PDA

View Full Version : Main Problem with this?

HondaBoy[T]
06-07-2011, 12:39 PM
So i have a b16a turbo on 9 psi. it all started one day coming home from work. it started idleing funny and sputtering rarely. Bought ngk plugs and it ran fine for a week.

Then it started again but worse it died randomly and idle was very low and sometimes died and sputtered even more.

Now i changed the fuel filter and it ran perfect for 1 trip to the gas station while check engine light was on weird... i started her again and the cel was off and went to work and it ran horrible low idle on start up sputtering like no other and not driveable...

I just want her to be fixed and tired of guessing the problems... i did trouble shooting on the web and came to top 2.

1. Fuel pump since im running stock anyways. will be buying 255 walbro today prob
2. Get better plug wires?
Please help if you have any tips or anything will be helpful please i ned to get my baby back on the road..:drive:

Sorry if i posted on wrong section..

ILIKETODRIVE
06-07-2011, 01:13 PM
First: What DTC (diagnostic trouble code) turned on the CEL (check engine light) in the first place? You make no mention of pulling a code or codes to see why the CEL was turned on.

HondaBoy[T]
06-07-2011, 06:12 PM
;2443453']So i have a b16a turbo on 9 psi. it all started one day coming home from work. it started idleing funny and sputtering rarely. Bought ngk plugs and it ran fine for a week.

Then it started again but worse it died randomly and idle was very low and sometimes died and sputtered even more.

Now i changed the fuel filter and it ran perfect for 1 trip to the gas station while check engine light was on weird... i started her again and the cel was off and went to work and it ran horrible low idle on start up sputtering like no other and not driveable...

I just want her to be fixed and tired of guessing the problems... i did trouble shooting on the web and came to top 2.

1. Fuel pump since im running stock anyways. will be buying 255 walbro today prob
2. Get better plug wires?
Please help if you have any tips or anything will be helpful please i ned to get my baby back on the road..:drive:

Sorry if i posted on wrong section..

didnt have time like i said it was to the gas station and when i got home it was off

TSRaaron
06-08-2011, 12:33 AM
Maybe distributor?

Mr.Burner
06-08-2011, 01:35 AM
Put the fuel pump in it and get some ngk wires, they will work best for you. Then let us know if that solved anything.

Also what ecu is in your car and how is it tuned? to bad you didnt get the cel code.

It could be so many things

ILIKETODRIVE
06-08-2011, 10:15 AM
;2443802']didnt have time like i said it was to the gas station and when i got home it was off

Even if the light is off, a DTC should still be stored.

HondaBoy[T]
06-08-2011, 01:07 PM
thanks guys just ordered Ngk Pugs again lol and Ngk Wires. 255 Walbro fuel pump and Fuel pressure reg.

Update: i also put on my new 3" exhaust and it didnt sputter when i drove around the block but it did turn off right after i hit 5 psi of boost. Also idle is very low. i will let you guys know after part gets here and install.

If all fails ill try dizzy thanks!

taketurns
06-09-2011, 12:04 AM
Sounds like a map. Find out what the cel is.

DarkAngel
06-09-2011, 12:10 AM
LOL this could all be solved by the CEL if you take the time to check what it is instead of throwing money at it. GL........

HondaBoy[T]
06-09-2011, 10:17 PM
LOL this could all be solved by the CEL if you take the time to check what it is instead of throwing money at it. GL........

CEL is not on any more..

ILIKETODRIVE
06-10-2011, 08:16 AM
;2445879']CEL is not on any more..

Even if the light is off, a DTC should still be stored.

:smackself:

HondaBoy[T]
06-10-2011, 06:52 PM
how do i find the dtc my car is a 96 but has a ob1 motor and jumperharness so how should i find it.?

Help please i learn new things everyday =D

gunsup0331
06-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Iacv

$5 says so

taketurns
06-10-2011, 11:57 PM
Iacv

$5 says so

Never seen an IACV cause the drivability problems he's complaining about.

king06
06-11-2011, 01:56 AM
Should have bought OEM plug wires. I got my monies on the distributor.

Is your Tach needle acting funny?

ILIKETODRIVE
06-11-2011, 08:53 AM
;2446618']how do i find the dtc my car is a 96 but has a ob1 motor and jumperharness so how should i find it.?

There is still an SCS connector near the passenger side kickpanel. Pull it down, jump a wire across the connector, and CEL should flash the code.

HondaBoy[T]
06-14-2011, 01:43 AM
Just got my 255 fuel pump in and ngk wires and new spark plugs and a no name fuel rpr.

i will try to get that scs to flash my cel thanks for the info.

And no my speedo don't act funny its fine...

i hope its not my dizzy i could have got one for cheap!!! and passed it up... crossing fingers its not the dizzy.

HondaBoy[T]
06-18-2011, 02:20 PM
jus took my kit off because i wanna go back to stock while my ls is being finished

and the problem was 2 of my injectors o rings were toasted.... and bad spark..

Thanks and if u guys could help me wiring the injectors plug back to normal because i took off the restior box.. its posted eks thanks!

taketurns
06-18-2011, 03:11 PM
;2453544']jus took my kit off because i wanna go back to stock while my ls is being finished

and the problem was 2 of my injectors o rings were toasted.... and bad spark..

Thanks and if u guys could help me wiring the injectors plug back to normal because i took off the restior box.. its posted eks thanks!

You had 2 leaking injectors and didn't know about it?

HondaBoy[T]
06-18-2011, 03:15 PM
You had 2 leaking injectors and didn't know about it?

small leak but yes still a leak ..
and yes im still a dumbass for not checking :smackself: