PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else longboard paddle?

CTD-FAB
07-07-2011, 11:31 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/74224_1587389399532_1079716021_1588540_6567155_n.j pg

Whats up guys. Just wondering if i'm the only crazy son of a bitch that longboards with a paddle? Its a really great total upper body and core workout combined with pushing super long distances are easily rode. My rides will be anywhere from 8-20 miles.

I have seen the "Kahuna Bigstick" but its expensive and I thought there were plenty of ways to try and improve on the design. I came up with a custom (all aluminum tig welded with machined parts) paddle, I dubbed it the "Pushrod". My lightweight version weighs in at 1.5 lbs and my heavy duty version is about 2.2 lbs but it ill have the ability to add weight for a better workout.

If anyone uses one it would be cool to setup a ride or if anyone want to try one out I can make up a couple loaners. Ive been selling these for $50 if anyone is interested in buying one but didn't want to spend the $$$ on a Kahuna and also wanted to support the local fab scene.

Ride on guys-

bb4arson
07-08-2011, 12:15 AM
yes you might be the only..

i just youtube it to see what it was all about..
looks pretty cool .

but im still stuck to flipping tricks

CTD-FAB
07-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Haha, in about a year Ive only seen two other people with em.

I built a short board to try and learn some tricks but still be able to cruise, that shit is hard! Maybe I'm retarded or maybe its the 170mm trucks with 75mm wheels but I can't ollie for shit!

I'll stick with cruising and going fast. I can hit tempe town lake hills @ 30mph and did a 40mph run at some crazy hill in Mesa.

bb4arson
07-08-2011, 12:27 AM
the paddle that you are using looks pretty long compared to the ones that most people use.

nice speeds ..what kind of bearing do you use?

CTD-FAB
07-08-2011, 12:38 AM
Its 76 inches from top to bottom. The board in the pic is my pride n joy but also rides almost 5 inches off the ground so the length helps. I make all the orders custom length to whatever the user is comfortable with. I go on run rides ( picture a strap running through the board and wearing it like a backpack while running) often so a collapsible one is in the works for better portability.

Thanks, I just rock plain old Bones Reds but I keep them really clean. I tend to service them about every 50 miles which is about a normal week of riding and one set I have is still going strong at over 1500+ miles, haha.

H22apower
07-08-2011, 03:56 AM
Shoot, bones reds are very reliable if you oil them up good. You should try Swiss Ceramic bearings that's what I ride. I'm going to get Swiss only to see and feel the difference.