PDA

View Full Version : Protein Shakes that Acutally Tastes GOOD!

EK|B
04-16-2011, 04:45 PM
VitaminWorld sells this protein power called Precision Engineered SYNTHAPHASE. They come in Vanilla, Strawberry Cream, and Chocolate and they taste really damn good.

To me it tastes like a Slim Fast shake, and it has like 24 grams of protein per scoop. It comes in a 2.91lb tub and costs like $30. The cool thing is that I get coupons in the mail for like 40-50% off so it comes to like $16 after tax.

Just wanted to share and see if you guys like it.

ARISTO
04-16-2011, 08:19 PM
in my opinion, syntha - 6 is the best tasting. Ive tried others and this is the best tasting. No nasty after taste.

j-dizzle
04-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Six star is cheap effective and doesn't taste 2 bad. But than again when it comes to taste I really don't care as long as it gets the job done!

F YouR K
04-17-2011, 12:52 PM
in my opinion, syntha - 6 is the best tasting. Ive tried others and this is the best tasting. No nasty after taste.

X2 syntha 6 has a really great taste

Viz
04-17-2011, 09:16 PM
ive never drank protein shakes....im always getting compliments about my body though...i havent really had time to work out for a few months and as soon as summer hits im getting back to it do protein shakes really help that much???

j-dizzle
04-17-2011, 10:00 PM
ive never drank protein shakes....im always getting compliments about my body though...i havent really had time to work out for a few months and as soon as summer hits im getting back to it do protein shakes really help that much???

for me its more of a recovery factor then anything else. also good to replace a snack when deiting. people will say that they get stupid gains from "whey" when really they are on a mass gainer that says whey somewhere on the front.

EK|B
04-17-2011, 10:07 PM
I don't have time to do breakfast so I have a protein shake, gets the job done and is way better than eating nothing.

Viz
04-17-2011, 10:09 PM
The recovery thing sounds right...I had this Guy who would always try to get me to buy protein shakes telling me how much more gain I would get and all this I didn't really believe him( always a bunch of BS from this Guy) so I never tried it

j-dizzle
04-17-2011, 10:16 PM
your not gonna get huge. i take it pre and post workout and it helps (in my eyes at least) speed recovery. another thing i like is when im on whey i build lean muscle.

The God Damn Batman
04-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Currently talking Cyntosport gainer, it taste great in chocolate flavor, Its made by Muscle Milk.

Spec C
04-18-2011, 11:36 AM
IMO the best tasting, and best ingredient profile out there is Trutein. They also have Isolate, casein, etc.
http://www.truscience.com/trutein.html

It isn't really the cheapest, but is very good, and made up of high quality protein.

Other then that I like the TeamSkip blend True Protein offers.

Whey is not really optimal for any time other then around workouts do to its absorption rate.

j-dizzle
04-18-2011, 11:42 AM
haha i didnt know people here knew about Trutein do they still have that homo on the home page or have they changed it?

edit: clicked link homo is still there!

The God Damn Batman
04-18-2011, 11:52 AM
haha i didnt know people here knew about Trutein do they still have that homo on the home page or have they changed it?

I think I saw that guy on that MTV show that the teens lose a bunch of weight. I forget the name.

Viz
04-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Aight sounds like ima try it when I start again

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
04-18-2011, 03:13 PM
i use Gold Standard, have had a few different ones and they taste good.

Spec C
04-18-2011, 08:21 PM

lol..

Queer aside, it is a solid product, with high quality protein sources, VS a lot of products that use inferior protein sources, and fillers.

Plus it is delicious.

j-dizzle
04-18-2011, 08:47 PM
I love the stuff when I can afford it lol

ejFliP
04-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Only thing I've tried is GNC Wheybolic 60.

Decently tasting, but then again it's the only one if tried.
Might check out that Trutein.

Just took a quick skim through the Trutein site, definitely sounds worth it..the triple blend sounds good with the Casein and Egg Whites.

WRX666
04-18-2011, 09:07 PM
i dont care if it taste like turds, if it gets me buffer than fuck im doing it

Lost Rager
04-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Whey vanilla!!!!

intel
04-18-2011, 09:25 PM
dymatize tastes fucking amazing imo.(avoid the vanilla)

JDM_ZACH
04-18-2011, 10:41 PM

Yeah syntha 6 is good shit. All bsn products are. But not enough calories in syntha for mass. Chocolate peanut butter is the best flavor imo.

bb4arson
04-19-2011, 03:32 AM
i use Gold Standard, have had a few different ones and they taste good.
same here
i dont care if it taste like turds, if it gets me buffer than fuck im doing it
agreed

but sometimes you want to treat your self to a good tasting .especially if your eating clean ...
thats if your on a cut of course

Acoba
04-21-2011, 01:28 AM
dymatize tastes fucking amazing imo.(avoid the vanilla)

dymatize ftw. butt... i bought 3 bottles of this one type of their product and it was absolutely amazing (forgot the name) and i switched to a different one, Gourmet flavor, and ugh.. horrible, everyone of their flavors... the vanilla used to be soooo good, like a milkshake, i need to get ahold of that specific product line again.

but i use it for pre and post workout for speedy recovery.. example, i just got to the gym after a month off, passed out after i came home from working out, i couldnt move any of my back/shoulder muscles at all for 4 days... so yea, lesson learned.

Ek-9
04-21-2011, 05:36 PM
I take Whey Protein and it does help with Muscle Recovery.

Just do not take it with Milk products. It will make you gain fat and get bigger fat wise.

I make fruit smoothies with juice/fruit and usually do about 30grams of whey before and after I work out.

Spec C
04-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Just do not take it with Milk products. It will make you gain fat and get bigger fat wise.

That is kind of a blanket statement.

I personally don't drink milk, for a multitude of reasons, and generally agree to avoid it, but one can certainly get away with drinking milk, as long as it is budgeted into your daily calories, and it agrees with you. I know plenty of people who drink milk, and are lean as shit.

Ek-9
04-22-2011, 10:55 AM
That is kind of a blanket statement.

I personally don't drink milk, for a multitude of reasons, and generally agree to avoid it, but one can certainly get away with drinking milk, as long as it is budgeted into your daily calories, and it agrees with you. I know plenty of people who drink milk, and are lean as shit.

Understandable, I gained fat weight while making Milkshakes with Whey.

But everyone in different. Maybe I was doing it the wrong way.

highwhey
04-22-2011, 11:00 AM
i second muscle milk, taste damn good.

Spec C
04-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Understandable, I gained fat weight while making Milkshakes with Whey.

But everyone in different. Maybe I was doing it the wrong way.
It just comes down to calories. You were ingesting too many calories.

Also if you were drinking whole milk, it has a good deal of fat.

Hard to say without knowing more about exactly what protein powder you were taking, how much milk per serving, per day, and the rest of your diet.

bb4arson
04-22-2011, 02:16 PM
^^I try to stay away from milk while I'm cutting but every now and than its tasty with a whye shake . If you have the budget to drink milk with your whey every single serving well that gets pretty pricy and your going to make plenty of trips to the market.

And to jdizzle you should try to take in your first serving of whey in the morning . Not as a pre work out . Just have something to eat an hour before gym time and post work out is fine.
I use tot do the same thing as you before but sometimes I would find it hard to time the whey perfect like sometimes I would drink it and than get stomach cramps if I tried to run.I don't know its worth a try. It helped me .

Spec C
08-08-2011, 06:52 PM
I am going to bump this, because after drinking it a few times now, I am going on the record as saying IMO this is the best tasting protein ever created..lol Solid formula too.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51lUvGtdyuL.jpg

1badLst
08-08-2011, 07:21 PM
BSN TRU-MASS for this meathead!!!

v8haha
08-22-2011, 03:53 PM
True Protein make your own blend add your flavor

http://www.trueprotein.com/custom_product.aspx