PDA

View Full Version : Weight dropping

Ek-9
08-19-2011, 12:11 AM
Ok So Im 183 right now and I wanna drop to about 170-175.

I workout and La Fitness and Run 2 miles 5 days a week. Im trying to watch my diet, But to be honest I only know the basics to stay away from. like carbs.

My question is what are good meals and suppliments to help me bulk up in muscle and tone down on the fat im trying to lose.

Im not fat or anything just wanna lose this beer belly I have formed and Tone up if that makes anysense.

Dirt McGirk
08-19-2011, 12:45 AM
Im trying to do the same thing, I just added a CLA supplement today, its supposed to target mid section fat. Im 6ft 205 and would like to cut to 195 without loosing any muscle.

Spec C
08-19-2011, 06:14 AM
Ok So Im 183 right now and I wanna drop to about 170-175.

I workout and La Fitness and Run 2 miles 5 days a week. Im trying to watch my diet, But to be honest I only know the basics to stay away from. like carbs.

My question is what are good meals and suppliments to help me bulk up in muscle and tone down on the fat im trying to lose.

Im not fat or anything just wanna lose this beer belly I have formed and Tone up if that makes anysense.
Your not going to build muscle, and lose fat at the same time. Pick one, do it, then work on the other. Typically you will want to diet down first, then start and worry about adding muscle.

Post your current diet. It is hard to recommend anything without knowing what you are currently eating.

Ek-9
08-19-2011, 05:04 PM
Your not going to build muscle, and lose fat at the same time. Pick one, do it, then work on the other. Typically you will want to diet down first, then start and worry about adding muscle.

Post your current diet. It is hard to recommend anything without knowing what you are currently eating.

Ok cool.

I pretty much eat chicken, And red meat, Rice and salad with a light amount of ranch.

Trying to stay away from all breads. Watching me sugar and calorie intake vs what I burn off.

Right now Im working out and running.

Work on a select muscle group each of the 5 days im at the gym. Like today Im doing shoulders and back.

Spec C
08-19-2011, 08:09 PM
That doesn't tell me much man. How about a typical day, with exact quantities.

Ek-9
08-20-2011, 11:31 AM
braksfast- 4 egg whites.

Lunch- Grilled or pan seared chicken with white or brown rice. 1 cup of rice for each meal.

Dinner- Fish or Red meat and salad. Small salad, Usually no bigger then a 8oz cut of fish or meat.

Pretty much that everyday for the past 1 1/2 weeks.

And then a fruit shake with Whey protein about 20 grams. Juice and fruit only.

Only drinking water and OJ right now too.

v8haha
08-22-2011, 12:07 PM
braksfast- 4 egg whites.

Lunch- Grilled or pan seared chicken with white or brown rice. 1 cup of rice for each meal.

Dinner- Fish or Red meat and salad. Small salad, Usually no bigger then a 8oz cut of fish or meat.

Pretty much that everyday for the past 1 1/2 weeks.

And then a fruit shake with Whey protein about 20 grams. Juice and fruit only.

Only drinking water and OJ right now too.

Your not eating enough. Your metabolism only work when your eating. Try 6 smalls meals daily. I dropped from 241lbs to 201lbs in about 3 months. I cardio 45mins a day everyday and lift weights 1hr everyday no days off just cycle body parts to get about a 2 day rest for each body part. My daily diet was

0400 2 scoops whey and 2tbs peanut butter Pre work out
0700 post work out meal 2 scoops whey, can of tuna and grapes
1100 chicken breast, cheese and carrots
1400 tuna, cheese rice cake and fruit
1900 chicken or fish with steamed veggies
2100 bedtime 1scoop whey 2 scoop caisen

Most of my carbs came from protein and my metab stayed hig due to me eating every couple of hours. This was easy for me cause I get free food while im out of the states on assignment and caould get as much as I want. Always cardio first cause it slow metab and heavy lifting speeds it up and keeps it going thru out the day so lift after cardio. Lifting every day allows for max calorie burn. I would lift 2days heavy one day light then 1day heavy 2 days light changing body parts allowing for proped rest for each part. It doesnt work for all but i found it the best for cutting weight. You just have to find whats good for you and stick with it.

emgee420
08-25-2011, 10:48 PM
you sound like your in the same spot as me. i agree with v8haha, several small meals a day (i usually eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 snacks) every 3 hours or so.

snacks consist of fruits and nuts or jerky,
breakfast is usually a english muffin & peanut butter and fruit
lunch is usually a big salad and some protein
dinner is protein, green veggies and salad

last year around july i was at 205, started "eating clean" (google it) got down to 172 with no exercise at all by thanksgiving. got off eating clean when thanksgiving came around until about a couple weeks ago, got back up to 185. about a month ago i started running 6 days a week on the treadmill, weights every other day. got back into eating clean/low carb and now im down to 178.

from what u listed ur eating i would try to eliminate the oj (has sugar) and rice (carbs), eat more vegetables

mxtr
08-25-2011, 11:48 PM
you should really look into hcg shit works serious lost 30 pounds in 3 weeks 500 calorie diet and drops its hard but it works

bb4arson
08-26-2011, 12:24 AM
you should really look into hcg shit works serious lost 30 pounds in 3 weeks 500 calorie diet and drops its hard but it works

hcg is a girls diet plan . and you probably lost weight but with that many calories you probably didnt gain muscle at all.

Dsquared Upholstery
08-26-2011, 02:49 PM
dont do hcg. thats for women who dont care about losing muscle.

anyways, carbs are not bad. you just want to make sure your carb intake is quality ie sweet potatoes, brown rice etc.

as far as fat is concerned, fat is good to help lose fat. you just want to make sure it's a quality fat like almonds, olive oil or something like that.

Dsquared Upholstery
08-26-2011, 02:52 PM
you sound like your in the same spot as me. i agree with v8haha, several small meals a day (i usually eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 snacks) every 3 hours or so.

snacks consist of fruits and nuts or jerky,
breakfast is usually a english muffin & peanut butter and fruit
lunch is usually a big salad and some protein
dinner is protein, green veggies and salad

last year around july i was at 205, started "eating clean" (google it) got down to 172 with no exercise at all by thanksgiving. got off eating clean when thanksgiving came around until about a couple weeks ago, got back up to 185. about a month ago i started running 6 days a week on the treadmill, weights every other day. got back into eating clean/low carb and now im down to 178.

from what u listed ur eating i would try to eliminate the oj (has sugar) and rice (carbs), eat more vegetables.

This is a fantastic meal plan for an old lady. lol.

Spec C
08-26-2011, 03:13 PM
anyways, carbs are not bad. you just want to make sure your carb intake is quality ie sweet potatoes, brown rice etc.
I don't even get caught up in the GI. If it is a pure carb source, and low fat, I am game. I try and get wholesome carbs for the health benefits, but I have no problems eating 2 low fat pop tarts, while dieting, as long as I have the calories to spare..lol

White rice, pasta, bagels, etc.

The GI is over rated for most of our situations, and we don't have to eat as boring as most of us do, if everything else is in line IMO.

Dsquared Upholstery
08-26-2011, 03:17 PM
I don't even get caught up in the GI. If it is a pure carb source, and low fat, I am game. I try and get wholesome carbs for the health benefits, but I have no problems eating 2 low fat pop tarts, while dieting, as long as I have the calories to spare..lol

White rice, pasta, bagels, etc.

The GI is over rated for most of our situations, and we don't have to eat as boring as most of us do, if everything else is in line IMO.

The simplest diest this guy can stick to is plenty of quality meats, a good amount of ruffage and decent carbs... nothing too advanced

Spec C
08-26-2011, 03:27 PM
The simplest diest this guy can stick to is plenty of quality meats, a good amount of ruffage and decent carbs... nothing too advanced
Fo sho. IF you cant stick to it, it isn't worth shit.

One thing I like doing with people that are just getting acquainted with nutrition, is making sure they eat their pro first, then go for carbs. A lot of time with people who don't know how to eat, they attack the carbs/fats first, fill up, and have a problem eating enough pro. You look at what they eat in a day and it is 90% carb/fat.

Dsquared Upholstery
08-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Agreed

bb4arson
08-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Fo sho. IF you cant stick to it, it isn't worth shit.

One thing I like doing with people that are just getting acquainted with nutrition, is making sure they eat their pro first, then go for carbs. A lot of time with people who don't know how to eat, they attack the carbs/fats first, fill up, and have a problem eating enough pro. You look at what they eat in a day and it is 90% carb/fat.

sometimes i attack the carbs first because they dont take as long to make .