KeRmEt
08-16-2011, 11:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btViXvIDsi0

Dead Bird
08-16-2011, 12:19 PM
kinda entertaining

drift4agze
08-16-2011, 12:28 PM
I like every part of that video. Should have known epicmealtime was going to be there. Love the universal studios back drop. Hhaha that stupid shark. gotta love it.

1995turbocoupe
08-16-2011, 12:28 PM
yeah he did make it more entertaining compared to his other ones lol but ken block is the sh** when it comes to drifting

DarkAngel
08-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Hmmmmm entertaining thats for sure........

Mighty Max
08-16-2011, 12:44 PM
My honest reaction after watching the video was 'meh'

Not trying to hate but all he did was drift some corners and around some objects. Yes, better than I could ever hope to do myself, but it's like more of the same old, just with some cameos.

In short it didn't wow me like the first one or two.

lx96tegg
08-16-2011, 12:47 PM
Nice video... For some reason im loving the dash.

lowriderferio
08-16-2011, 02:41 PM
sick video. they keep getting better.

bseries1320
08-16-2011, 02:49 PM
when he breaks wall you can see the paper.wtf

I Hate Import Cars
08-16-2011, 03:19 PM
when he breaks wall you can see the paper.wtf

Did you think he was going to drive that car through a REAL brick wall?

AZ Auto Werks
08-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Wow... Tis dude is a legend. Best driver in my eyes.

DarkAngel
08-16-2011, 04:09 PM

I did! Booooooo JK.

Theory
08-16-2011, 06:18 PM
I thought epic meal time was Canadian.

drift4agze
08-16-2011, 06:24 PM
I thought epic meal time was Canadian.

They are. Im sure they flew down to cali.

theAngryMarmot
08-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Wow... Tis dude is a legend. Best driver in my eyes.

He is not the best driver by a long, long, long margin - however...

I think he has single handedly invented and defined a genre of driving, for entertainment.

Dude has skills behind the wheel, and this video was awesome.

Alot of people say it was boring and more of the same - but it really was not that similar. Of course it won't have the "wow" of the first one - as that was the first time someone had done something like this.

The location was much better and interesting, he added the ladder stunt which was awesome. The forklift thing was really cool as well. I like how he stitched this one together, and the remote control cameras and angles were perfect.

The only drastic repeat was the segway stunt. I loved seeing the far camera angle of him zooming around the fake town while it was empty, I think that was my favorite part.

Everytime I see the segway stunt it makes me sad, as Rich Spohr and I had discussed (before his too-soon death) slightly replicating the stunt, except with his 350z and my scooter that can do smoky donuts counter-rotating to his car's rotation. It is unfortunate this never happened as it would have been epic, but maybe another chance will happen.

DC2BABE
08-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Awesome video!!!

bseries1320
08-16-2011, 09:10 PM
of course not,just saying try and make it a little less obvious

orientalbigboi
08-17-2011, 12:25 AM
That's dope, considering how I was just at Universal Studios last week..Epicmealtime guys surprised me..haha..

Atomic-Orange-Turbo-Sloth
08-17-2011, 01:05 AM
question, i thought his ford Fiesta in the last Gymkhama video was auto/paddleshift

but this one was an actual manual trans, is this new or has he been racing/driving this one for awhile. Coulda sworn his x-games fiesta was auto too.

KeRmEt
08-17-2011, 06:38 AM
im just curious but how you gonna drift with an auto car^^^^

luis8585
08-17-2011, 06:39 AM
cool vid

crx88
08-17-2011, 07:08 AM
i liked it!

PhxKid92
08-17-2011, 07:12 AM
i wish i cud drive like him lol that video was badass imo

Th3 Mugen
08-17-2011, 04:48 PM
question, i thought his ford Fiesta in the last Gymkhama video was auto/paddleshift

but this one was an actual manual trans, is this new or has he been racing/driving this one for awhile. Coulda sworn his x-games fiesta was auto too.
Well it's not really a Full Standard Tranny.
It's a Sequential transmission.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sequential_manual_transmission
It is new and he is using it in his H.F.H.V. (Hybrid Function Hoon Vehicle)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paoPcFvsbrA ^^

In his Old Gymkhana/WRC car he had a Clutch pedal and had the Paddle Shifters and His Handbrake and 2-Step Set up are the same (Handbrake Design is different). If a Video he was saying how his new HFHV is Completely different from his old WRC/Gymkhana car which is why it seems weird he has the Sequential Shifter instead of paddles.

bb4arson
08-17-2011, 05:13 PM
He is not the best driver by a long, long, long margin - however...

I think he has single handedly invented and defined a genre of driving, for entertainment.

Dude has skills behind the wheel, and this video was awesome.

Alot of people say it was boring and more of the same - but it really was not that similar. Of course it won't have the "wow" of the first one - as that was the first time someone had done something like this.

The location was much better and interesting, he added the ladder stunt which was awesome. The forklift thing was really cool as well. I like how he stitched this one together, and the remote control cameras and angles were perfect.

The only drastic repeat was the segway stunt. I loved seeing the far camera angle of him zooming around the fake town while it was empty, I think that was my favorite part.

Everytime I see the segway stunt it makes me sad, as Rich Spohr and I had discussed (before his too-soon death) slightly replicating the stunt, except with his 350z and my scooter that can do smoky donuts counter-rotating to his car's rotation. It is unfortunate this never happened as it would have been epic, but maybe another chance will happen.
Totally agree..

Did you read my mind?

theAngryMarmot
08-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Well it's not really a Full Standard Tranny.
It's a Sequential transmission.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sequential_manual_transmission
It is new and he is using it in his H.F.H.V. (Hybrid Function Hoon Vehicle)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paoPcFvsbrA ^^

In his Old Gymkhana/WRC car he had a Clutch pedal and had the Paddle Shifters and His Handbrake and 2-Step Set up are the same (Handbrake Design is different). If a Video he was saying how his new HFHV is Completely different from his old WRC/Gymkhana car which is why it seems weird he has the Sequential Shifter instead of paddles.

That and he may have a similar system to WRC cars - they have paddle shifters AND a sequential lever as backup for their transmissions.

Totally agree..

Did you read my mind?

It is a power I have, but I only have it on Wednesdays.

Th3 Mugen
08-17-2011, 05:37 PM
That and he may have a similar system to WRC cars - they have paddle shifters AND a sequential lever as backup for their transmissions.

I wonder how they have it rigged to run Paddle's and Sequential.
But Back to Ken Blocks car. I was just checking google and i found out why he has the Sequential and not the Paddle's anymore.
"Starting in 2011, rules for WRC cars have changed to be more restrictive....The gear changes must be made with a mechanical system (so paddle shifters are not allowed)....All 3 differentials must be mechanical, without electronic control or hydraulic or viscous systems (from 2006 to 2010 the center differential and previously all 3 could be active)" "All WRC cars have four-wheel drive and sequential gearboxes. The cars have a clutch, but the driver tends to only use it to move off from a standing start."

FORCE_FED_EF9
08-17-2011, 05:47 PM
sick video! dude has skills!

theAngryMarmot
08-17-2011, 07:06 PM
I wonder how they have it rigged to run Paddle's and Sequential.
But Back to Ken Blocks car. I was just checking google and i found out why he has the Sequential and not the Paddle's anymore.
"Starting in 2011, rules for WRC cars have changed to be more restrictive....The gear changes must be made with a mechanical system (so paddle shifters are not allowed)....All 3 differentials must be mechanical, without electronic control or hydraulic or viscous systems (from 2006 to 2010 the center differential and previously all 3 could be active)" "All WRC cars have four-wheel drive and sequential gearboxes. The cars have a clutch, but the driver tends to only use it to move off from a standing start."

The paddles operated soleniods that moved the sequential shifter(or so I assume.) That is why when you watch WRC (when they had the paddles) you would see the shifter move when they whacked a paddle.

Th3 Mugen
08-17-2011, 07:25 PM
The paddles operated soleniods that moved the sequential shifter(or so I assume.) That is why when you watch WRC (when they had the paddles) you would see the shifter move when they whacked a paddle.
Learning something everyday, Thank you sir for that.
But Back to the Video did anyone else see the Go Pro on the Ladder Stunt? I kinda Lol'd when Ken Block hit the ladder and you can see the GoPro fly into the air.

theAngryMarmot
08-17-2011, 08:00 PM
I noticed that, those things are tough.

I was sliding my scooter over mine and hit it with the rear tire at 50+ kph, and it flew into the air, the case somehow opened and the camera hit the ground, but it survived with nary a scratch.

Trick
08-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Thats pretty dope...

xracerx
08-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Kens got skills

Atomic-Orange-Turbo-Sloth
08-18-2011, 03:25 AM
Learning something everyday, Thank you sir for that.
But Back to the Video did anyone else see the Go Pro on the Ladder Stunt? I kinda Lol'd when Ken Block hit the ladder and you can see the GoPro fly into the air.
I was aware it wasnt a typical "auto" but im pretty sure if you watch his Gymkhana 3 vid he has just paddles and a large e-brake, not traditional shifter.

And go-pro's are AMAZING. Ive had the same one for almost 2.5 years, tough as nails, hours of offroad racing. Ive crashed with it. had tree limbs clip it, nothing bothers it at all.

Go-Pro FTW.

Black Mobber
08-18-2011, 07:07 AM
Dam precision control siiick !!

b20joe
08-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Efing sweet. he gots it down to a science:drive: