PDA

View Full Version : NASA Honda Challenge

cbr900rr
04-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Is anybody here in the process of building a car for the NASA Honda Challenge? The classes appear to be very popular back east but I have yet to see anyone participating in it at the events I have been to here. I quit racing in the SCCA because of the fact there was nobody to race against unless you are in Spec Miata or Spec 7, and I don't want to be the only guy out there. I will probably just end up building a EK for the TTS time trial class.

BlueTeg
04-21-2011, 02:37 PM
It's not a very popular series (anymore) locally here in AZ.

The TT, or if you're interested in race group, the PT, series' are very popular though and typically average 4-7 competitors per class on any given weekend. At our most recent event in April I think most classes were closer to 5-10 participants.

Are you a recent 'zonie' transplant?

cbr900rr
04-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Are you a recent 'zonie' transplant?[/quote]

I have been around AZ now for 20 years or so but I have not been on a full size track for 10 years. Did a bunch of kart racing up at PKRA but I want to get back into a full size car. We were at the April event and I was really impressed, I need to build a car so I am looking for an EK hatch to have done by the end of summer to get out to the September event.

BlueTeg
04-22-2011, 12:00 AM
Right on.
If you have other questions or just want to check out the org a little more, you can go to nasaaz.com

Look forward to seeing you out an event sometime soon. :cool: