PDA

View Full Version : Initial D Fans

Th3 Mugen
04-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Any Initial D fans on here? Mid way through the Anime series, and seen the Movie. Anybody else watch any of this yet.

91hybridaccord
04-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Any Initial D fans on here? Mid way through the Anime series, and seen the Movie. Anybody else watch any of this yet.

HUGE initialD fan here...I own all the series from first stage to fourth stage-part two...and seen the corny funny ass movie...I love it all...

just waiting for stage 5 of project D or something new...

Th3 Mugen
04-28-2011, 09:19 PM
I just finished the Stage where he beats the Turbo'd AE86. (Can't remember, im watching this all off Netlix on my Xbox) I hope they make a stage 5. This show is way to addicting to end at a Fourth Stage. I NEED MORE TOFO. Oh Hey Takumi do you deliver down Mt.Lemon? haha

91hybridaccord
04-28-2011, 09:40 PM
I just finished the Stage where he beats the Turbo'd AE86. (Can't remember, im watching this all off Netlix on my Xbox) I hope they make a stage 5. This show is way to addicting to end at a Fourth Stage. I NEED MORE TOFO. Oh Hey Takumi do you deliver down Mt.Lemon? haha

since I was in the 7th grade...duh....lol

Dead Bird
04-28-2011, 09:46 PM
best evar

Th3 Mugen
04-28-2011, 09:55 PM
Now if only i could get both Version of his Ae86 (Standard 4age, and the TRD Group A 4age that reved to 12k). Then i could live happy :D

91hybridaccord
04-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Now if only i could get both Version of his Ae86 (Standard 4age, and the TRD Group A 4age that reved to 12k). Then i could live happy :D

I agree...I'm not a huge Toyota fan, i mean we used to have a supra turbo '95, but it kinda sucked as a car...the handling was crap, and if you drove with the windows down, you'd die of carbon monoxide poisoning lol...but the ae86 Trueno TRD group A would most definitely be something else...

Check dis...Not Group A though...

http://www.carontrack.com/toyota/trueno/001.shtml ....me likey...

lx96tegg
04-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Already watch all even the movie on netflix and I like it!

Th3 Mugen
04-30-2011, 01:52 PM
I agree...I'm not a huge Toyota fan, i mean we used to have a supra turbo '95, but it kinda sucked as a car...the handling was crap, and if you drove with the windows down, you'd die of carbon monoxide poisoning lol...but the ae86 Trueno TRD group A would most definitely be something else...

Check dis...Not Group A though...

http://www.carontrack.com/toyota/trueno/001.shtml ....me likey...

I want it!. There was a real clean Ae86 on craigslist a few months ago for 4500 and it was immaculate. White Panda paint, black rims,Red interior that was just finished being re-done. Real Clean Ae86, but i just didnt have the money at the time. Wish i got it though. Whoever got it must be one happy person

Dead Bird
05-02-2011, 01:20 PM
That thing was extremely overpriced. IDC what you say

Th3 Mugen
05-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Alright so i don't know if this happened to anyone else but on Stage 4: Part 1. Episode 6. the Vanishing pass, and Takumi driving with his headlights off blew my mind.

LoooseGSR
05-02-2011, 10:32 PM
it's all on Netflix instant view now...

honduh_head
05-02-2011, 10:43 PM
loved the show, watched all the episodes... i have the movie as well... one of these days i'm gonna get it on blue ray

Dead Bird
05-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Alright so i don't know if this happened to anyone else but on Stage 4: Part 1. Episode 6. the Vanishing pass, and Takumi driving with his headlights off blew my mind.

mmmmm why?

Domada_Race
05-03-2011, 10:44 AM
wangan midnight is so much better the Intial D!!!!!!

91hybridaccord
05-03-2011, 03:56 PM
I personally like initial D much better...and yeah driving with the lights off is Takumi's secret trick for all the races he doesn't stand a chance at winning...its like his signature move...

Th3 Mugen
05-03-2011, 07:25 PM
mmmmm why?
The fact that he is driving down a mountain pass with his headlights off and navigating based off his opponents headlights and memory is just plain amazing. Even though it's just anime, the idea of doing that is amazing ( or maybe im just easily impressed, lol) . I wish i had his technique, and ability to adapt to any situation.

Dead Bird
05-03-2011, 11:02 PM
The fact that he is driving down a mountain pass with his headlights off and navigating based off his opponents headlights and memory is just plain amazing. Even though it's just anime, the idea of doing that is amazing ( or maybe im just easily impressed, lol) . I wish i had his technique, and ability to adapt to any situation.

you obviously have never done it before.

n0ob

ReyEG2
05-04-2011, 01:40 AM
and a real hardcore Initial D's fan must have PS3 Initital D: Extreme Stage game ;)

Domada_Race
05-04-2011, 11:18 AM
have you guys watch wangan midnight?

91hybridaccord
05-04-2011, 02:10 PM
have you guys watch wangan midnight?

