PDA

View Full Version : New to EM2s. My project/daily

Jutt
10-02-2011, 07:15 PM
New guy here. I'm Ryan, lurked in the section a while and ive been on the site for a while from when I had an integra (year-ish ago) Anyways. Figured it was about time i contributed to the forum. Here is my car as it sits now.

04 EX
5 speed 63k D17A2
Lowered 2" Neuspeed coils K sport camber kit, Neuspeed strut bar as well.
AEM v2 intake
DC ceramic 4-1 headers.
Enkei 17s and Kumho Zetum tires.

Thats all thats really worth mentioning though there is other little things (always is right?)

Plans:
1. Pay it off
2. 5-6 lbs of boost, will be in a while though.

Here is a pic for you. I am no photographer.

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx342/JuttsPics/Civic/P92701982.jpg

Give me feedback, I know im gonna get told to K swap it but i have never had a turbo car and want to figure out what all the hypes about. Plan on doing all my research before anything happens though so it will be a while.

MrRline2010
10-03-2011, 03:42 AM
Black out headlights might be a nice mod to go with teh HFP kit. Also I perfer the sedan grill over the coupe one. If you are interested 38 bucks at certifit plus finding someone for paint can make the car look very different along with blacking out the headlights. As far as the turbo goes Ask Infracted on here he had plentty of problems with his boosted setup you are better off to go with a k and have more reliable power. Boosting will run you nearly as much, but at this point before you do anything else I'd say pay it off.

Btw looking good so far buddy somene in az gets it!

dsack
10-03-2011, 02:19 PM
hello welcome ,
nice and clean civic you have there..

Rufus
10-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Eh boost was a blast in mine. I just popped a few headgaskets. I'd do it all over again though.

D17em2
10-04-2011, 12:25 AM
ur front bumper looks diffrent i havent seen one like that

civicarlos
10-04-2011, 02:06 PM
ur front bumper looks diffrent i havent seen one like that

hfp lip kit

D17em2
10-04-2011, 09:34 PM
should of kept it normal in my opinion..but everyone has there car to there own taste

luis8585
10-05-2011, 12:32 AM
mas puto lol

Rufus
10-05-2011, 07:33 AM
Lol it is simple. Those are OEM parts.

The God Damn Batman
10-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Love this car.

Jutt
10-07-2011, 12:09 AM
Thanks guys for the welcome and comments. I love this thing. From what i have read about the D17 there is not a lot of love for them. But i really enjoy this thing. Maybe its the bolt ons, or maybe its the fact that my only other Honda was Non-VTEC, but either way i find it entertaining to drive it.

And yes btw i like the look of a bumper w/o a lip but this kit is all factory and growing on me pretty quick, i just had it painted so i dont really want to take it off, but on the other hand i hate going over speed bumps crooked at half the speed of smell as well.

Plans for this thing are pretty minimal at the moment because all my other hobbies are also expensive lol

BTW. I have NEVER seen another EM2 that was not a designated grocery getter. Where are all you people at or is this model a dying fad?

Oh and INFRACTED: Did you use a custom kit or did you buy a Dezod or TSI. I'd be interested to hear more about your setup, and how much boost you were running? My goal is mid to high 13s. I don't plan on beating my brothers LS1 Camaro, but it would sure be nice to annoy him with my headlights in his rearview not too far behind.

dsack
10-07-2011, 12:26 AM
k series be the key and yes can be a little expensive..
i am new to my em2 ,its just a daily driven vehicle and
maybe a em2 meet can be planed

D17em2
10-07-2011, 01:24 AM
Yea there's not alot to do with a d17 that's why I go with slow n low unless u have a k20 that's why I'm going more for looks then motor..yea we should have like a small em2 meet since there's not alot of us with em2s

Rufus
10-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Oh and INFRACTED: Did you use a custom kit or did you buy a Dezod or TSI. I'd be interested to hear more about your setup, and how much boost you were running? My goal is mid to high 13s. I don't plan on beating my brothers LS1 Camaro, but it would sure be nice to annoy him with my headlights in his rearview not too far behind.

I pieced it together. Most valuable component was kpro. I ran under 6psi. Look up my Rufus SN on Civicforums.com and you'll find gobs of info.

http://www.civicforums.com/forums/22-site-news/308825-winner-rotm-june-rufus.html

http://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/318592-fire-killed-my-car-tonight-final-photoshoot-page-1-a.html

Jutt
10-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Alright thanks for those links and after seeing that thread i'm thinking my first addition should be an extinguisher. Sorry about your car, looked VERY clean, but on the plus side a Lexus isnt too shabby!

Rufus
10-07-2011, 03:08 PM
The Lexus has been gone for months.... replaced it with an s2k.

MrRline2010
10-10-2011, 05:55 AM
The Lexus has been gone for months.... replaced it with an s2k.

Hey rufus if you dont mind throwing me a pm how much did the s2k run you?

bseries1320
10-10-2011, 01:24 PM
how did your car just randomly catch fire?burning up clutch

MrRline2010
10-10-2011, 11:52 PM

Think it was an electrical issue. He was driving lost power then fire I think if I remember correctly?

Rufus
10-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Hey rufus if you dont mind throwing me a pm how much did the s2k run you?

$7,800 initially but I flew to Texas to get it. I've probably put $4500 into it since. New interior, new wheels, new paint, stereo, etc.

Stereo shut off, clutch pedal was dead. I had to pull over and let it stall. I figure either the 0 gauge wire came off the battery and started a fire, or the clutch line broke, sprayed fluid and started a fire. The damage was too severe so State Farm didn't investigate deeper. When I pulled over it was just smoke. After about 5 seconds of the hood being popped I saw fire on the firewall.

Think it was an electrical issue. He was driving lost power then fire I think if I remember correctly?

See above.

The God Damn Batman
10-11-2011, 10:25 AM
If you still have the vid you should show this guy. I died a little inside seeing it burn, felt like I was Hitler and your car was Jewish..wait.. wut?

Rufus
10-11-2011, 11:01 AM
I didn't take video

The God Damn Batman
10-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Hmm maybe it was a different car. Could have sworn there was. Nevermind then.