PDA

View Full Version : Block Rebuilding

00' Integra
06-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Im looking to have my block rebuilt (oem) (buring oil like crazy and my comp. is shit ect.. Looking for a recommended shop in TUCSON to get this work done. Although ive seen a lot of great places in phx I cant make it that far and towing it is out of the question.
Thanks

95_B18b1_Teg
06-07-2011, 03:06 PM
collective
call scott @ (520) 296-2223
8150 East 22nd St # 110 Tucson, AZ 85710-8546
Open Weekdays 9am-6pm; Sat 10am-2pm

michalo187
06-08-2011, 09:50 PM
collective
call scott @ (520) 296-2223
8150 East 22nd St # 110 Tucson, AZ 85710-8546
Open Weekdays 9am-6pm; Sat 10am-2pm

x 2.... worth the time/money

Jason.AZ1
06-08-2011, 09:54 PM
x3.

2point6
06-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Thank you guys for the positive referals! :thumbsup:

taggart_lumpy
06-09-2011, 04:24 PM
http://multiply.com/mu/somersete/image/2:commentgraphics/photos/2190/1200x120/21/GoodPosting1.gif?et=8Ob46AdYdDrnw8gQp0ovlA&nmid=293712495

gunsup0331
06-09-2011, 04:43 PM

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
06-09-2011, 07:15 PM
/ thread

imationdawg
06-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Larry's engine

michalo187
06-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Larry's engine

For machine work hell yeah but to build your engine? I rather do it myself because I have and I know the procedures but If I was gonna pay I would only pay Scott due to his experience on exclusively Honda engines. I am not taking away from Larrys but I prefer someone who works on these engines Daily basis not every once in awhile.

imationdawg
06-10-2011, 04:30 PM
For machine work hell yeah but to build your engine? I rather do it myself because I have and I know the procedures but If I was gonna pay I would only pay Scott due to his experience on exclusively Honda engines. I am not taking away from Larrys but I prefer someone who works on these engines Daily basis not every once in awhile.

They were able to rebuild my motor for cheaper then collective would. my car made close to 400whp and ive had zero problems. They back up there work and have everything at their shop to get the job done. I would take any future builds to them without hesitation.

michalo187
06-10-2011, 09:35 PM
They were able to rebuild my motor for cheaper then collective would. my car made close to 400whp and ive had zero problems. They back up there work and have everything at their shop to get the job done. I would take any future builds to them without hesitation.

Congrats........They also built my friends engine that spun a bearing in a matter of minutes of turning it on the first time ever. They didn't wanna warranty shit and my friend ended up with a block making funky noises. I told him it was his bearings and he said it could not be because "pros" built it, Funny part is I take it apart and the bearings would fall out of the rods immediately and if you know anything about building an engine you know that is not supposed to happen. That is the sole reason I wouldn't take my engine to be built by them but I have had numerous machine jobs that I am very satisfied with and I build my own engines and do my own work but I am not ASE certified and I have no shop so therefore not very many people would trust me to rebuild their engine, and I know who owns the best shop in town.

Rauls car that Scott built made 414 whp on 14psi on a stock sleeve block with upgraded rods and pistons and ctr valetrain in head.

imationdawg
06-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Congrats........They also built my friends engine that spun a bearing in a matter of minutes of turning it on the first time ever. They didn't wanna warranty shit and my friend ended up with a block making funky noises. I told him it was his bearings and he said it could not be because "pros" built it, Funny part is I take it apart and the bearings would fall out of the rods immediately and if you know anything about building an engine you know that is not supposed to happen. That is the sole reason I wouldn't take my engine to be built by them but I have had numerous machine jobs that I am very satisfied with and I build my own engines and do my own work but I am not ASE certified and I have no shop so therefore not very many people would trust me to rebuild their engine, and I know who owns the best shop in town.

Rauls car that Scott built made 414 whp on 14psi on a stock sleeve block with upgraded rods and pistons and ctr valetrain in head.

That sucks about your friends car, I would be pissed.. how long ago was that? they told me they would garantee their work, but I towed my car to locash for the initial start up just in case.

michalo187
06-11-2011, 02:41 AM
That sucks about your friends car, I would be pissed.. how long ago was that? they told me they would garantee their work, but I towed my car to locash for the initial start up just in case.

About 3 yrs back and thats very smart of you, most people won't run proper tunes during break in and that can also have some bad effects if your running too much fuel

imationdawg
06-12-2011, 03:47 PM
About 3 yrs back and thats very smart of you, most people won't run proper tunes during break in and that can also have some bad effects if your running too much fuel

yeah i just recently had mine built so maybe it was a different builder or maybe they bettered themselves through trial and error, but like i said i am satisfied with there work and they even got me good prices on internals for my block.

FranktheTank
06-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Collective hands down. you'd be stupid to go anywhere else

DarkAngel
06-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Yes Scott is the shit. I would go to him in a heart beat. When I don't know something I ask Scott. If you are a do-it-yourself type of person like I am then finding a good machine shop is also key. I have taken work to Larry's and have had three blocks done by Larry and all have been machined to spec. I helped build two and am currently building my third block but Larry's did all the machine work. I trust their work as well. Everything was done to spec and checked by them and myself. Failure only comes when you dont check your work and see if everything is in spec. The right parts are also key.

B16-Integra
06-12-2011, 08:14 PM
I have had nothing but good experiences at Collective, and Larry's Engine and Marine. They are both excellent engine builders and reputable places. They both will cater to your needs.

Scott built my B20 bottom end and it screamed, perfect compression, perfect everything.
Larrys of course did the machine work on the block etc.

2point6
06-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Again, thank you guys for the positive referalls! :)

j-dizzle
06-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Scott's the man in Tucson!! Has pretty good prices and is fast. But he sucks cause he still makes me drive the extra 30 ft to desert Toyota to get my squash..... I hate you Scott! But yeah if I have a question on one of my builds he's more than happy to sit there and talk it over with me!

ksboi
07-07-2011, 11:20 AM
I am going to scott once all my parts come in. He quoted me a great price on labor. Plus help stimulate the Tucson economy.