PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered 2012 civic SI

krankieLS
06-08-2011, 12:20 PM
I just ordered my new 2012 CIVIC SI from Arrowhead Honda they say 15 days or so until I get a vin number since the tsunami every thing is backed up big time. Walked out the door after handing them $1000 to get the order process started and I can’t help but be excited. I have always had new trucks and other toys but never spent 27k for a car I will use for fun only.
First step is I talked to Joe at Locash and he has the Flashpro in stock and the day the car is to arrive it will be on the dyno or soon after depending on Joes schedule to get the most I can out of it. Only downside is I promised the wife that for 1 year I would not Turbo the car <Bah why do I make deals with the devil lol>. I will upload pictures as I get them and for sure all the Bolton’s available will be installed ASAP.

Best I can find for a picture but mine is 1st choise blue 2nd choice black with front and rear lips. no side skirts cause they cover the ivtec logo and I like that.http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m528/krankie1/krankiels-si.jpg

johnehonda
06-08-2011, 01:13 PM
nice!! congrats can't wait for pics

HondaBoy[T]
06-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Wish i had money for another honey..

Honda4Life.
06-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Congrats. Personally I would find out what you can do to it without voiding the manufactures warranty for the first 3/36 and wouldn't get an extended service contract if your planning on big mods which it sounds you are going to do atleast down the road.

Actually your supposed to put new decals on once the side skirts are on. Here is a link to the install instruction for them and they tell you how to apply them on page 13 of the instructions. They are sold seperately though.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/civic/12sus2dr.pdf

The God Damn Batman
06-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Maybe im wrong..
but is it really safe to be running your car on the dyno they day you buy it?
Cars going to have like 6 miles on it, and you're not going to wait till the break-in period is up?

I've always been told, and always waited till I got a couple thousand miles, or a few months before flooring my brand new cars.

Take it as a FYI, because I would hate to see you pay 27k (ouch) on a civic just to have some major/minor engine work in a few years..

Congrats though, excited to see it. I like the new body style of the Si.

Bill Cosby
06-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Different people say different things, in the end though the tune on it is some bullshit basemap. A nice tune in the beginning can't hurt.

crxhfb16
06-08-2011, 02:45 PM
They day i bought my 08 civic si brand new with only 40miles on it i took it up to fuel cut at 133mph ran strong for the next 36k then i got board and traded it in.

94ej1
06-08-2011, 03:47 PM
I got a 2012. But its a four door lx :/. Still love it tho :)

Can't wait for pics

krankieLS
06-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Congrats. Personally I would find out what you can do to it without voiding the manufactures warranty for the first 3/36 and wouldn't get an extended service contract if your planning on big mods which it sounds you are going to do atleast down the road.

Actually your supposed to put new decals on once the side skirts are on. Here is a link to the install instruction for them and they tell you how to apply them on page 13 of the instructions. They are sold seperately though.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/civic/12sus2dr.pdf

Thanks for the link guess im getting the skirts also now.

As for the tune and break in period. I will run at least 100 miles in the first day just goofing around and tune it ASAP. Also I run full synthetic oil starting the second I get the car. Some say that also is not good but others say its fine. I personally think 100 miles the way I drive is a full break in period and a good reason to switch to full synthetic oil hehe.:lightsword:

Bill Cosby
06-08-2011, 08:01 PM
When my dad got his new Porsche they told him all he had to do was make sure he didn't stay in the same rpm for to long

trdtc480
06-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Congrats on the new upgrade.

hatchkid91
06-15-2011, 03:31 PM
congrats on the purchase man

Spec C
06-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Congrats! But FACK $27k? Lots of choices in that price range.

Mr.Burner
06-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Sweet buy man! you'll deff love its potential

Honda runs a break in procedure at the manufacturer on an engine dyno, so i think you'll be good to go...

When i build a fresh motor it goes straight to dyno once i know the fans are working, no coolant issues, no oil leaks. I leave it in Joes hands and no prayer is needed. Joe also knows how to give a motor alittle break in period on the dyno aswell.

nosfedb18
06-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Congrats! But FACK $27k? Lots of choices in that price range.

wow, you can own 9 EGs for that price!

ilovemy-eg9-
06-15-2011, 07:17 PM
27k? total??
since my bf is cheeap,, ima buy my own.. =)
lol.. i want ONE SOOOOO BAD!!

Bill Cosby
06-15-2011, 09:39 PM
wow, you can own 9 EGs for that price!

But they are old and molested

cHASE'ks
06-15-2011, 09:47 PM
fuck yeah cant wait the turbo

locash
06-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Unfortunately for him, he'll be breaking it in for awhile, as the Hondata FlashPro does not yet work with the 2012 Si with the K24 engine.. That damn Tsunami also fuxored the factory that makes Honda ECU's, delaying many models from release..

As long as he doesnt decide to paint the car or work on it himself with his home depot toolset, the car should be fun for a long time. :)

iHATEspeedbumps
06-23-2011, 11:17 PM
damm dude thats gonna be dope!!!

eg6sirs
06-24-2011, 02:13 AM
As long as he doesnt decide to paint the car or work on it himself with his home depot toolset, the car should be fun for a long time. :)[/QUOTE]
lmao....

in for pix....:biggrin:

azskateman
06-29-2011, 02:33 AM
The 12 looks awesome! I hope they fixed all the problems, My Wifey drives 08 si and has had visors break about ten times, brake calipers where bad and latest problem is bump stops are making odd noises.

MrVtec08
07-04-2011, 04:59 PM
I want one :)

94ej1
07-04-2011, 05:32 PM
No pics yet?

crxhfb16
07-14-2011, 08:57 AM
going to have to do a head swap also if you want to put a header or turbo manifold on.

mad_jdm98
07-16-2011, 11:48 PM
27K!? Shiiit i would have bought an Evo or Sti

bseries1320
07-17-2011, 03:18 AM
this shit is gonna be sick!!!

Subbed11

LS-S DA9
07-17-2011, 09:46 AM
[COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma]Best I can find for a picture but mine is 1st choise blue 2nd choice black with front and rear lips. no side skirts cause they cover the ivtec logo and I like that.

go to hondas website and build one lol i did it right before i saw this post.

honduh_head
07-17-2011, 10:41 AM
27K!? Shiiit i would have bought an Evo or Sti

Not brand new you wouldn't have. Those are almost $40k +++ with TTL

mad_jdm98
07-17-2011, 11:00 PM
No of course not new, i meant used. I would spend about 20-23k for a clean Evo 9 and then the rest on minor bolt-ons.

Spec C
07-18-2011, 09:58 AM
You can get an 11' wrx sedan for the same price, and with boltons/e85 put that bitch into the 11's.

crxhfb16
07-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Yeah but insurance on a WRX is ridicules, they get terrible gas mileage and are a bitch to work on. But im still thinking about getting 1 despite all that lol.

Spec C
07-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Yeah but insurance on a WRX is ridicules, they get terrible gas mileage and are a bitch to work on. But im still thinking about getting 1 despite all that lol.
Insurance is slightly more on my SI then my 08 WRX..lol

I got about 4MPG less in the WRX(stock) a tune will usually net you a little MPG unless you start driving like more of a dick, but quite honestly gas mileage is not really something I care about.

berny2435
07-18-2011, 04:34 PM
No of course not new, i meant used. I would spend about 20-23k for a clean Evo 9 and then the rest on minor bolt-ons.

1st of all, a 20K 2006 model would high mileage and beat on which would likely need another 2K in work to get it where I'd want it to be for a newly purchased car. Not many people have an extra 2K cash lying around to put into a car for maintenance items on a NEW purchase over 20k$.

Please guys give the dude a break on his decision. He obviously wants a new Fully Loaded Honda. Many people, like myself, buy new hondas for a few darn good reasons.

1.) reliability
2.) cost effective
3.) fun cars

What's the Interest rate on a 2006 Loan? 6-10%, new down to 3% easy
What's the insurance on a 2006 EVO which is one of the most stolen cars in the country? depending on age, double practically. Not to mention it performs terrible in crash tests.

I really like EVOs but for around AZ, it's not really a good car to have if you want something cost effective, 4dr and versatile. The back seats don't even fold down and you can't/shouldn't put a roof rack on the ones with an alluminum roof.

I can get a 29" wheel'd full suspension mtn bike in the back of my 2008 2dr coupe and can get 32mpg on the way to Cali to go cruisin and downhilling. It's tuned with flashpro, K&N intake, -3 deg camber front and -2.6 rear. Lowered 1.5". 17x8s with 225/45/17 RE760s. If it has less camber and lighter Kuhmo all season 225/45/17s on the same weight rim (17.5lb BBSs), it'd get 34mpg easy with the AC on 1/2 the time. Fun car to Autocross on 245/40/17 dunlop Star specs.

berny2435
07-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Insurance is slightly more on my SI then my 08 WRX..lol

I got about 4MPG less in the WRX(stock) a tune will usually net you a little MPG unless you start driving like more of a dick, but quite honestly gas mileage is not really something I care about.

FYI, I've heard some guys with EVOs running tunes to get over 25mpg on cars with 250 walbro FP and full exhaust on stock turbo. Tune down the boost and a few other tweaks and DD it. Watch the boost gauge and stay under 5psi as much as possible. I little over 3G gets you a tuned Pitbull at 300whp that can be a 225whp puppy whenever.

Bill Cosby
07-18-2011, 05:19 PM
I still prefer the 06-11 body style. But seriously who cares about the new evo and sti, they are not attractive cars.

RustRat
07-18-2011, 05:48 PM
congrats man. I was just looking at the specs on this car and I was thinking wow honda is coming around again.. SI. 202hp? 175ftlb of torque......for the 2012????????????? looks like fun to me and tons of potential....

Spec C
07-18-2011, 06:18 PM
FYI, I've heard some guys with EVOs running tunes to get over 25mpg on cars with 250 walbro FP and full exhaust on stock turbo. Tune down the boost and a few other tweaks and DD it. Watch the boost gauge and stay under 5psi as much as possible. I little over 3G gets you a tuned Pitbull at 300whp that can be a 225whp puppy whenever.

You don't have to tell me.lol I have owned/tuned them, as well as owned half a dozen subarus. I use to get about 23 mpg depending on my driving, with a 3076r, full bolt ons, etc in my evo.

3K will get you more then 300whp too.

Joeque-that is your opinion. I personally love the x's, and the 11 wrx sedans are sick as hell imo. That will probably be my next car soon.

Bill Cosby
07-19-2011, 04:50 AM
Yeah I dunno I think the cars are all getting too big. the new civics are the size of the old accords, and the accords are now Cadillacs... I'd like to see Honda build another LITTLE hb

berny2435
07-19-2011, 07:25 AM
Yeah I dunno I think the cars are all getting too big. the new civics are the size of the old accords, and the accords are now Cadillacs... I'd like to see Honda build another LITTLE hb

True. Small has died due to the average weight of vehicles going up and the rigourous test standards we choose to have (MAKES JOBS, government imposed)

Goal weight for any 2dr FWD sports car should be 2600lbs max IMO. The 2dr civic Si could get there if it didn't have sunroof and 5 of the 7 airbags lol! 2600#s would be a real nice starting weight for these Hondas. AT 2600#s, lots of tires can work well for the car. Would probably still need -2.8 to -3 deg front camber for optimal autoX cornering on most tires. My 245/40/17 Dunlop star specs like -2.9 to -3.

about EVO 300whp+. I've priced out what I'd buy. I like to do HP the safe way. I would still be spending 3G on my EVO to make that HP. Hard pipes, quality intake, a good heat shield on turbo hot side, DP and midpipe, tuning software, dyno tune for street and race, upgraded oil cooler and radiator for AZ reliability. More boost = more turbo heat under the hood so a radiator is a must buy IMO. I C evos locally at AutoXs overheating.

FormulaJDM
07-28-2011, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the link guess im getting the skirts also now.

As for the tune and break in period. I will run at least 100 miles in the first day just goofing around and tune it ASAP. Also I run full synthetic oil starting the second I get the car. Some say that also is not good but others say its fine. I personally think 100 miles the way I drive is a full break in period and a good reason to switch to full synthetic oil hehe.:lightsword:

Don't change the oil early.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-care/top-7-urban-legends-about-motor-oil.html

Urban legend #5. When you buy a new car, change your oil at 3,000 miles to remove metal particles from the engine break-in process. There might be a grain of truth to this, according to the experts at Blackstone. Oil samples from engines during the first 3,000 miles of driving show elevated "wear-in" metal levels, coming from the pistons and camshafts, says Ryan Stark, Blackstone's president. But he added, "To me, it doesn't make that much difference because if the filings are big enough to cause damage, they will be taken out by the oil filter."

However, a Honda spokesman says its cars come from the factory with a special oil formulation for the break-in period. Honda advises owners to not change the oil early. Stark said Blackstone Laboratories' test of Honda's break-in oil shows it contains molybdenum-disulfide, an anti-wear additive. But Stark said Honda is the only manufacturer he knows that's using special break-in oil. The take-away? If there are any special break-in recommendations from the manufacturer, follow them. And consider analyzing the oil at 3,000 miles.

My07SI
08-10-2011, 04:12 PM
congrats on the new car youll be happy i saw one of these at a show in vegas !!!! pretty cool i love the interior just not a fan of the mini window in front of the rear view mirror! but the new motor should make up for that should make some good numbers.

My07SI
08-10-2011, 04:14 PM
flashpro is the best and ive always known that you break in a motor the way you plan to drive for the life of the car. i was hittin vtec and slammin gear as i left superstition honda lol