PDA

View Full Version : How about deleting threads and posts

S!K TEG
07-05-2011, 10:07 AM
I think for example If open a thread I should be able to delete people post made in my own thread, make the mods job easier and helps the mods who don't do their jobs other than ban. Also we should be able to delete our own threads.

Atomic-Orange-Turbo-Sloth
07-05-2011, 11:58 AM
LMAO that will never happen. But nice try.

drhonda09
07-05-2011, 01:13 PM
I think being able to delete your own threads would be a good idea. It would definitely help clean up some of the useless posts on here.

Also, having the mods and admins clean up the site and delete threads that are older than 6+ months would be key. Getting rid of old classified/useless threads would keep this site a lot cleaner. That way, anyone trying to find information wont have to browse thru useless posts or bring back ancient threads from the dead, keeping this site up to date.

Rufus
07-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Few things peeps:

1) Old threads are a resource. Yes, old classified shit goes in there too but the more content a site has, the bigger the community and the larger the draw to the site. I don't see that happening as frustrating as it is when people bump old shit.

2) You used to be able to close you own threads. Not sure if that changed. You do not have the ability to delete them, and likely never will.

3) I already told the OP that he needs to use the report function on posts. That is the system in place to achieve what you want. You will never get the ability to delete posts in your threads. Even if we thought it was a neat idea, there are user permissions associated with accounts at each level. The ability to delete posts lies at the moderator level. Nobody, on a site that is free to use, and makes very little revenue, is going to recode bulletin board software for special circumstances.

That said, again, report button.

The Punisher
07-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Would you rather that ANYONE can delete your posts vs just a select biased few?

:)

theAngryMarmot
07-05-2011, 08:22 PM
I think for example If open a thread I should be able to delete people post made in my own thread, make the mods job easier and helps the mods who don't do their jobs other than ban. Also we should be able to delete our own threads.

Is it time for another "ban" poll/election?

S!K TEG
07-05-2011, 11:14 PM
Would you rather that ANYONE can delete your posts vs just a select biased few?

:)

well I was thinking if I was to make a thread that I should be able to remove post I don't want cluttering up my thread.

Is it time for another "ban" poll/election?

Sure, it's like russian roulette, you don't know if your getting the bullet.

07-05-2011, 11:57 PM
well I was thinking if I was to make a thread that I should be able to remove post I don't want cluttering up my thread.

Sure, it's like russian roulette, you don't know if your getting the bullet.
the face palm in your sig fits

glad you think the mods around here dont do their jobs. Wonder how you'd feel if they just let people shit all over your threads and did nothing about it. HMMMM

S!K TEG
07-06-2011, 10:34 AM
the face palm in your sig fits

glad you think the mods around here dont do their jobs. Wonder how you'd feel if they just let people shit all over your threads and did nothing about it. HMMMM
Thats the whole point of this thread, people wouldn't have to wait.

07-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Thats the whole point of this thread, people wouldn't have to wait.
people dont, how often do stupid threads/offensive posts stay up, afew hours MAYBE

your being overly critical.

PM Admin, since you wanna be a mod :roll:

Rufus
07-06-2011, 11:29 AM
He doesn't report posts you guys. So he thinks there are no systems in place to help him.

Nachooooosupreme
07-06-2011, 11:56 AM
^just like our judicial system?!

07-06-2011, 11:56 AM
He doesn't report posts you guys. So he thinks there are no systems in place to help him.
thats what i assumed. Anything ive reported that was deemed an issue was removed within AT MOST 5 hours. The report button is your fwiend.

Rufus
07-06-2011, 12:15 PM
I went back to the beginning of this year... not one single reported post by him.

07-06-2011, 12:32 PM
I went back to the beginning of this year... not one single reported post by him.
case closed

S!K TEG
07-06-2011, 06:39 PM
where in the hell is the report button?

bseries1320
07-06-2011, 07:34 PM
the caution emblem.bottom of your name,next to the blue button

S!K TEG
07-06-2011, 10:02 PM
ThankAirtigh

07-06-2011, 11:18 PM
where in the hell is the report button?
member since 07 and never asked about that little button or even moved your mouse over it? wowsers.

Fix.it.again.Tony
07-07-2011, 12:02 AM
i report shit all the time, now that I know ruffles looks at them, I am going to do more.

legit reports obviously. :)

07-07-2011, 12:23 AM
i report shit all the time, now that I know ruffles looks at them, I am going to do more.

legit reports obviously. :)
reported for being a bromo

The God Damn Batman
07-07-2011, 09:00 AM
I paid $15 and now i can delete threads that I start, like im a wizard.

Oh and FYI to amy mod that see's this Im sure I paid for the Gold membership well over a year ago.

Rufus
07-07-2011, 09:49 AM
I won't go in and look at every single reported post, but that's why we have a few mods. If your issue isn't resolved, just report it again. It should BUMP it like all threads do.