Initial D is still better...it takes skill to go around corners...doesn't take much to go in a straight line...don't get me wrong Wangan Midnight is alright...the story line reminds me of Christine, with the car being a cursed ghost and all...I find it crazy that Takumi's voice is in both cartoons...

INITIAL D STILL FTW...

CORNERS>STRAIGHTAWAYS all day...

Domada_Race
05-04-2011, 02:13 PM
yea but trust me it still takes skills to do highway racing!!!!!!!!

91hybridaccord
05-04-2011, 02:51 PM
yea but trust me it still takes skills to do highway racing!!!!!!!!

I agree...although its probably one of the most dangerous and stupid things possible since you're at such high speed...i've done it before in my BMW racing my friends GLI between Tucson and Phoenix, for about 30 miles straight...the end result?!? A bad ass ticket from hwy patrol...getting clocked at 155mph is no bueno...luckily a chick I was dating, her dad was hwy patrol and just happened to be someone that the patrol that pulled me over had a decent friendship with, and someone he trained, or else I would have been locked up...I will never do that again...

I do hit the mountain up occasionally...turns are much funner anyhow...I do agree with you though, it does take skill to do such racing...but man, its just plain dangerous..I realize though you're talking about a cartoon...but if I had to choose between both, id really still go with initialD...there's just more to it...more cars, more passes, different techniques, and better skill...and I think the story line is better...WM is kinda repetitive, you can kinda guess whats gonna happen....Takumi isn't so close minded, although he isn't the sharpest tool in the box either when it comes to knowledge of cars...I suppose that's where these cartoons differ...Takumi's ability to adapt to any situation mos def gets me every time...the way he pulls out his wins...makes me want to watch more...both cartoons are pretty addictive though...like crack...lol :retard:

trusohc
05-04-2011, 04:57 PM
its a cool cartoon
one of the guys from work who watches it sayd that it was made up by an actual racer. anyone know if thats true? that thats where they get mst of the knowledge for the cartoon id form that guy

Th3 Mugen
05-04-2011, 06:45 PM
you obviously have never done it before. n0ob
Yea i have never done it before and i am a noob. You gotta start out somewhere. I'm actually looking to buy a Integra or a 240sx and start doing Autocross or Track Racing. The sport is just so interesting, i want to try to.It does take some kind of skill to do drag racing/Highway racing, but i like the more technical parts of Circuit Racing and Autocross. Take more concentration and footwork to dominate.

its a cool cartoon
one of the guys from work who watches it sayd that it was made up by an actual racer. anyone know if thats true? that thats where they get mst of the knowledge for the cartoon id form that guy
Although some of the names of the locations the characters race in have been fictionalized, all of the locations in the series are based on actual locations in Japan. I don't know if they did base it off a racer but if they did it would have to be based off of someone it would probably be based off of Keiichi Tsuchiya. Not his life, but his Technique and skill.

Th3 Mugen
05-04-2011, 06:47 PM
i do agree with you though, it does take skill to do such racing...but man, its just plain dangerous..i realize though you're talking about a cartoon...but if i had to choose between both, id really still go with initiald...there's just more to it...more cars, more passes, different techniques, and better skill...and i think the story line is better...wm is kinda repetitive, you can kinda guess whats gonna happen....takumi isn't so close minded, although he isn't the sharpest tool in the box either when it comes to knowledge of cars...i suppose that's where these cartoons differ...takumi's ability to adapt to any situation mos def gets me every time...the way he pulls out his wins...makes me want to watch more...both cartoons are pretty addictive though...like crack...lol :retard:
x2 ^

4dreg8
05-06-2011, 12:23 AM
its a cool cartoon

the producer of the show is KEIICHI TSUCHIYA most people know him as the DRIFT KING from either the show BEST MOTORING or his awsome guide to drifting called DRIFT BIBLE wich i own:biggrin:
the knowledge part comes form KEIICHI TSUCHIYA again since his signature drift technique is called BRAKING DRIFT wich is wat TAK on the show mostly uses.....
and i think either on the stage 1 wen he is gonna race AKAGIS WHITE COMET, TAK'S dad gets a call from TSUCHIYA lol and he also shows up on posters and dvd's randomly thru out stage 4 damm ive probably watch every episode like 20 times since the show first hit you tube and came out years ago

king06
05-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Seen it all cause i has it all, all.

91hybridaccord
05-09-2011, 08:37 PM
the producer of the show is KEIICHI TSUCHIYA most people know him as the DRIFT KING from either the show BEST MOTORING or his awsome guide to drifting called DRIFT BIBLE wich i own:biggrin:
the knowledge part comes form KEIICHI TSUCHIYA again since his signature drift technique is called BRAKING DRIFT wich is wat TAK on the show mostly uses.....
and i think either on the stage 1 wen he is gonna race AKAGIS WHITE COMET, TAK'S dad gets a call from TSUCHIYA lol and he also shows up on posters and dvd's randomly thru out stage 4 damm ive probably watch every episode like 20 times since the show first hit you tube and came out years ago

You'd be very right! Good explanation...