PDA

View Full Version : Ls vtec

91_b16teg
04-13-2011, 12:20 PM
OK GUYS SO I JUST GOT DONE BUILDING MY LS VTEC IT IS A B18B1 BLOCK WITH A GSR HEAD.... BLOCK IS SEMI BUILT.... HAS ARP ROD BOLTS, RESIZED RODS, POLISHED CRANK, ALL NEW BEARINGS, NEW WATER PUMP AND OIL PUMP NEW PISTON RINGS. ALSO HAS ARP HEAD STUDS. ONLY THING I DID NOT CHANGE ARE THE STOCK PISTONS OR RODS. EVERYTHING ELSE IS STOCK (head) . BEING THIS SAID WOULD I BE ABLE TO BOOST BEING IT STOCK RODS AND PISTONS? AND IF SO HOW MUCH BOOST? JUST CURIOUS.

ALSO MY TRANNY SAYS S4 ON IT AND I AM NOT SURE WAT KIND OF TRANNY IT IS. WHEN I GOT IT, THE GUY SAID IT WAS A GSR BUT I HAVE SEEN ON FORUMS AND SEEMS LIKE ITS A B16 TRANNY. IF YOU COULD LET ME KNOW WAT IT IS, I WILL APPRECIATE IT MUCH!

JDM_ZACH
04-13-2011, 01:51 PM
OK GUYS SO I JUST GOT DONE BUILDING MY LS VTEC IT IS A B18B1 BLOCK WITH A GSR HEAD.... BLOCK IS SEMI BUILT.... HAS ARP ROD BOLTS, RESIZED RODS, POLISHED CRANK, ALL NEW BEARINGS, NEW WATER PUMP AND OIL PUMP NEW PISTON RINGS. ALSO HAS ARP HEAD STUDS. ONLY THING I DID NOT CHANGE ARE THE STOCK PISTONS OR RODS. EVERYTHING ELSE IS STOCK (head) . BEING THIS SAID WOULD I BE ABLE TO BOOST BEING IT STOCK RODS AND PISTONS? AND IF SO HOW MUCH BOOST? JUST CURIOUS.

ALSO MY TRANNY SAYS S4 ON IT AND I AM NOT SURE WAT KIND OF TRANNY IT IS. WHEN I GOT IT, THE GUY SAID IT WAS A GSR BUT I HAVE SEEN ON FORUMS AND SEEMS LIKE ITS A B16 TRANNY. IF YOU COULD LET ME KNOW WAT IT IS, I WILL APPRECIATE IT MUCH!

S4 is a b16 and you can boost on it just get tuned at locash.

91_b16teg
04-13-2011, 03:12 PM
B16 kool thx... And about how much boost ?

JDM_ZACH
04-14-2011, 11:43 AM
B16 kool thx... And about how much boost ?

I would talk to whoever is tuning it you would need to give more info as far as pumpgas daily driving it? What size turbo I wouldn't go over 10lbs

HEADSHOT
05-03-2011, 03:36 PM
I would talk to whoever is tuning it you would need to give more info as far as pumpgas daily driving it? What size turbo I wouldn't go over 10lbs
probly even less then that if ur gonna daily it.

95_B18b1_Teg
05-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Ls blocks are good for 9-12 lbs on a daily driver. I've seen them take 14 lbs of boost for a year safely with stock internals but I wouldn't try if ur not a risk taker lol the tune is everything, u get what u pay for. A lot of people on here can vouch for joe at locash, so he's ur best bet as far as a recommendation. You said u had RESIZED RODS, then u said u didn't change the rods or pistons ??? Dunno bout that. If it's a completely stock ls block with ls pistons, rods and crank with new main bearing and rod bearings and rings, u should be good for 9 or 10 safely, that should get u going and be a fun drive and a good street warrior with decent mpg

Mr.Burner
05-03-2011, 08:16 PM
depending on your turbo size, well be able to give you a better answer on how much boost to run. t3/t4 turbo 10-14psi if tuned well

D-BOY
05-13-2011, 06:31 PM

thats a b16 tranny . i have a gsr tranny that im down to trade if u want .

2point6
05-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Keep the B16 trans. Have it tuned by Locash. Depending on the turbo size, you will be limited to what your fuel system is capable of. We run 15+ lbs on stock engines that are daily driven, all the time. I don't see that this will be an issue for you as long as you get someone who can tune it right.

Just remember... if you are tuned to 18lbs, doesn't mean that you will always be making 18lbs of boost. Boost is relevent to throttle position. Most humans don't drive at wide open throttle everywhere they go. It's tempting, but realisticly you can't.

lil black Ek9
07-15-2011, 12:24 AM
2.0egsi laid down 21lbs on his stock ls bottom end.

Dead Bird
07-15-2011, 09:00 AM
2.0egsi laid down 21lbs on his stock ls bottom end.

lol kinda

HondaBoy[T]
07-22-2011, 02:56 AM
lol kinda

Explain?

Mr.Burner
07-22-2011, 04:58 PM
lol kinda

lol and probably on a tiny turbo... 21 lbs on a "real" turbo i doubt. And if it did im sure it didnt last long. I've seen so many motors in that car hahaha