PDA

View Full Version : 94 Eg Coupe Hydrological Clutch Issues...

rawstyles
04-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Alright.. Well here's what's going on.

I just swapped my d16z6 with an lsvtec w/ys1 cable transmission. In order to keep the ys1 I used a Hasport cable to hydro conversion kit. Well here's where shit gets sour.. The hydro clutch system was fine when I last started the z6 (which was the day I started the swap; 6 days ago). But now that everything's in and ready to roll my clutch petal is to the floor. Obviously because I disconnected the hydrolic system, yada-yada.

Well when I go to bleed the clutch no air bubbles are coming out from the cylinder or slave cylinder but the clutch is not bouncing back to the neutral position. It's staying to the ground. Only after several pumps (by hand; to the ground & fully extended about 5-8 times) does it feel as tho its building up pressure in the hydrolic system & only then will it spring back from the ground. But only on the last pump. As soon as i press it in it goes all the way to the ground, and feels as tho there's no pressure.

Chris @ Hasport told me the bleeding & re-pressurizing of the clutch would be a ball buster but it's beginning to seem as tho there's a fault in my clutch system.

Possibilities:
1. There's a leak in the hydro system. (I've checked several times, from reservoir to slave cyl. attached to tranny.)
2. Bad slave cylinder (How come it worked on the z6 tranny 6 days ago?)

All advice is appreciated. But please, if you do reply, be detailed and specific..
None of that, "Oh, your thingy's broke, yo!"

Charlee
04-04-2011, 05:55 AM
. keep bleeding. or get a vacuum bleeder. its not that much line. do it like you do brakes. pump pump pump, brake the bleeder loose. repeat. any of your components were leaking you will see. i can see its probably your first time bleeding a completly drained system. at least hondas give some trouble at times.

insane
04-04-2011, 10:27 PM
nice easy way to bleed it put the wrench on the end of the bleeder valve, put a hose over the nipple, put the other end of the hose in a cup of brake fluid, open the valve, press and release the pedal 20 times or so. Close the valve, get back in press and release the pedal...it will get stiff.

chaosracing05
05-07-2011, 09:22 AM
keep bleeding, it is an easy process also make sure that everything is hooked back up right. i even like to adjust my master cylinder nut when i do any swap of tranny or clutch.

Dead Bird
05-10-2011, 10:43 PM
again with that word?