PDA

View Full Version : few b series questions.

HEADSHOT
06-08-2011, 06:55 PM
i have a 96 ls motor it doesnt have a spot for the black oil catch can/charcoal box/black thing on back of engine on the back, and the pcv goes right on to the valve cover from the intake manifold. so does a 96 ls motor not use a catch can? seems like it should but i cant figure out where i would run any lines for it.plus it does

ok so apparently my damn b series iacv has legs and disappeared. will my car idle funny if i use the d series one?

michalo187
06-08-2011, 09:47 PM
The 96-01 B18B1 motors are designed with the PCV system integrated into the valve cover/manifold

HEADSHOT
06-09-2011, 09:41 AM
The 96-01 B18B1 motors are designed with the PCV system integrated into the valve cover/manifold

so they dont run a black box on the back? i had one lying around that i thought went to this motor, musta been from another build.

well still no idea on the iacv? guess ill find out when i start the thing up.

ILIKETODRIVE
06-09-2011, 10:07 AM
so they dont run a black box on the back? i had one lying around that i thought went to this motor, musta been from another build.

well still no idea on the iacv? guess ill find out when i start the thing up.

Did you bolt up the D-Series IACV and it lines up properly and everything? If it does, are you sure it's actually from a D-Series?

And x2 about 96+ LS not having a black block box. Best thing ever.

HEADSHOT
06-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Did you bolt up the D-Series IACV and it lines up properly and everything? If it does, are you sure it's actually from a D-Series.

And x2 about 96+ LS not having a black block box. Best thing ever.

i literally took it off my dseries engine. it bolts right up couldnt see if the holes 100 percent matched but it looked good. ill take another look.

another question: i got a rear tranny bracket out of integra and only one of the bolt holes will line up. anyone else had this problem? are there certain b series tranny brackets that dont fit?

ILIKETODRIVE
06-10-2011, 08:14 AM
another question: i got a rear tranny bracket out of integra and only one of the bolt holes will line up. anyone else had this problem? are there certain b series tranny brackets that dont fit?

T-bracket should be the first mount/bracket assembly installed and tightend (there is a sequence). You'll have to SLIGHTLY loosen the other mount bolts/nuts and tilt the engine/trans until you can bolt it up.

Or it's from an auto.