PDA

View Full Version : Crank timing sprocket removal

lsvtecturbo
05-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Hey I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the timing sprocket that's on the crank so I can remove the oil pump. Figure u would use a pulled but I'm not sure if this is the correct process

THE Slow 5.oh?
05-13-2011, 04:00 PM
pulley pulley...

taketurns
05-22-2011, 12:46 AM
lmao, dont use a pulley puller. hopefullyl you have it off by now, but I usually just soak it in pb blaster and wiggle it off with a flathead or small prybar.

THE Slow 5.oh?
05-22-2011, 10:35 AM
^^why wouldnt you use a pulley puller? quick and easy....

gunsup0331
05-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Every single one I have done has slid right off in my hand. One I had give it one bop it with a mallet to jar it loose

Whiteman51x
05-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Every single one I have done has slid right off in my hand. One I had give it one bop it with a mallet to jar it loose

What he said lol
Ive never had one stuck before, were you able to get the bolt loose? i actually saw that checker now rents a tool to fit in the hexagon shape inside the crank pulley. That bolt can be a pain to get loose.

I have an air gun that will bust the bolt loose real fast if u wanna drive to me ill help u.

If the bolt is off and its just stuck then try penetrating lubricant, or wiggle it back n forth with your hands

99luder
05-22-2011, 09:37 PM
yup should slide right offf. i just did it on my h22a.. and it slid of in my hand no issues no prying on it.. no soaking just grab and pull

99luder
05-22-2011, 09:39 PM
and whiteman.. its called a bell socket.

taketurns
05-22-2011, 09:58 PM
What he said lol
Ive never had one stuck before, were you able to get the bolt loose? i actually saw that checker now rents a tool to fit in the hexagon shape inside the crank pulley. That bolt can be a pain to get loose.

I have an air gun that will bust the bolt loose real fast if u wanna drive to me ill help u.

If the bolt is off and its just stuck then try penetrating lubricant, or wiggle it back n forth with your hands

A crank timing sprocket is not a crank pulley.

Whiteman51x
05-22-2011, 09:59 PM
my fault, never knew it had a name, i always used an air gun haha, and i remember a long time ago lots of poeple had trouble finding them and just wanted to let people know i saw one at checker, thought it would help

and im sorry i misunderstood, he means the sprocket behind the pulley and cover that the t-belt splines on? that sucks haha i have no bright ideas on that one, cant really get a puller on it either :( and cant really get a good grip with your hand. id say penetrating oil and possibly a hammer? be gentle though and good luck