PDA

View Full Version : ok i need some motivation/help

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
09-20-2011, 10:56 PM
ok well i have been a layze ass POS for way to long, and need to work on getting back in shape and other things.... I am going to attempt p90x this thur. ( the day i start vac. for 17 days) and want this to be my starting point and want to really push this.. also looking for someone in chandler that can push me to the max.. I have been slowly working on eating better( dont eat fast food just bad food aka beer) options for a better starting would help. Im hopping to quit drink (yes I have a drinking prob, 12 beers tonight..) currently i drink a protien shake in the mor, and eat a protien bar when i get to work. any help i would love.... please no bs.

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
09-20-2011, 11:13 PM
if it helps i ate a protien bar a yogart and 2 cheese sticks for brec, and two green monsters for lunch, and then beer since i have been home.. and yes sad to say all is true............

The God Damn Batman
09-21-2011, 12:29 PM
First go here..http://www.aamesaaz.org/

haha.. jk..
Limit the drinking even more.

So based of what you have said.. you're putting some very small portions of protein in your diet. You're going to need to do ALOT more than that.

Do you want to lose weight?
Gain mass?

Whats "back in shape" mean to you?

Dsquared Upholstery
09-21-2011, 02:14 PM
ok well i have been a layze ass POS for way to long, and need to work on getting back in shape and other things.... I am going to attempt p90x this thur. ( the day i start vac. for 17 days) and want this to be my starting point and want to really push this.. also looking for someone in chandler that can push me to the max.. I have been slowly working on eating better( dont eat fast food just bad food aka beer) options for a better starting would help. Im hopping to quit drink (yes I have a drinking prob, 12 beers tonight..) currently i drink a protien shake in the mor, and eat a protien bar when i get to work. any help i would love.... please no bs.

Let's start here. What does a typical day of eating look like for you?

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
09-21-2011, 05:38 PM
First go here..http://www.aamesaaz.org/

haha.. jk..
Limit the drinking even more.

So based of what you have said.. you're putting some very small portions of protein in your diet. You're going to need to do ALOT more than that.

Do you want to lose weight?
Gain mass?

Whats "back in shape" mean to you?

lol i really only drink like that when im cleaning about once a month, and the inside of the house looks amazing now, other that i only drink a few beers, but is almost every day..

Not to woried about losing weight but would like to slim down alittle and bulk back up.. Back in shape for me, well i would ike to get back into sports or mountain biking, but i wont last, i dont think i could run around my block right now if my life depended on it.

Let's start here. What does a typical day of eating look like for you?

I guess for starters i have always been a wierd eater.. like to day i ate a yogart, 2 cheese sticks, a protein bar, az ice tea and a lot of water, thats it and im still not hungry. My day started at 730 and i walked to and from work today, about 2 miles one way.

bb4arson
09-21-2011, 08:39 PM
stop drinking period .. you will loose the flap .. been there

intel
09-21-2011, 10:29 PM

what he said.

anyways im not gonna push you to the max but i could use a spotter on benching days. im in mesa and usually go to any of the 24hr fitnesses

The God Damn Batman
09-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Waiting for spec to enter this thread with his knowledge...

But you need to eat more! you metabolism is very slow.. so you need to lift. I would do cardio, then lift. Eat 6 meals a day. Keep doing the protein shakes etc.. but also keep you meals HEALTHY, white meat, lots of veggies etc. Thats pretty much what Im doing, but with more shakes because I need mass.

1badLst
09-22-2011, 02:51 PM
He needs to do cardio after he lifts so that hes not going into his lifting session already tired. Especially since the little bit that ive seen him eat, hes going to have damn near no carbs to keep him going. Honestly you seem like a giant mess to me and the first thing you need to do is stop drinking all together. If you cant do that your not going to succeed. Bottom line. Once you get yourself where you want to be then you can reintroduce some drinking into your life as a reward, because from what ive read it seems you cant have just 1.

Dsquared Upholstery
09-22-2011, 04:56 PM

But you need to eat more! you metabolism is very slow.. so you need to lift. I would do cardio, then lift. Eat 6 meals a day. Keep doing the protein shakes etc.. but also keep you meals HEALTHY, white meat, lots of veggies etc. Thats pretty much what Im doing, but with more shakes because I need mass.

Agree on the eating more part. However, you want to do cardio after you lift OR at a different time altogether if possible. I doubt you can eat 6 meals a day with you barely eating right now. Stick with a solid 3 or 4 meals a day. Plenty of chicken, steak and fish if you can. Also, rice pasta and lots of veggies as well. Maybe a shake or two here and there. You need simply to eat healthy before you worry about anything else and the subtle ins and outs of dieting.

It's be hard to cut out the beer BUT try and lower it if you can... think of your liver bud.

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
09-22-2011, 06:18 PM

will be doing that here soon..

what he said.

anyways im not gonna push you to the max but i could use a spotter on benching days. im in mesa and usually go to any of the 24hr fitnesses

let me know when you do.

My metabolism has always been slow.

He needs to do cardio after he lifts so that hes not going into his lifting session already tired. Especially since the little bit that ive seen him eat, hes going to have damn near no carbs to keep him going. Honestly you seem like a giant mess to me and the first thing you need to do is stop drinking all together. If you cant do that your not going to succeed. Bottom line. Once you get yourself where you want to be then you can reintroduce some drinking into your life as a reward, because from what ive read it seems you cant have just 1.

Well for starters im not a giant mess, am i perfect no but my shit is in order, so drinking really is no problem there and i do not feen for a beer ( have not had one today), yes it may be the reason i have gotten fat again or just that fack that i am lazy.

Agree on the eating more part. However, you want to do cardio after you lift OR at a different time altogether if possible. I doubt you can eat 6 meals a day with you barely eating right now. Stick with a solid 3 or 4 meals a day. Plenty of chicken, steak and fish if you can. Also, rice pasta and lots of veggies as well. Maybe a shake or two here and there. You need simply to eat healthy before you worry about anything else and the subtle ins and outs of dieting.

It's be hard to cut out the beer BUT try and lower it if you can... think of your liver bud.

I plan on keeping lifting and cardio as different days. ya 6 meals would be hard for me as i have never been able to eat over 3 even when i was active. I do also eat kinda healthy, and also picked up some protien powder today to start that.

The God Damn Batman
09-22-2011, 06:20 PM

sorry to thread jack..... but why after? I always thought you did cardio before?

Spec C
09-22-2011, 07:36 PM
sorry to thread jack..... but why after? I always thought you did cardio before?

You can do some " light" cardio(light being the key word) before as sort of a warmup, but you don't want cardio to impede your ability to get a solid workout.

I fucking hate cardio on lifting days in general, but since I am too blessed with an awesomely shitty metabolism, I end up having to do it, so I do it after.

Spec C
09-22-2011, 07:42 PM
ps. thread starter. Read this.
http://www.simplyshredded.com/layne-norton-the-most-effective-cutting-diet.html

That should be a pretty good starting point diet wise.

Endomorph 13 x bw for maintenance calories subtract 750 to lose 1.5lbs/wk on diet alone.
1.5g pro/lb of bw
25% of total calories from fat
Fill the rest of your allotment with carbs(try to get these around your workouts)

Eat 3-4 meals a day since I am sure you won't be able to keep up with 6.

What is your weight, I will be nice and do it for you, I am bored..hah

Profit.

nelsmar
09-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Lol ryan your metabolism is way better than mine stfu. If i look at water i gain weight. Come join me buddy, i finally quit drinking, and completely changed all my eating / daily habits.

On the cardio side, I prefer to do a 5-10 minute cardio (half walk half jog) just to get your vascular system warmed up, and then get to lifting. This will warm you up and I have always noticed a nice (though subtle) difference, as i don't have to do excessive warmup rep's to get my blood moving. I just started switching my cardio to night time after work, but i fucked up my legs somehow so thats been pretty pathetic.

You really need to change your diet drastically, and it wont be that difficult. You are extremely starved on protein and basic nutrients and you will need to bump that up. Simple thing to start with? A slice of whole grain bread or some oatmeal (preferable the oats, they have a high protein intake for what they are), and 2-3 egg's to start off. Or if you can deal with it go with 4-6 egg whites instead. Also make sure you spread you food out. You need to feed your body during the day so your body can repair & grow. Eating all at once will be horrible and your body will metabolize it and idle. You want to space food out so you can be feeding your body with nutrients thru out all the day.

If you need some idea's you've got my number. And if you want your welcome to come over to mi casa and lift with me so that you can get started, i have a home setup here. I've been getting back into it heavy, 1-1.5hr a day 6-7 days a week.

GL mate!

And P.S. This guy isn't fat or even chubby, well compared to me hahaha... Him cutting down to a lean body wouldn't take too much, he just needs to kick his ass off of all that sugar intake (alch etc) and increase some complex carbs & protein and get some cardio up.

People commonly overlook what it takes to gain. Food is 50% or more of the deal. If you don't eat, or don't eat right you simply will not see any gains, and or reverse. I am trying to drop some weight right now and i struggle to eat more than 1,200-1,500 calories a day, and I am still netting 75-100g protein a day. Not all calories are the same!!! Sugar does almost nothing for you, but puts a heavy load of calorie on your system to metabolize.

Spec C
09-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Sugar is not really all bad, used correctly. In many situations it is preferable to have simple carbs/sugars. The insulin/blood sugar response is not the same if you ingest a hand full of gummy bears on an empty stomach, as if you ingest a hand full of gummy bears with a steak, a big salad/veggies, etc.

I mean you probably don't want to be drinking monsters all day, with no actual substrate in your stomach, but a monster pre/intra/or post workout is do-able.

I should throw up pics of this kid I am working with, on his diet, who I have eating cinnamon toast crunch, white rice, baked lays, and also having HUGE ass carb refeeds on Saturday. He went from a 15+% chub, to 10%bf in about 7 weeks(before and after tested via BOD POD), and gained a smidge of muscle. No supps, or fat burners other then Protein/ BCAA/Creatine mono

nelsmar
09-22-2011, 11:32 PM
Sugar is not really all bad, used correctly. In many situations it is preferable to have simple carbs/sugars. The insulin/blood sugar response is not the same if you ingest a hand full of gummy bears on an empty stomach, as if you ingest a hand full of gummy bears with a steak, a big salad/veggies, etc.

I mean you probably don't want to be drinking monsters all day, with no actual substrate in your stomach, but a monster pre/intra/or post workout is do-able.

I should throw up pics of this kid I am working with, on his diet, who I have eating cinnamon toast crunch, white rice, baked lays, and also having HUGE ass carb refeeds on Saturday. He went from a 15+% chub, to 10%bf in about 7 weeks(before and after tested via BOD POD), and gained a smidge of muscle. No supps, or fat burners other then Protein/ BCAA/Creatine mono

Yeah i just mean in general, eating high sugar all the time, vs mixing it. And oh man... i can't do an energy drink before a work out, i feel so ill!

edit: and yes there are benefits to sugars, when i start my creatine load i will be doing it with a large simple sugar intake for the first 3 days. I haven been lifting for a while and going to try to kick it in.

Dsquared Upholstery
09-23-2011, 09:19 AM

Lots of people have different theories on that. Basically, you wear yourself out and have little left to move the iron

1badLst
09-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Hey Spec I'm thinking of doing the bod pod when im done this run of supps. How do you like it?

Spec C
09-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Hey Spec I'm thinking of doing the bod pod when im done this run of supps. How do you like it?

It is ok. I find the leaner you get the more inaccurate it gets. Things like glycogen/water can really effect the reading to a considerable degree.

It measure's "fat mass" and "fat free mass" ie. "lean body mass" LBM is made up of water, glycogen, muscle, minerals, etc.

So if you go in depleted and weigh in at say 180 for the test, then do a big refeed and retest a day later and weigh 190 it can show you gained a substantial amount of "lean body mass" . We actually had to try and time the test around refeeds so they were atleast as consistent as we could make them.

I think it is "ok", but IMO wouldn't use it to track progress, as a simple caliper reading can show if you are gaining/losing based on the skinfold. For a BF number it is cool to see what you are though, so I would atleast do it!

At his 15% starting this kid was leaner then most of these people you see say they are 11-12%.lol At 15% his back was dry as shit, and really only carried the majority of fat on his abs/stomach. I am trying to talk him into doing a natty show, as I think he could earn a natty pro-card fairly easy. He has awesome structure, especially from the back.

If you do it, post the results.

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
09-24-2011, 09:48 AM
Thanks guys for the advise and link. I have been eating more and taking in more protien. As of right now i have been jogging day/night and doing push ups ( that shit is hard marin) for my starter. Im going to work on lifting here in a few days.

nelsmar
10-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks guys for the advise and link. I have been eating more and taking in more protien. As of right now i have been jogging day/night and doing push ups ( that shit is hard marin) for my starter. Im going to work on lifting here in a few days.

:thumbsup: it sucks at first, give it 2-4 weeks and you won't be bothered. Glad to hear your eating!!! :) I keep falling to short on my intake the last few days... grrrrr.

hondafan2
10-21-2011, 07:49 PM

He doesn't have to stop drinking completely, I didn't and was in shape again. I weighted197lbs at one point. Started doing squaw peak for about 2 months and not drinking as much beer and I got down to 155 lbs. Everyone was like "are you on drugs?" I was like fuck you guys, quit hating, now I'm 180 because I stop hiking this year and running and reduced fast food consumption big time. I will start again next month. It's fucking hard to restart working out, specially when you are full of stress. I don't know about you guys but I don't believe on being motivated, more like if you really want it, go for it and really don't bs yourself . Eye candy wouldn't hurt, don't get me wrong

hondafan2
10-21-2011, 07:52 PM
Just noticed the op hasn't checked back in about a month

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
10-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Motivation, i guess the reason i say that is because i worked nights for 3 years, and now work mornings (as of now 3 months) and by the time i get home im done, but

So far i am still working on the 100 push up that Marin showed me, I have been eating better and try for 3 meals still cant do breakfest but never have, and i run my dog every night. Other than that nothing else, needing to find some one to start doing more with kinda sucks on my own.. Oh and have cu down on drinking.