PDA

View Full Version : new supplement cycle good/bad?

j-dizzle
05-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Ok now besides whey and casein this is gonna be my first real cycle of supplements since my stroke. Now after doing my research I think I have found what im going to order just want some thoughts from you guys.

Gonna be starting with:
L-Carnitine 1500mg twice a day
CLA Fuel three times a day
Micronized Creatine after workout

Plus my wheys

Anything else I should look into? The L-Carnitine and CLA is to kill some of the fat that has built up since I have been mostly sitting on my ass the last 2 months. Also on a side note trying to stay away from caffeine products.

Spec C
05-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Ok now besides whey and casein this is gonna be my first real cycle of supplements since my stroke. Now after doing my research I think I have found what im going to order just want some thoughts from you guys.

Gonna be starting with:
L-Carnitine 1500mg twice a day
CLA Fuel three times a day
Micronized Creatine after workout

Plus my wheys

Anything else I should look into? The L-Carnitine and CLA is to kill some of the fat that has built up since I have been mostly sitting on my ass the last 2 months. Also on a side note trying to stay away from caffeine products.
Im not a huge fan of CLA, but if I were to use it, I would use this version.
http://www.primordialperformance.com/store/bulk_cla_softgels.html

They also sell Creapure there, for a decent price.

BCAA's, specifically Leucine are a must IMO, especially when dieting.

j-dizzle
05-09-2011, 06:39 PM
What's creapure. Yes I know I could google but you tots mad knowledge spec.

j-dizzle
05-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Figured it out lol. Started looking on the site!

Spec C
05-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Yea, Creapure is just Creatine Monohydrate, but it is not some bulk powder from china. It is tested for heavy metals, and other contaminants(mercury, lead, arsenic, etc, etc), while most other products are not.

The supplement industry is shady, and a LARGE percentage of the raw materials come directly over from China, and are not tested for impurities. Any time you can get something that is lab tested, I would opt to do so.

Another instance of this is BCAA's. A lot of BCAA's are derived from human hair, over in China, and can contain god knows what.

But something such as Ajinomoto BCAA's are pharmeceutical grade.
http://www.primordialperformance.com/store/ibcaa.html

This place also sells Creapure for a good price, as well as BCAA's, and Protein(whey, Casein, blends, etc) that are backed by COA's( certificate of analysis).
http://www.musclefeast.com/Micronized-Creatine/

They are a solid company and I would definitely recommend them.

nelsmar
05-09-2011, 07:11 PM
L-Carnitine iirc won't travle your blood stream properly when you are cycling heavy on creatine, the creatine over rides and the L-Carnatine is just metabolized. I am trying to find an article but i cant remember where i saw it.

Spec C
05-09-2011, 08:01 PM
L-Carnitine iirc won't travle your blood stream properly when you are cycling heavy on creatine, the creatine over rides and the L-Carnatine is just metabolized. I am trying to find an article but i cant remember where i saw it.
I have actually heard that before as well. I never really looked into it enough to form my own opinion on it.

I know quite a few supplements contain ALCAR, and Creatine, but I am not sure if L-Car and ALCAR work via the same mechanisms.

I personally would stick with the Creatine, if you had to ditch one.

nelsmar
05-09-2011, 08:12 PM
I have actually heard that before as well. I never really looked into it enough to form my own opinion on it.

I know quite a few supplements contain ALCAR, and Creatine, but I am not sure if L-Car and ALCAR work via the same mechanisms.

I personally would stick with the Creatine, if you had to ditch one.

L-Car isn't that extremely popular these days except when people are trying to cut and going strict on diets etc. And even then its not THAT popular. Ide stick with creatine my self as well.

Spec C
05-09-2011, 08:29 PM
L-Car isn't that extremely popular these days except when people are trying to cut and going strict on diets etc. And even then its not THAT popular. Ide stick with creatine my self as well.
Yea, a lot of other carnitines have really stolen the show.
PLCAR, and GLPC seem to be the big ones these days.

I know this product is always getting rave reviews, and can barely stay instock. Iit utilizes PLCAR.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/genomyx/dcp-180-caps.html

j-dizzle
05-09-2011, 09:07 PM
So don't use the L-Carn and Creatine together.. that was my first plan!