PDA

View Full Version : carrying around dumb baby weight!

hope-18
04-03-2011, 10:21 AM
So I started exercising again going up a mountain early in the morning and eating okay.. like 3 quarters of the time healthy! but its so hard to take off the dam baby weight! seriously I use to be fat but lost all my weight and became thin in swim and basketball but then i became pregnant! lol.. I'm thinking of doing the mountain workout every morning and then insanity on weekends! any tips!?? or motivation! lol

Atomic-Orange-Turbo-Sloth
04-03-2011, 10:59 AM
So I started exercising again going up a mountain early in the morning and eating okay.. like 3 quarters of the time healthy! but its so hard to take off the dam baby weight! seriously I use to be fat but lost all my weight and became thin in swim and basketball but then i became pregnant! lol.. I'm thinking of doing the mountain workout every morning and then insanity on weekends! any tips!?? or motivation! lol
yes, post more

it will help with weight loss

javio24
04-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Hi, welcome to the forum. Although it is a car forum some on here still hit the weights and like to stay fit.

If you had a C-Section I'd consult your Dr. on working out, If you OG and delivered vaginal then you should be ok.. regardless ive heard that it takes about 1yr to fully recover from a pregnancy. (yikes)

This of course assuming that you just had a baby recently...

If not carry on and start here.

Id recommend with a just starting to eat better, Diets are a lifestyle change. Its hard to cut cold turkey and go to small portioned meals thru the day and fighting the urges to eat whenever whatever you want.

Breakfast is EXTREMELY important. Normally it needs to be eaten 30-60 minutes of waking up, the best tip of advice I can offer that is proven to work is to do some cardio before breakfast. If your hiking/runnin the mountains that is perfect, your on the right track, now just do it before breakfast and youll be set.

After your workout/hike/run make sure to eat a good breakfast, if you get home and stuff your face with pancakes/waffles tons of butter and syrup with some sausage/bacon or stuff in that nature then your workout was worthless and you just minus have stayed in bed.

Do you Have a goal? A goal is good to have. Short term, Long term. Whatever it is. have one. Some examples are...

Say your 5'6 and weigh 170lb right now, and cant even run half a mile without stopping to walk.

Short term goal would be, ok in 2 weeks I want to run half a mile straight at 5.0 speed on a trend mil.

Long term would be, by July 3 (3 months from now) I want to be 140 (btw very achievable) and running a 7 min mile at 9.0 on a trend mill (awesome btw).

Do you eat out much? If so stop. Its bad, nothing more to it.

Can you cook? (assuming you dont need a "HOW TO" on boiling water lol) It's relitively straight forward. Your going to want to eat lots of chicken, fish, pork and lean red meat, veggies and good carbs. Your gonna want to grill or boil it. No frying food... BAD.

When you go shopping make a list and dont go on empty stomach, You are more prone to giving into the junk food when your hungry than when you are full.

Also, stay away from the center of the store (the aisles) all the things that you need are on the "outside ring".

If you must, get canned veggies/carbs (i do it). Frozen would be next in line and Fresh being the best.

Do you keep track of what you eat everyday? You should. www.livestrong.com/myplate is a great site and free, has a fitness tracker and calorie/food consumed tracker that breaks it down for you and other extras. If you start seeing what you eat on paper, I guarantee you will be more conscious of what your putting in your mouth.

Heres an example of mine and and what you get to track and see:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/javio24/Random%20Pics/ex1.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/javio24/Random%20Pics/ex2.jpg

Keep in mind that I am a Male at 6'0 weighing in at 217. I have done similar meal plans as you see above combined with working out 6 times a week 4 weight/ab days and 2 cardio days... I dropped from 227 to 217 Since march 14th and to be honest, 80% of that was from the diet, the other 20% is from getting off my ass and staying motivated.

How long have you been working out? You already do something so thats good, but normally it takes 3-6 weeks to start seeing some changes.

Do you weight yourself? If so, Stop. Often times you can fluctuate in weight due to bloatedness and water retention (sodium plays a big role in this) and get discouraged and that increases your chances of you to quit working out/eating well because of "no change"

Instead of weighing yourself, measure yourself. Purchase a tape measure and measure the hips, waist, bust, biceps, calves, thighs. Keep track of that and check back weekly or Bi-Weekly.

