PDA

View Full Version : 06+ civic SI throttle lag

Meat_Lovers_Pizza
07-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Does anyone else have this problem? Seems like sometimes the throttle response is very laggy, and when I'm just cruising ( any gear under 5th ) it kinda hiccups or lets off a bit on the throttle.

God damn E-throttles.

Nachooooosupreme
07-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Sounds like a misfire..

Atomic-Orange-Turbo-Sloth
07-09-2011, 07:58 PM
mine does the same thing, it also "hangs" at high RPM when you push in the clutch to stop suddenly etc

from what ive heard flash pro makes your throttle response alot more crisp, but other than that not much you can do

Meat_Lovers_Pizza
07-09-2011, 08:58 PM
mine does the same thing, it also "hangs" at high RPM when you push in the clutch to stop suddenly etc

from what ive heard flash pro makes your throttle response alot more crisp, but other than that not much you can do

Kinda what I figured with the flash pro, I'll be buying that soon.

aflo026
07-10-2011, 03:23 PM
I agree with The stig, Flashpro does take away the "hang" and throttle response is a lot better. It also takes away any cel's

i I know i had one for my sk2 exhaust due to the o2 sensor reading improperly and it took it away.

But a down fall is normally it tells you how much oil % life you have left w/ flashpro it reads 100% all the time.

So just keep in mind how many miles you go and change it when you normally change your oil.

Bill Cosby
07-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Does anyone else have this problem? Seems like sometimes the throttle response is very laggy, and when I'm just cruising ( any gear under 5th ) it kinda hiccups or lets off a bit on the throttle.

God damn E-throttles.

Flashpro gets rid of everything you hate about your car right now. Just buy it and enjoy, are you on 8th civic yet?

berny2435
07-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Not only do you need a flashpro, you need a MAP tune b/c they work the best for rev hang and lag. On top of that, you need a MAP tune that works for your setup that doesn't get knock and pull timing.

If you run a MAF tune, it still hangs a bit or is a little laggy when you tip in but not as bad as stock. Just not as good as a good MAP tune either though. I've got a custom tune for running MAF. Can get up to 32mpg highway b/t Cali and back and that was running AC 1/2 the time. I used the Euro R MAF calibration and modded it from there to work with my car. The Euro cal lets you have more range of control of when the car goes into Closed loop. The USDM MAF cals wont even go into closed loop in the areas you need to tune. Part throttle tunning is impossible for USDM MAF cals which is why everyone uses the MAP cals. I chose to run the Euro MAF cal b/c I like how the Honda MAF system works with the MAP sensor.

My07SI
08-10-2011, 07:24 AM
flashpro and map tune FTW fixed my rev hang and gave me much better throttle response

My07SI
08-10-2011, 07:24 AM
oh and fixed the cel from my race header

riiiiic
09-02-2011, 08:02 PM
you can thank the DBW ... it's lame .. flashpro and you'll get past the lag and the rpm hang ..

Bruticus
09-20-2011, 03:14 AM
Chromoly flywheel from ACT or Exedy will eliminate the rev hang

Bill Cosby
09-20-2011, 05:56 AM
Chromoly flywheel from ACT or Exedy will eliminate the rev hang

Or just tune it...

Bruticus
09-20-2011, 08:46 AM
The throttle body motor will never respond as quick as the input or spring return. I don't know why people complain about the rev hang while shifting, you want the revs to remain high between shifts so you don't drop out of the power band. I hear people talk about how they want the revs to fall quick, like cable throttled cars. Why? This slows you down. Additionally, the rev hang is there for emissions purposes.

dudeinpinkfit
09-20-2011, 06:08 PM
get a throttle controller. i got one on my fit and the rev hang goes away.

Bill Cosby
09-21-2011, 03:49 AM
get a throttle controller. i got one on my fit and the rev hang goes away.

NO! no no no! Get a fucking tune! Stop talking about band-aids. You don't notice rev hang at wot, but mostly at spirited driving. It's like rev dropping in every gear it's not beneficial I'm not even sure how you can say that. Maybe your talking about something different... Have you driven in an 8th? (azpusher)

dudeinpinkfit
09-21-2011, 08:12 AM
What management controls the tac motor???

Bruticus
09-21-2011, 12:22 PM
I own one (actually my 2nd), how'd you think I knew about the flywheel? I like the rev hang, keeps rpms up between gears so I don't drop out of VTEC or the power band.

berny2435
09-21-2011, 04:56 PM
BTW, I'm selling my Flashpro. PM me if you want to buy it $600. I just got a AP2 s2000 so I don't need it anymore.

IMO, the rev hang does not effect spirited driving, it effects DD when you don't need the revs to hang so your slow arse hands can shift. if you shift slower than a grandma, you might rev match depending on when you let off the gas.

The best thing a Flashpro does is give you more power in mid range for better DD driving and there is a little throttle lag it gets rid of as well.