PDA

View Full Version : east mesa shops?

USDM_Boobies
04-20-2011, 07:05 AM
im working towards saving up for a k swap for my car and wasnt sure where i should post this but i was wondering if there are any shops in east mesa and what the going rate is for a k20a2 installed in a 03 em2 ? i will need everything to make the swap possible so if anyone has a ball park or knows a shop i can call pls let me know ty

edit i called around to some of the local shops on this forum and the swaps are pretty exspensive due to diff reasons. in socal where i lived for a long time a k swap could be done for around 5k much cheaper but then again the shops that i have called arnt like most shops in socal where they prob throw in a stolen k and stolen parts im guessing so i guess either build a cheap d17 or sell my em2 and buy a rsx-s if i want a k i will keep looking for now any help choosin a route to go would help options expertise on routes u have chosen and i will keep searching

hotwheelcivic
04-20-2011, 09:50 AM
k-swaps are over rated imo. i would love to have one in my car... but i am not going to spent the money on a motor and and getting it swapped when i could buy a better car!!!

i would built your motor that you have, or get another motor and build that one so you can still drive your car and than drop it in and go!

USDM_Boobies
04-29-2011, 12:54 PM
think i can have a decent turbo installed by a reputable shop for 3k or under

Hopeless EP3
04-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Import powerhouse
RCG
Tri Tech
UMS

you can go to Honda ;)

USDM_Boobies
04-29-2011, 05:45 PM
pm'd tritech 3 times so far no response import power house wants 6k i think when i talked to em

YuckerDisMe
05-04-2011, 09:05 AM
i wouldnt bother trying to build up the D17, its a waste of time and money.

If you are going to turbo it, depending on the amount of boost you want your most likely going to have to build up the motor a bit and that will be about the same price as a kswap. So your probably best just to get the rsx-s

SoJDM
05-09-2011, 02:48 PM
If you wanted to stick with the D17, you could easily break 200whp with stock internals. Even with the plastic intake manifold. Its all about the engine management.