Do you take any vitamins? If not start to take some, 1st thing in the morning. They can be found for cheap at Wal-Mart. One a Day Woman's is a good one.

Do you take fish oil pills? when you were pregnant, you were recommended to take them. Keep taking the recommended dosage. They are good for you and provide proper nutrients.

How many times you eat a day? Its normally suggested to eat 5-6 small meals a day of small portions, personally that can be hard and depending on your schedule sometimes impossible.

Ex would be:
Breakfast
Snack
Lunch
Snack
Dinner
Snack

Do you drink more than 64oz of water (8 8oz glasses/cups of water)? You should, rule of thumb is if you are thirsty you are already dehydrated. Stay hydrated and drink up.

These are all small things that impact your weight loss and will up your metabolism, remember you didnt put this weight on over night so you cant expect it to come off right away.

There's tons more things but it can be overwhelming to take it all in at once, my suggestion is research. Tons of info on the net all over.

Hope this helps a bit to kinda give you an idea and see what you need to do to lose the weight you want.

Any other questions feel free to ask, Ill subscribe to this thread and see whats up.

Stay motivated and push yourself. Remember if this was EASY, there would be a ton more people in shape.

Its not easy, but it will get better with time.

Good Luck.

The God Damn Batman
04-04-2011, 12:00 PM
bro.. You gave some very good info. Props.. Im actually going to pass that along to the wife because she had 2 kids within a 2 year time frame one vaginally and the other cs, and looking for some info.

javio24
04-04-2011, 12:07 PM
bro.. You gave some very good info. Props.. Im actually going to pass that along to the wife because she had 2 kids within a 2 year time frame one vaginally and the other cs, and looking for some info.

Thanks man, these are small things that hep out tons.

AS a "rookie" the most common mistakes made are overwhelming yourself with shit to do, Dont.

I consider myself a rookie as well and those are all the steps that I been taking to break the bad habits and get myself into a better shape and health.

Just take it one day at a time and itll get easier and easier as you get more and more accustomed to the changes and it becomes more "natural" as opposed to routine or feeling forced/obligated to do it.

Im turning 25 in a couple days, I played Baseball in High School so there was a lot of running and core training combined with weights, and was 175 then, never actually was "defined" or "chizzeled" but I was slim.

I hit a high of 250 and dropped it to 220, fluctuated up and down as I was "satisfied" till recently I got fed of the gut and this time I'm on a long term mission to lose it and stay committed to this lifestyle for years to come.

feel free to ask, I by no means know it all and Im not the "most fit" but I'm on the quest there and one day I'll be content.

I research daily and try shit out as I go, take bits and pieces from here and there and modify them to how they WORK for ME.

If it works I stick with it, if not I kick it and keep learning.

j-dizzle
04-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Spin class! lol i tell alot of girls to hit up something like a spin class, entry boxing/kickboxing classes. things like that are always good if you have trouble deiting!

hope-18
04-04-2011, 06:19 PM
wat the hell is spin class!!!!!!! lmao

bb4arson
04-04-2011, 07:42 PM
eat right nuff said.

die in a dick fire noob
04-06-2011, 02:03 PM
spin class is a bicycle class where a bunch of broads ride stationary bikes.

i would just do insanity period, the reason it works is the high intensity long intervals. doing it 2 times a week would be against the purpose.

javio24
04-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Any updates OP?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

hope-18
04-12-2011, 11:35 PM
lol. no not really I stopped working out for like four freak en days! but i had an excuse I was doing a tour kinda think on two of those days! good news is I started going up again like middle of last week and have been going till today! just a matter of keeping it that way! so I'm trying to push myself to actually step up and do insanity in the morning then walking up the hill in the evenings! that would be beautiful! I'm just figuring if I can commit to going up the hill every evening I can commit to insanity in the mornings! Just have to start by doing one first or else I will just set myself up for failure!!

javio24
04-13-2011, 07:07 AM
lol. no not really I stopped working out for like four freak en days! but i had an excuse I was doing a tour kinda think on two of those days! good news is I started going up again like middle of last week and have been going till today! just a matter of keeping it that way! so I'm trying to push myself to actually step up and do insanity in the morning then walking up the hill in the evenings! that would be beautiful! I'm just figuring if I can commit to going up the hill every evening I can commit to insanity in the mornings! Just have to start by doing one first or else I will just set myself up for failure!!

My suggestion would be do what you can and everyday pass the point on insanity/on the hill that you did the previous day.

There's nothing more rewarding than seeing that you are inproving daily even if it is a couple minutes more...

Stay motivated and commited and you'll start seeing results, If you can get a workout partner and push each other, or if your like me and like to workout alone then push yourself, but no your limits. No sense in hurting yourself if its going to sit you on the sidelines.

There's no shame in not being able to do it your 1st try. Its in the comfort of your home (insanity) and well to be honest you wont be cheating any out but yourself if you half ass it.

Dont worry on the not working out for 4 days, I'm on the same boat, lifted last Thursday and then went Friday, sat and sun without lifting. Did my workout Monday and took the day off yesterday. Ill be back at the gym today though. :)

I haven't been eating right at all and been feeling like shit (hmmmmmm coincidence?) guess my body got used to being fed all the healthy stuff that when I stuffed my face with the "good" things in life it panicked.

Needless to say the work schedule has changed and I need to find a new work out to suit my Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat and Sun work schedule (thats usually when I go to the gym; right after work because if I wait I get lazy and wont go and on days off I have my son with me so I tend to not worry bout the gym.)

GL and keep us updated on the progress...

-Javi

hope-18
04-13-2011, 01:57 PM
i know i haven't been eating that great either!! I can tell because after I'm done eating whatever I just ate I become tired! so I'm totally on that same boat as you!!!!!! lol!! and then Ive notice that I stuff my face to try staying awake for the baby but reality it makes me more tired and I feel more shitty!! lol...but I'm starting good again my mom offered me a soda iccee last night and i refused!! lmao and i love those things!!

hope-18
04-14-2011, 11:43 PM
so I'm going to start Sensa because I have to large of portion sizes when I eat! see how that works out! but all in all I've been committed to going up mountain everyday in the evening! :)

javio24
04-15-2011, 06:32 AM
so I'm going to start Sensa because I have to large of portion sizes when I eat! see how that works out! but all in all I've been committed to going up mountain everyday in the evening! :)

If eating is your biggest thing then no worries, Work on smaller portions (normally the size of your palm, NOT your hand :) )

remember to add veggies and carbs (good carbs)... stay away from white (anything thats white such as bread, pasta, rice etc..) You can have bread, pasta and rice (aka complex carbs because they take a bit longer to burn but are also used as fuel for working out) but aim for whole grain, not so much wheat.

hope-18
04-20-2011, 01:26 PM
okay so I have been working out! I missed Friday! lol and I don't really go weekends up the hill!!I went Monday but not Tuesday cuz it was my b-day! lol... I think I'm already seeing a difference in my body! I have been eating pretty healthy and no soda! :)

THE Slow 5.oh?
04-20-2011, 08:28 PM
wanna see a big difference?:biggrin:

I'll give you the work out of your life an its insprational too...lol j/k good luck ditching the weight..

hope-18
06-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Dang feeling good watching wat I eat and working out and starting to lose some weight slowly!! :)

Rufus
06-27-2011, 02:58 PM
poop moaR?

bb4arson
06-27-2011, 05:17 PM
dang feeling good watching wat i eat and working out and starting to lose some weight slowly!! :)

pics or gtfo

BB6 SwAg
06-27-2011, 07:45 PM
calm down buddy ^ haha

drhonda09
06-27-2011, 09:46 PM
Javi - your write-up is amazing. All of what you mentioned has definitely changed my life ever since I came up with a new plan last year. I've been doing almost everything you've stated and have lost about 32lbs in a period of 6 mths. I'm not stopping there, this is definitely my new lifestyle that i'm commited to. It gets a bit tough at times but I know I can do it.

to the OP, good luck with everything.. if I can do it, you can too.

hope-18
06-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Yea I have one pic but I forgot how to make it my profile picuture thru my phone lol