PDA

View Full Version : Flash pro tune

thuggin2platinum
09-05-2011, 11:51 AM
sup guys/chicks.. just got flash pro, still in Iraq for now soo cant do anything yet but research and seen base tunes on flashprotuning.com .Just wondering if anybody has tried these or whats your input on them, sorry if this is a repost or if it was already covered..oh and want to get an opinion on what intake to get

LatinEM1
09-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Some of the base maps on there are really good. I ended up getting a E-tune from VitViper and it is pretty nice.

abcfreak
09-06-2011, 11:35 AM
No experiece with that site but I'd suggest magnesium. I believe he is on 8th Gen and k20a but if not his site shold be magtuning or magnesiumtuning. He's a great guy to work with and reasonably priced.

Bill Cosby
09-06-2011, 06:11 PM
my roommate used rulo from etunes and he really liked working with him

berny2435
09-07-2011, 08:57 AM
I would use some of the guys on Flashpro tunning. If you have questions, they use to be pretty responsive but I haven't been on there for a long time. I'm no expert, but I know how to road tune for Naturally aspirated. If you need help, I might be able to offer some assistance.

One thing to keep in mind is that some of the tunes are for 93 octane. Try to grab a cal that was based out of AZ or california that was done on our shatty 91. Fill up at a premium type gas station like shell, BP or chevron only.

thuggin2platinum
09-11-2011, 12:51 PM
thanks guys..I was thinking about using the E-tune and checked it out on youtube and looks a little hard to do. Then again I have never gone past the bolt ons with my previous cars..also ordered a fujita cai.. I might hit you up berny when i get back

berny2435
09-12-2011, 11:23 AM
The base maps can get you 95% there. If the Fujita CAI is similar to one that there is already a base map of, then you just select that MAP and then do some dataloging to verify. It's likely that some ignition timing needs pulled out. You might be able to get lucky and find someone with similar mods that has a good tune and if they are nice enough, they will share it with you. I haven't been that lucky in the past though.

Bruticus
09-20-2011, 03:19 AM
Why not just spend the money instead of gambling? You paid all that money for the car and the parts, why not just spend the $400 more?

JustinD
10-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Why not just spend the money instead of gambling? You paid all that money for the car and the parts, why not just spend the $400 more?

+1 save up until you have enough parts to warrant a real tune and just do it all at once.

thuggin2platinum
10-18-2011, 08:51 AM
thats very true and leaning more on justind side but just want a simple tune since I have flashpro already and get more parts then professional tune which I'll wait until I go to az since im stationed in kansas

ksboi
10-20-2011, 05:31 PM
I have my tune from estune if you like. But its set for fort huachuca high altitude.