PDA

View Full Version : Insanity...

javio24
05-27-2011, 10:10 AM
How many of you are on the Beach Body Insanity band wagon?

I started Monday, let me tell you. This workout is NO JOKE, should definitely not be done by the noobs, unless of course you got the drive, determination and commitment to stick to it then have at it.

I started working out 3-15-11 weighed in at 227 lbs at 6' tall.

numbers are not great at all and are as follows:

Height/Age-6'/24 (turned 25 in april)
Weight- was 217.2 in Jan now at 227
Body Fat- was 23.30% now at 22.1%
BMI- 29.4%

Chest-45
Biceps-R-13.5/L-13.5
Waist-43
Hips-42.5
Thighs-R-23.5/L-22.5
Calves-R-16.5/L-16

measured up again a month later on 4-16-11

weight: 217 lbs
Waist-40
Bicep (right/flexed)-14
Thigh-22.5
Calf-16
Hips-41
Chest-43

Body fat: 21.3%
BMI: 29.4%

most recent weigh in with measurements 5-24-11

Weight- 211 lbs
Chest- 42.5"
Waist- 39.75"
Bicep (right/flexed)- 14.5"
Thigh- 22.8"
Calf-16.2"
Hips-41.9"

BF- 20.8%
BMI- 25.1%

Basically started off with running everyday 2 weeks then went into several weight routines.

I liked it and still do them combined with a good diet, splurging here and there (to stay sane :) )

The reason for this thread (searched didnt see one created) is for Insanity.

I started this on Monday 5-23-11, and I must say given that I had been working out for 3 months with 10 min cardio session (bringing my mile time from 12 min to 8 min in 3 months) before lifting on avg about 40-50 minutes, combined with hiking, mountain biking to and from gym on days I can (normally weekends) swimming and just general being active and not lazy...

This workout is intense and not for the weak of both mind and physique.

During the warm up, I was drenched in sweat. the workout itself is bout 25 min. Total video time is maybe 45 minutes on avg.

10min warm up
5 min stretch
25 min workout
5 min cool down/stretch

I did take some before pics, but those wont be posted till 60 days from my start date lol.

They promote to send in the before and after pics and you get a T-Shirt. Well I want that shirt and I want to have the "body" to show for it.

Any others on this bandwagon??

Feel free to post up tips and stories...

Spec C
05-27-2011, 10:33 AM
What method are you using to measure bodyfat?

Never heard of this "workout" any more info on it?

By the sound of it, I can wager what type of training it is.

javio24
05-27-2011, 10:47 AM
What method are you using to measure bodyfat?

Never heard of this "workout" any more info on it?

By the sound of it, I can wager what type of training it is.

I use this device:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/javio24/Random%20Pics/IMG_20110416_043610.jpg

Insanity is basically a HIIT (High intensity interval training) from what it seems its bout 2-3 minute sets of workouts with a 30 sec water break...

Your always moving and its all body weight. No weights like p90x.

Have you seen or done p90x? If so there is a video called plyometrics. Well this video is just like that for 60 days.

Intense, fast, and hard.

Spec C
05-27-2011, 11:12 AM
I use this device:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/javio24/Random%20Pics/IMG_20110416_043610.jpg

Insanity is basically a HIIT (High intensity interval training) from what it seems its bout 2-3 minute sets of workouts with a 30 sec water break...

Your always moving and its all body weight. No weights like p90x.

Have you seen or done p90x? If so there is a video called plyometrics. Well this video is just like that for 60 days.

Intense, fast, and hard.
Yea that is pretty much what I figured. As far as the workout.

No I have never done p90x or anything like it. Not my cup of tea, nor useful to my goals.

Good job on the progress though. Seems like you are making good gains.

Id like to get into a bod-pod or DEXA scan to get a good BF reading. Those impedance devices are fairly inaccurate and can be inconsistent. Although if you have one at home, and use it at the same time of day ie. morning after a piss, trying to minimize variations in hydration, etc, you may be able to at least get it to read somewhat consistent, which is good for tracking progress, even if it is off by +/- 10%.

javio24
05-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Yea that is pretty much what I figured. As far as the workout.

No I have never done p90x or anything like it. Not my cup of tea, nor useful to my goals.

Good job on the progress though. Seems like you are making good gains.

Id like to get into a bod-pod or DEXA scan to get a good BF reading. Those impedance devices are fairly inaccurate and can be inconsistent. Although if you have one at home, and use it at the same time of day ie. morning after a piss, trying to minimize variations in hydration, etc, you may be able to at least get it to read somewhat consistent, which is good for tracking progress, even if it is off by +/- 10%.

I agree...

These workouts aren't for every one and like you mention everyone has different goals.

My goals as of now are to get lean and show definition. When that is achieved I can add on mass and muscle.

There was a book I read, also avail on PDF.. called The Four Hour Body by Timothy Ferriss; http://www.fourhourbody.com/ . He researched the best way to obtain accurate BF readings.

I cant recall the name of the one that he said was the best of the best but it was rather pricey and its an overall body scan. Id have to look it up again.

Spec C
05-27-2011, 12:22 PM
I agree...

These workouts aren't for every one and like you mention everyone has different goals.

My goals as of now are to get lean and show definition. When that is achieved I can add on mass and muscle.

There was a book I read, also avail on PDF.. called The Four Hour Body by Timothy Ferriss; http://www.fourhourbody.com/ . He researched the best way to obtain accurate BF readings.

I cant recall the name of the one that he said was the best of the best but it was rather pricey and its an overall body scan. Id have to look it up again.
Bod pod, and dexa are both extremely accurate. Prices have come down considerably.
http://www.bodpod.com/

He may be refering to a Dexa scan.

Those HIIT cardio workouts will def lean you out.

die in a dick fire noob
05-27-2011, 01:53 PM
I looked into Insanity but what i find isn't that i get that tired from them but i feel like i'm going to throw up from all the plyo. I know i should stay hydrated but after i'd drink and then bounce around for several minutes i'd feel sick to my stomach. i do have a weak stomach though so maybe that's it.

j-dizzle
05-27-2011, 02:45 PM
I did like 2 weeks of this but its just like super cardio not really for me... great workout tho I was always tired after.

Cereal_Killer
05-27-2011, 05:29 PM
I have been doing Insanity for over a year. I currently have Insanity, and te newest asylum. I am asctually featured in the newest informercial with my results from the program. The best thing about them is that they work. It does exactly what its tailored to do as long as you follow them and the diet.

javio24
05-28-2011, 06:02 AM
Bod pod, and dexa are both extremely accurate. Prices have come down considerably.
http://www.bodpod.com/

He may be refering to a Dexa scan.

Those HIIT cardio workouts will def lean you out.

That sounds like it.

I looked into Insanity but what i find isn't that i get that tired from them but i feel like i'm going to throw up from all the plyo. I know i should stay hydrated but after i'd drink and then bounce around for several minutes i'd feel sick to my stomach. i do have a weak stomach though so maybe that's it.

Well your not supposed to slam a glass of water on your "break" its just to take a sip and get rid of the cotton mouth (if any).

I did like 2 weeks of this but its just like super cardio not really for me... great workout tho I was always tired after.

Like Spec C said, Its not for everyone. I like it, on day 5 and no complaints so far.

I have been doing Insanity for over a year. I currently have Insanity, and te newest asylum. I am asctually featured in the newest informercial with my results from the program. The best thing about them is that they work. It does exactly what its tailored to do as long as you follow them and the diet.

On the infomercial? really? link?

That's pretty awesome. I work out at the gym, then later on when the GF gets home we do Insanity.

I follow a decent diet, not using the ones they provide, although I should (just gets expensive) I use the outline to their meals (meal 1, meal 2 etc..)

Basically just eat chicken (grilled) or fish, with greens (broc, asparagus, green beans, etc...) and beans (black or red kidney), Ill have a burger from time to time with all the veggies no bun and to leafs of lettuce... thats when I dont bring lunch... Like today. :(

die in a dick fire noob
05-28-2011, 12:16 PM
obviously your not supposed to slam a glass of water, i didn't say that i did. i only told you why i didn't do it which i think is a valid reason.

good luck on your goals.

javio24
05-28-2011, 12:28 PM
obviously your not supposed to slam a glass of water, i didn't say that i did. i only told you why i didn't do it which i think is a valid reason.

good luck on your goals.

I think the 1/4 ninja from your dad side is what made this workout not for you.

:)

Thanks.

die in a dick fire noob
05-28-2011, 01:31 PM
yeah i really don't need to lean, i'm 6' 160 i need more muscle :)

ARISTO
05-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Been doing insanity for a long time now. I switch back and forth between p90x and insanity. These programs changed my life. I can tell you that even after doing this for over 9 months you still have to switch it up. I want the asylum but I'm waiting til someone is selling it on craigslist. Its 90 bucks for a one month program, I think that's a bit high.

javio24
05-29-2011, 05:41 AM
Been doing insanity for a long time now. I switch back and forth between p90x and insanity. These programs changed my life. I can tell you that even after doing this for over 9 months you still have to switch it up. I want the asylum but I'm waiting til someone is selling it on craigslist. Its 90 bucks for a one month program, I think that's a bit high.

Im really looking forward to see the results in these 60 days from insanity, lifting and all the extra activity combined with better eating habits will do for me.

Are you not able to locate it from "sources" on the internet?

ARISTO
05-29-2011, 11:38 AM
yes, beachbody.com sells it. Im just gonna wait til someone sells it on craigslist.

hellshock2182
05-31-2011, 05:25 PM
Just finished P90x and started insanity! Bring it!

Rob x3
06-29-2011, 09:40 AM
i quit the first night i did it... ish is hard

javio24
06-30-2011, 08:58 AM
i quit the first night i did it... ish is hard

ha ha yeah it is, that was just the fitness test too..

it gets harder in month 2

1badLst
06-30-2011, 02:05 PM
Theres a place here in town where you can get the dexscan for like 110. Well worth it!

Spec C
06-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Theres a place here in town where you can get the dexscan for like 110. Well worth it!
I would really like to get dexa or bod pod'd. I am curious of my BF right now.

Have you ever had the Dexa?

1badLst
06-30-2011, 05:18 PM
im doing it at the end of this bulk cycle, and then again when I cut

Spec C
06-30-2011, 05:38 PM
im doing it at the end of this bulk cycle, and then again when I cut
Sounds like a good plan. Let me know when you get your results.