PDA

View Full Version : Exterior Detailing Help

Fix.it.again.Tony
06-28-2011, 12:00 AM
So I used to be super meticulous about cleaning my car. But after many months of 55 miles per day commuting, the paint and wax seem a bit tired and so am I.
I don't really have the patience to try and figure out how to strip the wax and do all that nonsense right the first time. I don't have all the tools and I'd rather not fuck up the paint.

If someone relatively near me has time to aide in helping me get a strip/wax done, I can gladly compensate for a good job.

PROJECT EG6
08-07-2011, 10:56 PM
ay bro i detail cars..if u need an exterior detail i can hook u up..i work for pro detail shop..u can look us up on google..if u call the shop they will charge u $80-$90 for your exterior but i do side jobs for like $50..i can buff out ur car with a polyner sealant that keeps ur paint protected from the sun for 18 months...623 414 5534 sergio if ur intrested call or txt me i can come to u if it works better for u

Desert Detail & More
08-22-2011, 04:41 PM
Dawn soap strips all old wax off of the paint. Use two buckets, one with dawn soap and the othe just water. Use a microfiber mit, dunk it in the soap and wash the car normally. Now take the dirty mit and dunk in the water, to clean the mit. Now u have a clean mit again to go back in the soap bucket. Do one panel at a time, to reduce a chance of getting water spots. Wash car from top to bottom, and front to back, in straight lines like the car is cutting thru the wind. This reduce chances of getting swirls marks. Dry off with a microfiber guzzler, or big microfiber towel.