PDA

View Full Version : Marana, AZ AutoX Event this Sunday

civil
07-20-2011, 09:56 AM
If anyone is interested is some AutoX and can brave the heat. Marana, AZ just 25min outside of Tucson is holding another great event at the airport.

July24th Event Info (http://azbrscca.org/) <----LINK

Course Layout for the event:

http://azsolo.zenfolio.com/img/v2/p498045265-4.jpg

:drive:

berny2435
07-20-2011, 03:31 PM
I've ran that course before. Very fun at Marana! Lots of room to make errors in that course! I think I have some in car video for that course I could probably post up later.

rOkaZ
07-20-2011, 05:34 PM
I'll be attending as an spectator..

berny2435
07-20-2011, 06:55 PM
warning, audio is bad b/c of wind and cheap video setup.

http://www.vimeo.com/15111094

shifting more than 1st which makes it a bit more exciting but maybe not faster
http://www.vimeo.com/15110592

civic nerd
07-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Looks fun. Wish I could be there....

rOkaZ
07-20-2011, 10:23 PM
roll over man! looks like its a fun event!

civil
07-21-2011, 11:31 AM
I'll be attending as an spectator..

Cool man. Could always get a ride along with me or other drivers out there.

warning, audio is bad b/c of wind and cheap video setup.

http://www.vimeo.com/15111094

shifting more than 1st which makes it a bit more exciting but maybe not faster
http://www.vimeo.com/15110592

Ryan! You coming back to AutoX in the Fall at Firebird? Or just gonna keep lurking :D

civic nerd
07-21-2011, 12:13 PM
roll over man! looks like its a fun event!
I would but Im too broke to participate. :dumbass:
And I dont want to drive all the way there just to spectate.

Bill Cosby
07-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Which airport?

civil
07-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Which airport?

Marana Airport. Click duh link sir

90cb7
07-21-2011, 02:12 PM
I should have looked into this sooner. Google maps is telling me it will take a hour and half to get there. That's not as bad as Taylor..... hmmm.

civil
07-21-2011, 02:13 PM
I should have looked into this sooner. Google maps is telling me it will take a hour and half to get there. That's not as bad as Taylor..... hmmm.

hahahaha yea it's shorter drive for sure. But much hotter! Did you end up going to Taylor?

berny2435
07-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Ryan! You coming back to AutoX in the Fall at Firebird? Or just gonna keep lurking :D

I'll be back in the fall for some fun. Not going to Tuscon this weekend though. I've lost some interest due to a few reasons but I will be back out there in either my 08 Si or maybe a new vehicle... . 2012 WRX 5dr base model is sounding tempting. Needless to say, I'm not spending any money on my Honda atm. If I decide to get the Honda, it's getting coilovers before the fall series. Paying off some debt and saving money for a house is needed though.. . I need to win the lotto so I can just by some track only cars lol!

JDM wheel whore
07-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Looks awesome!!! I hope to attend when i finish my swap. The good thing is my brother lives right down the road!!!

90cb7
07-22-2011, 12:07 AM
hahahaha yea it's shorter drive for sure. But much hotter! Did you end up going to Taylor?

Nah I didn't go to Taylor. Waiting for them to come back to firebird.

civil
07-22-2011, 09:15 AM
I'll be back in the fall for some fun. Not going to Tuscon this weekend though. I've lost some interest due to a few reasons but I will be back out there in either my 08 Si or maybe a new vehicle... . 2012 WRX 5dr base model is sounding tempting. Needless to say, I'm not spending any money on my Honda atm. If I decide to get the Honda, it's getting coilovers before the fall series. Paying off some debt and saving money for a house is needed though.. . I need to win the lotto so I can just by some track only cars lol!

Meh keep the Honda get some coilovers, and keep plugging away at the house. The lotto idea would be nice lol. I'd definitely have more track cars then I'd know what to do with. It'll be good to see ya back out at Firebird :smoke:

Nah I didn't go to Taylor. Waiting for them to come back to firebird.

Should try a Tucson event before then man. It's a lot of fun. The heat sucks... but it's manageable. The long courses make it crazy fast and a lot of work to string a good run together. Like Firebird West events.

civil
07-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Online registration closes at midnight! For anyone on the fence get Registered today, or deal with filling out paperwork on site.:smackself:

ReyEG2
07-23-2011, 03:29 PM
i was wondering how much it is to register? my buddy locally is interested

mixedCRX
07-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Online registration closes at midnight! For anyone on the fence get Registered today, or deal with filling out paperwork on site.:smackself:

I'm going to be that guy! :(

gates open at 6:30 I'm guessing?????? is it going to be the same as the june times?

civil
07-23-2011, 11:08 PM
i was wondering how much it is to register? my buddy locally is interested

Onsite registration is $40 and $10 for Time Onlys.

I'm going to be that guy! :(

gates open at 6:30 I'm guessing?????? is it going to be the same as the june times?

Gates open at 6:30 yes.

I know it's late getting back to you guys, but hopefully this helps or you looked at the link in the OP and found out what you needed.

See everyone there tomorrow :drive:

civil
07-24-2011, 03:27 PM
Thanks to all that came out. mixedCRX was good to meet you, nice driving again. Think I saw rOkaZ hiding outside the gates. You can come in and watch man or grab a ride a long for some fun. Was a fun event. Course was a lot tougher then I expected. Definitely caught me off guard a couple of times and I over drove a few sections.:smackself: But fun nonetheless. Hope to see more out there.

Next event is August 21st(Sunday) Come on out and enjoy the fun. You don't need a prepped car to have fun, just need to show up and drive it tell it breaks :drive:

tucsondude
07-24-2011, 05:49 PM
boooooo.. i need to get my beemer running and start doing this again...

id reccomend bringing a tire pressure gauge and pump if you have one.

NO leaky fluids too.

mixedCRX
07-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Thanks to all that came out. mixedCRX was good to meet you, nice driving again. Think I saw rOkaZ hiding outside the gates. You can come in and watch man or grab a ride a long for some fun. Was a fun event. Course was a lot tougher then I expected. Definitely caught me off guard a couple of times and I over drove a few sections.:smackself: But fun nonetheless. Hope to see more out there.

Next event is August 21st(Sunday) Come on out and enjoy the fun. You don't need a prepped car to have fun, just need to show up and drive it tell it breaks :drive:

It was great to meet you to civil! I cant wait to have some sway bars on my car to help out with rotation. I'll have to get a ride along with you next time so see how a four door should be driven!

Now I need to get new tires (before the 21st), and hopefully Hmmmslowcivic can get my subframe brace situation taken care of.

Habmx
07-24-2011, 09:29 PM
^^ Hopefully by then we wont need a sway bar for the 4 door. well have a crx to drive :)

mixedCRX
07-25-2011, 09:09 AM
^ that sounds even better

civil
07-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Results: Click (http://www.azbrscca.org/results/)

Nice 2nd place win mixedCRX :thumbup: Lost to a viper lol

mixedCRX
07-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Thanks dude! I was so happy when I saw I got second place in novice, losing to a 500hp car lol

but I also beat the viper ;)

1st was a viper
2nd a four door civic (stock)
3rd same viper

and congrats to you civil for 1st in your class!!

berny2435
07-25-2011, 01:26 PM
huh, despite some of the top dawgs NOT being there I'm still suprised to see Brad Owen and his WRX up there at Top time and PAX. He must have finally found a good setup that works for him .

civil
07-25-2011, 01:48 PM
thanks mixedCRX :thumbup:

huh, despite some of the top dawgs NOT being there I'm still suprised to see Brad Owen and his WRX up there at Top time and PAX. He must have finally found a good setup that works for him .

man... Brad's car is really coming into it's own. He was killing it yesterday. With the addition of his front splitter (which he hated last event) it's really bringing that car into the top spots. But yea he was just flying yesterday.

civil
07-26-2011, 06:02 AM
Fastest comp run.

http://vimeo.com/26900088

mixedCRX
07-26-2011, 11:33 AM
^ your lines were so much better then mine! lol

H22A_CD5
08-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Marana is fun, but Taylor is pretty BA too. Those are the only ones that the AZ region does two back to back days. Plus Its a nice way to get out of the heat!