PDA

View Full Version : pcv valve on b16.

Slo_sohc
10-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Ok guys, i was told to to change my pcv valve on my b16. Thing is, i have no clue what or where a pcv valve is. If you could further explain this i would appreciate it.

ek9typer
10-17-2011, 07:44 PM
It is located on the intake manifold along the base where it meets the cylinder head . One end should have a hose going to the intake and the bottom end going to the black box on the lower back side of ur engine block .

Slo_sohc
10-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Ok i checked it out and i noticed that there is onnly one hose leading to the box. What happens with just the one hose hooked up?

ek9typer
10-21-2011, 09:42 PM
I once forgot to install my Pcv valve inline the black box and the intake manifold . It smoked like a bitch so bad i didn't even wanna drive it . I let it run for a few minutes at idle and it burned off like 3quarts of oil in a matter of minutes. I put it on after after realizing I had forgotten it and it stopped smoking as soon as the oil burned out the exhaust. I never knew a Pcv valve was that important , but now I do.

Slo_sohc
10-24-2011, 07:24 AM
I once forgot to install my Pcv valve inline the black box and the intake manifold . It smoked like a bitch so bad i didn't even wanna drive it . I let it run for a few minutes at idle and it burned off like 3quarts of oil in a matter of minutes. I put it on after after realizing I had forgotten it and it stopped smoking as soon as the oil burned out the exhaust. I never knew a Pcv valve was that important , but now I do.

Holy crap thats crazy! Well i havent been smoking or anything, only idles rough. i was told that it may be my injectors that are causing it to idle funky.

88todab16crx
10-24-2011, 07:54 AM
You can disable this by getting rid of that can and getting a breather kit for it (Endyn type or locash racing catch cans) and then you don't have to reburn the fumes coming thru there. Locash racing has all the fittings for this.