12:15 AM
Have you taken your truck to uhaul and see if the guys there can fit you something? It seems to me you're trying to make it all work via the webs but sometimes asking people face to face will give you a more clearer and legitimate answer. Good luck with your tow.
PS id recommend a trailer for that distance :)

Thanks..that's what I plan on doing. I didn't have the time Today. That's the first thin I'm going to do in the morning but I'm hoping someone can help me out if the guys over at uhaul aren't able to hook me up.

Honda4Life.
04-02-2011, 07:31 AM
Rear wheel drive car generally means your gonna need a flat bed to bring it back on. That's probably why your running into trouble on uhauls web site.

H22apower
04-02-2011, 09:27 AM
Awesome you are running a taco, I guess I have aaaaaa burro. Rent one on craigslist.

highwhey
04-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Awesome you are running a taco, I guess I have aaaaaa burro. Rent one on craigslist.
lol.

i decided to take a greyhound and drive the car back home. much, much cheaper on gas...just gotta transfer insurance over. if everything goes as planned (yeah right) i'll make a thread of the new ride. thanks guys.

Meat_Lovers_Pizza
04-02-2011, 11:17 AM
can you tow my prelude out of my garage, too? :D

H22apower
04-03-2011, 12:45 AM
lol.

i decided to take a greyhound and drive the car back home. much, much cheaper on gas...just gotta transfer insurance over. if everything goes as planned (yeah right) i'll make a thread of the new ride. thanks guys.

Nice that's the way it should! Nothing beats driving across state in a new car, you will get to know it better in little time. Be safe man.:wave1: