PDA

View Full Version : Turbo setup sponsorship for racer

CTD-FAB
06-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Hey guys.

I have been wanting to get some real road racing data with one of my kits. Ideally the car to be sponsored should already be turbocharged and wanting to upgrade. This should allow me to get some good data. I have faith this kit can provide the overall best budget turbo powerband for the road race/street warrior. B or D series only right now, K coming soon

PM me if you are interested and have details of your car/setup/performance/goals

This would be the manifold

http://turbofx.net/176/the-honda-evolved/

http://turbofx.net/wp-content/themes/acquisto/timthumb.php?src=http://turbofx.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/BEVO_Manifold1.jpg&h=410&w=408

Thanks

yoDaddy
06-01-2011, 03:42 AM
something i might be interested in ill pm you!

crxhfb16
06-01-2011, 07:09 AM
I race and f series to bad.

CTD-FAB
06-01-2011, 07:45 AM
something i might be interested in ill pm you!

Sounds good!

I race and f series to bad.

I might be interested in working out a deal if the F20 placement can also be used for an H22. It would involve re-prototyping the whole setup though.

nelsmar
06-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Not often you see offers tossed around like this, BUMP someone take this!

Agent Smith
06-01-2011, 08:46 AM
pm'd. I'm making 340whp now, but I'd love a more solid powerband &/or more power...

BlueTeg
06-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Wow, great offer!! :thumbsup:

crxhfb16
06-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Sounds good!

I might be interested in working out a deal if the F20 placement can also be used for an H22. It would involve re-prototyping the whole setup though.

H22 and F20B share the same external dimensions and flanges. I currently have everything i need to go turbo with the exception of a manifold downpipe and IC piping. I'm not interested in making crazy power but reliable usable power.

mixedCRX
06-01-2011, 11:04 AM
awesome offer and its twin scroll that will help with spool coming out of a corner.

CTD-FAB
06-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Not often you see offers tossed around like this, BUMP someone take this!

Not often does a fabricator get the chance to witness real back to back testing and feedback!

pm'd. I'm making 340whp now, but I'd love a more solid powerband &/or more power...

Pm'd

Wow, great offer!! :thumbsup:

Gotta support the locals! And might as well try to show everyone something a little different at the same time.

H22 and F20B share the same external dimensions and flanges. I currently have everything i need to go turbo with the exception of a manifold downpipe and IC piping. I'm not interested in making crazy power but reliable usable power.

Hmmm, I might have another customer that is interested then. So do you already have a turbo?

awesome offer and its twin scroll that will help with spool coming out of a corner.

The spool time and transient response is amazing with this turbo! I also have a couple dyno sheets but they were using different manifolds, modified Dsm's i believe.

STOCK B18 with arps and cams, 200k miles on it, he ran 11.4s with it on 18psi (pump 91)

http://www.azht.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=57934&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1303590009

Here is a dyno of two Jeff Evans tuned stock GSR with evo9 turbo on just the gate (12psi) set-up overlayed with a 85x89mm b-series with a LHT intercooled JRSC at 9psi. The solid line is the turbo car and the dotted line is the SC.

http://www.azht.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=57758&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1302738863

Stock LS w/EVO 8 Turbo Boost Plot

http://turbofx.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/albert-boostplot.jpg

civic nerd
06-01-2011, 01:52 PM
As soon as my check comes, and you fab up the intercooler piping and mid pipe we can put the whole setup to the test. Im anxious to see what it can do for a B16.

eg6sirs
06-01-2011, 02:01 PM

sponsor this dude.. :you rock:...... no homo!.....lol

eg6sirs
06-01-2011, 02:06 PM
i'd love to put in my RHD EG6 as a guinea pig, to fab up a top mount turbo kit a/c compatible... damm!! u road racers suck!,,, lol ... id be willing to pay for material at least...

CTD-FAB
06-01-2011, 02:49 PM
As soon as my check comes, and you fab up the intercooler piping and mid pipe we can put the whole setup to the test. Im anxious to see what it can do for a B16.

Im excited! For the first time a B16 is going to have some torque, haha :drive:

i'd love to put in my RHD EG6 as a guinea pig, to fab up a top mount turbo kit a/c compatible... damm!! u road racers suck!,,, lol ... id be willing to pay for material at least...

I can build you whatever you like. Why topmount AC compatible? The main reason for this sponsorship is because road racers actually drive their cars and put quite a bit of stress on turbo components.

Full throttle for laps at a time not just 10 seconds in a straight line:you rock:

theAngryMarmot
06-01-2011, 06:34 PM
lemme know if you make a Metro race kit.

J/k ;)

Good stuff here.

eg6sirs
06-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Im excited! For the first time a B16 is going to have some torque, haha :drive:

I can build you whatever you like. Why topmount AC compatible? The main reason for this sponsorship is because road racers actually drive their cars and put quite a bit of stress on turbo components.

Full throttle for laps at a time not just 10 seconds in a straight line:you rock:

because i daily drive my civic. so i deff. need a/c.. i guess i can road race it. like i said i would pay for material. and cruise around with a big CTD-FAB decal on my cars....jus a thought..

topramn
06-01-2011, 07:39 PM
There is very few road racers on this forum that run a turbo setup. However, if you need confirmation of who actually races, I know I can vouch for anyone from NASA and Agent Smith or SlowCivicHmm can vouch for racers for ProAutoSports. So far, I have only seen a couple people post who actually meet the road race prerequisite.

Good luck!

CTD-FAB
06-02-2011, 11:35 AM
There is very few road racers on this forum that run a turbo setup. However, if you need confirmation of who actually races, I know I can vouch for anyone from NASA and Agent Smith or SlowCivicHmm can vouch for racers for ProAutoSports. So far, I have only seen a couple people post who actually meet the road race prerequisite.

Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up!

I might hit up the event this weekend at firebird and maybe the one on the 11th. I'd like to see what its all about and hopefully meet some of you guys. Now if i can just finish this batch of R35 GTR manifolds.....

mixedCRX
06-02-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm going to be at the june 11th event with slow and agentsmith.

civic nerd
06-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Ill be at FIR on Saturday as well. It would be cool to meet some of you guys...

BlueTeg
06-02-2011, 02:12 PM
I might hit up the event this weekend at firebird. I'd like to see what its all about and hopefully meet some of you guys.

Come on out. \m/
Just make sure you don't sleep too late, we're done at 10:30AM before it gets too hot. UMS Time Attack is on Sunday.

theAngryMarmot
06-02-2011, 06:17 PM
because i daily drive my civic. so i deff. need a/c.. i guess i can road race it. like i said i would pay for material. and cruise around with a big CTD-FAB decal on my cars....jus a thought..

I guess he can road race it.

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

boozebag
06-05-2011, 05:37 AM
Come on out. \m/
Just make sure you don't sleep too late, we're done at 10:30AM before it gets too hot. UMS Time Attack is on Sunday.

slap a turbo on this guy! He's already super charged so it would work just fine (obviously keep the super charger as well) siiick, run 11's! ATTACK TIME!!

jdm*life*style
06-05-2011, 10:19 AM
I have a k20 si with itbs I'm in the middle of building a top hat for the itbs so I can go boost pm a price on a mani please.

Atomic-Orange-Turbo-Sloth
06-05-2011, 10:52 AM
skeet skeet all over that manifold!

BlueTeg
06-05-2011, 03:11 PM
(obviously keep the super charger as well) siiick, run 11's! ATTACK TIME!!

RORz, LOL. Love it Jesse. :autored:

CTD-FAB
06-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Ended up missing last weekend. Work comes first. I should be able to make it out the the 12th though.

slap a turbo on this guy! He's already super charged so it would work just fine (obviously keep the super charger as well) siiick, run 11's! ATTACK TIME!!

Twincharged! haha, naw. I'm fully confident a properly designed twinscroll turbo setup can have nearly the same response but with more top end power than a Supercharger.

I have a k20 si with itbs I'm in the middle of building a top hat for the itbs so I can go boost pm a price on a mani please.

PM'd

skeet skeet all over that manifold!

Those are G-Fab welds on there!

Agent Smith
06-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Ended up missing last weekend. Work comes first. I should be able to make it out the the 12th though
You should come Saturday too, Firebird West is a more familiar track for everyone, and IMO a better course. I've only ran Bondurant in a shifter kart, so in a car it'll be a bit different.

GTABurnout
06-08-2011, 11:08 AM
I have a Stock LS Integra I have taken to track days. I usually use my Evo 9 but if you want to start with a mature driver and a stock power plant. I have the perfect car for you.

Let me know.

Hunter

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
06-08-2011, 07:01 PM
damn i wish my itr and car was ready.. Good luck and i hope you do end up making one for F/H

mixedCRX
06-10-2011, 06:11 PM
I have a Stock LS Integra I have taken to track days. I usually use my Evo 9 but if you want to start with a mature driver and a stock power plant. I have the perfect car for you.

Let me know.

Hunter

This guy is a true track whore!