PDA

View Full Version : DC Training.

ejFliP
04-25-2011, 11:32 PM
So to start off..
I'm a noob.

Just begun reading up on this a few weeks ago, reading up on the theories and takes behind the program..

What confuses me is the "Rest Pause/1SET thing" anyone care to explain that?
Supposedly the whole SET should be 10-25 reps total..where as a regular routine would be 10-20 reps in 3 sets right?

I dunno maybe it's my lack of knowledge for the whole "rep/set thing" but if anyone would care to enlighten me go ahead.

I'll take anything from radical criticism to silly comments haha, just want to know how this works..so I can actually work at it.

Thanks.

Spec C
04-26-2011, 01:49 PM
What is your lifting experience? DC training is not intended for beginers, or novices. It is intended for someone who has already put on a solid base, through other forms of training.

First off the rep range is going to depend on the muscle group, and exercise. You will need to research further to figure out the correct rep ranges for each body part, and for certain movements. I am not going to type it all out. If you however put the effort in, and come back with specific questions, or type it out, I will check it over.

For instance. Incline Smith bench press will be done 11-15rp, while Incline db presses should be done in the 15-30rp range. ( Dumbell pressing movements are done in a higher rep range, as if you go to low, you wont even be able to get them into position).

As for the rest pause thing. It is simple. It is one set that consists of 3 "mini sets".

Lets take incline smith bench press for example with a weight of 225.

You warm up to your working weight, which may look something like this:

135 x 12, 185 x 8, 225 x 1

Now your rest paused set begins. You will basically go to falure, rack the weight, take 10-15 DEEEEP breaths, go again to failure, rack the weight and take 10-15 DEEP breaths, go again till failure...DONE.

So it may look something like this.
225 x 8 x 4 x 2= 14rp

Now the next time you hit this exercise(2 weeks) you will want to increase the weight, or beat the reps, or BOTH.

You need to focus on constant progression.

Here is a good video of what your sets should look like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5eip56f2Fg

The God Damn Batman
04-27-2011, 03:07 PM
This is what an informative answer should look like. Thanks, this helped me a bit as well.

gsr
04-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Word

Spec C
04-27-2011, 06:11 PM
No problem. I have done DC training for the better part of 5 years, and was taught the program by someone who was trained by DC, so I have a decent understanding of it.

www.intensemuscle.com is where you want to get your info from. There is a lot of bad DC info out there, and people bastardizing the program. I recommend if you are going to do it, first and foremost DO IT AS DANTE LAYS IT OUT. Too many people look at the program, then start changing things right off the bat, without even trying it.

Secondly make sure you understand everything, and are doing it correctly. Nothing worse then wasting a few months thinking you are doing something correctly, wondering why you aren't getting the desired results, and find out you are not doing it correctly.