PDA

View Full Version : Summer is over! Goals?

Spec C
11-03-2011, 09:41 AM
So now that it is getting colder, and summer is over, what is your goals for the fall/winter months?

Dirt McGirk
11-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Bulk as much as I can. So im nice and chubby for next summer.

I went from about 205 to 192 over the summer. Id like to fatten back up to around 210.

Spec C
11-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Im trying to get to about 210-215 myself, while keeping fat gain at a minimum.

Hoping to get my DL, and Squat over 500 as well. I pulled 475 a week ago, so I am getting there.

Dsquared Upholstery
11-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Id like to tip over 210 or so, jsut as hard and lean. Im right around 200 with a full belly. Not sure about a show yet, still just a widdle guy

1badLst
11-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Im going to bulk to about 200 lets hope. maybe 205 if all the cards fall right. and then im going to Take a fight and cut all the beautiful mass I put on and hopefully put another W next to my name.

Spec C
11-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Id like to tip over 210 or so, jsut as hard and lean. Im right around 200 with a full belly. Not sure about a show yet, still just a widdle guy
Good luck man! Stepping on stage should be an interesting experience!

I am too anti social for that shit..haha
Im going to bulk to about 200 lets hope. maybe 205 if all the cards fall right. and then im going to Take a fight and cut all the beautiful mass I put on and hopefully put another W next to my name.

Sounds like a fun time! Let me know when the fight is, I would love to come check that out. I think you can blast past 200 no problem man. Just put your fork to your face..LOL

Dsquared Upholstery
11-03-2011, 04:24 PM

I'm in to go watch your fight. Ive never been to one in person

1badLst
11-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Theyre a lot of fun in person when theyre the smaller events like rage in the cage because you can still actually get decently close enough to see the action

nelsmar
11-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Get back to where i was before i met my ex. LOL! GOT DISSSSS

1badLst
11-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Yeah im ramping up the food intake for sure because I need to groooooooowwwwwwwwwww

Spec C
11-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Yeah im ramping up the food intake for sure because I need to groooooooowwwwwwwwwww
hah.. man if I had your genetics for not being a tub of shit, I would be eating like a mother fucker.
Theyre a lot of fun in person when theyre the smaller events like rage in the cage because you can still actually get decently close enough to see the action
I have never been to a fight in person either, but I imagine the worst part of the ordeal is all the drunken wanna be UFC'ers in the audience/parking lot acting like douche bags..lol

Dsquared Upholstery
11-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Keep us posted.

bb4arson
11-05-2011, 03:41 AM
quit lifting .

its to hard .

to much dedication .

Spec C
11-05-2011, 07:58 AM
lol.. That is how I felt yesterday.. I REALLY need a week off. I was in the gym and my head was just not there.. It sucked.

Dsquared Upholstery
11-06-2011, 02:56 PM
quit lifting .

its to hard .

to much dedication .

Lol everyone goes through that. Take a day or week off. You wont lose all you've worked for.

lol.. That is how I felt yesterday.. I REALLY need a week off. I was in the gym and my head was just not there.. It sucked.

Lol, same thing. Im there myself, only trained 3x this week. Lost motivation with being so darn busy lately. Such is life fellas, we dont look like this because we give up when we get bored.:wave1:

bb4arson
11-08-2011, 03:36 AM

i was kidding guys..

you know what ...for some reason i actually like doing cardio .when winter comes around .. i dont know why but i do ..

i want to try some crossfit training stuff ,i have not researched yet ,but i shall soon enough

Spec C
11-08-2011, 01:18 PM
i want to try some crossfit training stuff ,i have not researched yet ,but i shall soon enough

Crossfit is OK depending on your goals. It isn't really my "cup O tea", but I see its value.

Those fucking crossfit gyms are like $100 a month, that shit is crazy!

bb4arson
11-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Crossfit is OK depending on your goals. It isn't really my "cup O tea", but I see its value.

I just want to try something new.

Im kinda bored with slow pace lifts at the moment

Dsquared Upholstery
11-08-2011, 06:03 PM

Im not really into the crossfit but it's pretty cool for actually getting into shape. Price is pretty high at all the gyms ive looked into

Spec C
11-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Im not really into the crossfit but it's pretty cool for actually getting into shape. Price is pretty high at all the gyms ive looked into
Yea they are crazy money.

I just want to try something new.

Im kinda bored with slow pace lifts at the moment

Try a new program. I was feeling that way a couple months back, and ran through John Meadows "Mountain Dog Training" and it was fun as fuck. He has a lot of new movements, tweaks on existing exercises, unique rep schemes, etc. I enjoyed it a lot. If you don't have mental intensity, and the ability to fight through agony, then it isn't for you.

I wouldn't mind hiring him for a custom 12wk plan, just to see what else he can come up with, and help me bring up some weak points.

bb4arson
11-11-2011, 03:12 AM
Yea they are crazy money.

Try a new program. I was feeling that way a couple months back, and ran through John Meadows "Mountain Dog Training" and it was fun as fuck. He has a lot of new movements, tweaks on existing exercises, unique rep schemes, etc. I enjoyed it a lot. If you don't have mental intensity, and the ability to fight through agony, then it isn't for you.

I wouldn't mind hiring him for a custom 12wk plan, just to see what else he can come up with, and help me bring up some weak points.

Link?

Spec C
11-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Youtube channel(http://www.youtube.com/user/mountaindog1?blend=24&ob=5).

Legs:
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/enormous_and_strong_legs_the_mountain_dog_way

Back:
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/a_monstrous_back_the_mountain_dog_way

Chest:
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/chest_obliteration_mountain_dog_style

Shoulders:
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/shoulder_training_the_mountain_dog_way

Arms:
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/mountain_dog_arms

Since you are a beginner intermediate I would follow these guidelines for total volume if you decide to proceed.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/content/mountain-dog-training-613/

bmxican
11-16-2011, 02:22 AM
gayfit lol....

I really would love to just get chunky monkey but it backfired way to much last winter. Just trying to maintain/eat what I want during holidays. I am keeping the cardio at 3xs a week to stay/hover 10lbs give or take. This time starting jan. I will do 12weeks of a strict diet. follow a nice protocol and then try to coast/continue to drop weight till I get into the 6-8% BF range. I want really nice abs this coming summer. I had meh ones this last summer, but I want some good ones this time around.

1badLst
11-22-2011, 04:36 PM
well im walking around at about 202lbs now. Going to shoot for 205 at least. We'll see jiu jitsu and boxing feel at this weight lol.

Dsquared Upholstery
11-22-2011, 04:49 PM
well im walking around at about 202lbs now. Going to shoot for 205 at least. We'll see jiu jitsu and boxing feel at this weight lol.

Looking good. Nice pecs, traps etc. Low bf as well. I've been super off my game lately but I just bumped up my eating and after a few months of merely existing, it's time to pack some lb's on this frame.

1badLst
11-22-2011, 05:01 PM
thats my prob is not eating enough. i prob wouldve already been over 205 if my ass just ate more lol. thanks for the support man. ive deemed this month grovember

Dsquared Upholstery
11-22-2011, 05:25 PM
thats my prob is not eating enough. i prob wouldve already been over 205 if my ass just ate more lol. thanks for the support man. ive deemed this month grovember

That's the issue. Growth is injectible... as in injecting lots of quality food in you mouth. If you eat what you normally eat but perhaps increase everything a bit or add another meal you have to grow. That's all I'm doing so we'll have to see how it goes.

Spec C
11-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Damn brotha! Good progress!

Get some shakes with a couple scoops of almond butter, peanut butter, etc or even evoo. Just get the cals down, liquid or not. Get some PB&CO Cinnamon Rasin PB, that shit is amazing, eat like 4 table spoons of that with a shake between meals..;)

Carry some nuts or trail mix around, whatever you can.

I got the opposite problem..lol I could eat all fucking day. I get fat so fucking easy though. God damn genetics.

I think I am going to have to just get big and doughy to get where I wanna go though.. Might have to suck it up, and walk around a chubbo for a while..hah:(

1badLst
11-22-2011, 06:01 PM
thanks man. I definitely got thicker this time around at least a little bit. Now I just gotta keep it up. Im gonna try the whole almond butter or peanut butter in my shakes and do about 4 of them a day using bsn tru mass.

Spec C
11-22-2011, 06:48 PM
thanks man. I definitely got thicker this time around at least a little bit. Now I just gotta keep it up. Im gonna try the whole almond butter or peanut butter in my shakes and do about 4 of them a day using bsn tru mass.

There ya go! Nut butters are super calorie dense. PB&Co makes some killer PB's in various flavors. Also look out for maple almond butter, and maple cashew butter. Both are amazing additions to shakes as well.

I wish I had your problem man..haha

bmxican
11-23-2011, 12:35 AM
wish I didn't eat so much really. I go calorie surplus so easy. Going to post pics in the beginning of Jan to show my transformation of fat dud to some what fit milk dud lmfao!

Spec C
11-23-2011, 08:02 AM
wish I didn't eat so much really. I go calorie surplus so easy. Going to post pics in the beginning of Jan to show my transformation of fat dud to some what fit milk dud lmfao!

Post em up man!!

I am the same way. My metabolism blows so if calories get away from me even in the slightest, I get FAT, and quick.

So far for me intermittent fasting is the easiest way for me to stay lean, and most enjoyable way to eat/live. I am not a slave to eating so many effing times a day.

Now I just need to see how effective I can make it for pure mass gains.

Spec C
12-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Hoping to get my DL, and Squat over 500 as well. I pulled 475 a week ago, so I am getting there.

Well goal 1 down, and I haven't even started my "gaining" season yet.

Pulled a 500 DL yesterday. I trained with a PL, I met on another board, and basically it was decided I would do 500 or fail trying. Happy to say I got it. Picked up some nice pointers as well. I am pretty excited about it.

Session went like this:
DL
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 1
455 x 1
480 x 1
500 x 1

BB Shrugs:
315 x 12
405 x 10
495 x 5-6
315 x 12+

Dsquared Upholstery
12-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Well goal 1 down, and I haven't even started my "gaining" season yet.

Pulled a 500 DL yesterday. I trained with a PL, I met on another board, and basically it was decided I would do 500 or fail trying. Happy to say I got it. Picked up some nice pointers as well. I am pretty excited about it.

Session went like this:
DL
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 1
455 x 1
480 x 1
500 x 1

BB Shrugs:
315 x 12
405 x 10
495 x 5-6
315 x 12+

Solid numbers. We need to get a session in sometime. You open to hitting some legs next week?

Spec C
12-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Solid numbers. We need to get a session in sometime. You open to hitting some legs next week?
Thanks man. I was happy as hell with it as it was a goal of mine.

What day? How about wed? I am free all day pretty much(except closer to dinner)

I have been back to DC training, and typically hit bi's/legs on wed, but am down to just do an all out leg annihilation..haha

bb4arson
12-12-2011, 01:07 AM
are those lifts raw Spec? the dl?

Spec C
12-12-2011, 08:48 AM
are those lifts raw Spec? the dl?

Yea. I don't own any gear, or even a belt for that matter.

I did use straps on the 500 pull, but less because I "have" to, and more because I have 3 screws holding my middle finger together, and 500lbs pulling on it, is no bueno..lol

Dsquared Upholstery
12-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Im so down for a solid leg day trashing. Maybe friday afternoon? I get off at 12.

LSVkid
12-12-2011, 05:45 PM
man i want to just gain some fat :smackself: .. im 5'11 and only weigh 110

Dsquared Upholstery
12-12-2011, 05:50 PM
You should see a doctor, seriously. you've likely got some serious issues going on

Spec C
12-12-2011, 06:34 PM
You should see a doctor, seriously. you've likely got some serious issues going on
haha
Im so down for a solid leg day trashing. Maybe friday afternoon? I get off at 12.

This week I usually hit legs wed, then fri repeat mondays bodyparts(different movements) but if you really are down, I will skip legs wed, just hit bi's/tri's, do my other shit on thursday, and then smash the shit out of legs Friday. Like 130-2pm would be perfect.

Just let me know what you think.

How much is a day pass at your gym?

Dsquared Upholstery
12-12-2011, 07:54 PM
haha

This week I usually hit legs wed, then fri repeat mondays bodyparts(different movements) but if you really are down, I will skip legs wed, just hit bi's/tri's, do my other shit on thursday, and then smash the shit out of legs Friday. Like 130-2pm would be perfect.

Just let me know what you think.

How much is a day pass at your gym?

Yeah, im 100% serious. My gym is in Scottsdale but im sure if we roll into a place and say we want to try it out we can get a free pass for the week.

Spec C
12-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Print off an la fitness 7 day pass and we can meet there.

Dsquared Upholstery
12-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Ok, ill do it at work on friday

bmxican
12-12-2011, 10:12 PM
man i want to just gain some fat :smackself: .. im 5'11 and only weigh 110

come to the buffets and talk to my girl little debbie. We can help.

bb4arson
12-13-2011, 02:08 AM
come to the buffets and talk to my girl little debbie. We can help.

how much do you weight at the moment ?

rjbirch
12-13-2011, 02:31 AM
My goal is to get back into the gym. Sounds easily attainable, but I suffered a couple concussions last year playing rugby and I got back into the gym too soon, and I'm really paying for it. Embarrassing as it is, I'm really having to baby it. I definitely know how Sydney Crosby feels, that's for sure.

Spec C
12-13-2011, 07:12 AM
My goal is to get back into the gym. Sounds easily attainable, but I suffered a couple concussions last year playing rugby and I got back into the gym too soon, and I'm really paying for it. Embarrassing as it is, I'm really having to baby it. I definitely know how Sydney Crosby feels, that's for sure.

Do what you have to do. No reason to push it, and make things worse!

Ok, ill do it at work on friday
Sounds good. I will save legs for Friday.

rjbirch
12-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Yeah true that, and that's why I'm where I'm at now (pushing it). It's just hard to get back into it slowly because it feels like I'm a 7th grader trying to lift in a weight room alongside NFL players

Spec C
12-13-2011, 08:27 PM
Yeah true that, and that's why I'm where I'm at now (pushing it). It's just hard to get back into it slowly because it feels like I'm a 7th grader trying to lift in a weight room alongside NFL players

Come hit legs Friday with D and I. keep the weight light, and kill it with intensity.

bmxican
12-13-2011, 11:23 PM

concussions are no joke, I had some and wow was I an idiot! I had TWO concussion one after another. I used to bmx. I was doing a wall ride and got caught up and boom slammed my face to pavement. OUT, apparently I woke up wobbled and shit slammed face first again, (good friends huh lol). I have no idea how I got home, but I apparently I rode my bike home. I then proceeded to sleep for over 28 hours almost consecutively. Still didn't "feel right" forced my mom to take me to the hospital and well thats when all the scans and diagnosing showed how bad I effed my peanut brain up.

sorry for the story, but don't push hard bro those head injuries linger like no other!

edit- I had two more concussions playing football and thats when I said EFF this!

bmxican
12-13-2011, 11:26 PM
how much do you weight at the moment ?

no idea, i will post pics soon. I really stop going by the scale and doing more mirror scaling. I gain fat easily though, so I know I got at least a good 30lbs to lose at the moment. to be really shredded. My goal is lose 15-25 so i get my abs visible again though. I'm not really going to try to do the super shreded thing again. My body just rejects it soo fast, its waaaay to much sacrifice for someone that has no plans on competing ever.

rjbirch
12-13-2011, 11:28 PM
concussions are no joke, I had some and wow was I an idiot! I had TWO concussion one after another. I used to bmx. I was doing a wall ride and got caught up and boom slammed my face to pavement. OUT, apparently I woke up wobbled and shit slammed face first again, (good friends huh lol). I have no idea how I got home, but I apparently I rode my bike home. I then proceeded to sleep for over 28 hours almost consecutively. Still didn't "feel right" forced my mom to take me to the hospital and well thats when all the scans and diagnosing showed how bad I effed my peanut brain up.

sorry for the story, but don't push hard bro those head injuries linger like no other!

edit- I had two more concussions playing football and thats when I said EFF this!

Yeah man concussions are nuts. I was a band kid in high school (flame on) so I wasn't in any sports programs so rugby was my first sport since I had stopped playing baseball at like 15. First game of the season I went head to head with a Polynesian. Same thing. OUT. Apparently I stumbled around and had to be carried off the field. Bad business. Doctor's orders: no weights, no cardio, no practice, NOTHING, for 10 WEEKS.

Spec C
12-14-2011, 07:09 AM
no idea, i will post pics soon. I really stop going by the scale and doing more mirror scaling. I gain fat easily though, so I know I got at least a good 30lbs to lose at the moment. to be really shredded. My goal is lose 15-25 so i get my abs visible again though. I'm not really going to try to do the super shreded thing again. My body just rejects it soo fast, its waaaay to much sacrifice for someone that has no plans on competing ever.

You sound just like me. Lol

from now on staying at 12% for the summers is fine. I can't worry about being single digits just to lose it the minute I stop doing 1hr of cardio a day. Lol

dohc666
12-14-2011, 03:54 PM
new to azht but,... just hit the gym take my creatine and protein been going to the gym for a year by summer i should look good

bmxican
12-14-2011, 08:48 PM
You sound just like me. Lol

from now on staying at 12% for the summers is fine. I can't worry about being single digits just to lose it the minute I stop doing 1hr of cardio a day. Lol

I know!!! I see these doods or like my brother can just stay soo effn lean and don't even try. Cardio hah just enough to stay in the high singles. I am going to just be staying in the 9-12% like you said. Definitely watch and keep some cardio in the winter.

bmxican
12-14-2011, 08:49 PM
new to azht but,... just hit the gym take my creatine and protein been going to the gym for a year by summer i should look good

as long as you eat clean, some cardio and the INTENSITY is there you will look better!

Spec C
12-14-2011, 09:40 PM
What is your current weight and bf right now bmx? how tall are ya?

bmxican
12-14-2011, 11:07 PM
exactly 6ft and hmmmm again haven't been on a scale but I have to be hovering at a fat 220. trying to get to a solid 225 one day. So for now I gotta get back down to 190ish and work back up!

bmxican
12-15-2011, 08:52 PM
I don't think eating a dozen of home made cookies and a giant ass piece of cheese cake is helping my diet.

bb4arson
12-16-2011, 12:14 PM
I am 184 at the moment not sure on bf. But im 5 11.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Spec C
12-16-2011, 12:30 PM
I don't think eating a dozen of home made cookies and a giant ass piece of cheese cake is helping my diet.
hah.. yea. These damn holidays are rough. I have been being good for the most part. Luckally I do weekly refeeds which get out most of my junk food cravings. I got a lot of shit lined up for tomorrow.

Sugar Cookie pop-tarts are amazing BTW..;)

I am 184 at the moment not sure on bf. But im 5 11.

How is training going ?

bb4arson
12-16-2011, 04:37 PM
How is training going ?

Alot better man i have had a spotter lately so. My lifts have been going up.

I finally got to a 415 dead lift. Rather easy btw.. I think i could get 455.. But by the end of sets my backs is exhausted.
This is how i got it.
Leg curl
150x8
160x5
170x 3
Really slow

Dl
225x10 i stopped because it just felt like i was going to do to many
315x 8 i stopped at that because i was going to try 415 and i wasnt sure if i could get it uber tired
415x 1 yay! I felt another one in me but my back was not feeling it.
I kinda want to get a belt, for my heavier sets on dl. I dont want to rely on a belt though.
I did use straps for the 415 dl though.

I have a rather small for arm. But it is growing. Ive been doing alot of power clean /should presses (not sure what that is called)
My goal is to get to 500 x1

bb4arson
12-16-2011, 04:39 PM

I finally got to a 415 dead lift. Rather easy btw.. I think i could get 455.. But by the end of sets my backs is exhausted.
This is how i got it.
Leg curl
150x8
160x5
170x 3
Really slow

Dl
315x 8 i stopped at that because i was going to try 415 and i wasnt sure if i could get it uber tired
I kinda want to get a belt, for my heavier sets on dl. I dont want to rely on a belt though.

I have a rather small for arm. But it is growing. Ive been doing alot of power clean /should presses (not sure what that is called)

But i need major help on growing my chest.
Im not sure if its in my genetics or something.. But my brother has a rather big chest. Although he is shorter than me.

Spec C
12-16-2011, 08:05 PM

This is how i got it.
Leg curl
150x8
160x5
170x 3
Really slow

Dl

Awesome man!

We should have a AZHT session one of these days. You, D, big bad lst, etc.

Dsquared Upholstery
12-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Im in. Had a great workout with Spec. Considering joining a local gym to start training with him on the regular

Spec C
12-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Good training with ya! Glad we finally made it happen.

Now we need to smash chest as hard as legs..hah

bmxican
12-16-2011, 09:48 PM
I hurty my left tit doing dips today ruined my chest workout. I had no excuse but to do hour of cardio, ugh.

Dsquared Upholstery
12-17-2011, 12:31 AM
Good training with ya! Glad we finally made it happen.

Now we need to smash chest as hard as legs..hah

This is the most my legs have been trashed since I trained with Dj. I love it

Spec C
12-19-2011, 12:18 AM
Well just met another goal. At 10pm my powerlifting buddy hit me up to have a bench session. I was about to go to bed, but said "fuck it". I have never really don't much flat BB benching as it isn't really thought of too highly in DC Training. A goal was to hit 315.

I did 315 with 2 sets of clips(inside joke), and then got 320....

I am happy.
This is the most my legs have been trashed since I trained with Dj. I love it

Werd, it was fun. And we didn't even hit the horizontal leg press..haha

Dsquared Upholstery
12-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Well just met another goal. At 10pm my powerlifting buddy hit me up to have a bench session. I was about to go to bed, but said "fuck it". I have never really don't much flat BB benching as it isn't really thought of too highly in DC Training. A goal was to hit 315.

I did 315 with 2 sets of clips(inside joke), and then got 320....

I am happy.

Werd, it was fun. And we didn't even hit the horizontal leg press..haha

Let's hit shoulders this week. Text me, I have a new phone so no contacts

Spec C
12-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Let's hit shoulders this week. Text me, I have a new phone so no contacts

Will do.. I got your pm here late last night.

Dsquared Upholstery
12-23-2011, 01:37 PM
Wanting to pound some legs out again with spec if he's in. Anyone else want to join?

Spec C
12-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Shit I saw this too late :(

I will print off a week pass to Mt Side if you wanna try and hit up a few sessions there this coming week!

Dsquared Upholstery
12-24-2011, 10:17 PM
Canceling my membership this week. Gonna train at mountainside at night with my Old lady. Be cool if you could start training with me

Dsquared Upholstery
01-17-2012, 11:24 AM
Been hitting it hard the last few weeks, got some good supps and an even better diet so I'm optomistic. Starting to beome a lot more full all over but of course Im not touching a scale for the nexst few months... messes with the head ya know. Working out with Spec here and there is also pretty motivating. Where's everyone else at?

Spec C
01-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Good work!

Im still plugging away, shoveling food in my face...lol Up to about 201-203.

I am getting a bit burned out/run down from the added heavy sessions with my buddy... I am not recovering for shit, and I feel achy all over. I need to take it easy for a few days and try to get a ton of sleep.

jdmcivic1
01-17-2012, 09:54 PM
At work, there is a Biggest loser contest going on. I would say an easy 100 people participate every year and can win cool prizes. However, there is never anything for us little guys who are trying to get bigger. So, I got about 6 dudes who are weighing in tomorrow for the biggest gainer over the next 3 months!

Of course, going off lean muscle and can use any supps minus test boosters. This should be some added motivation and push each other even more than just the usual trash talking on a daily basis.

Koopa Troopa
01-17-2012, 10:49 PM

I'm completely oblivious to your experience level but make sure you focus on lots o' cardio and endurance training with all that muscle or risk the Bob Sapp effect

Dsquared Upholstery
01-18-2012, 08:42 AM
At work, there is a Biggest loser contest going on. I would say an easy 100 people participate every year and can win cool prizes. However, there is never anything for us little guys who are trying to get bigger. So, I got about 6 dudes who are weighing in tomorrow for the biggest gainer over the next 3 months!

Of course, going off lean muscle and can use any supps minus test boosters. This should be some added motivation and push each other even more than just the usual trash talking on a daily basis.

How do you plan to measure lean muscle? The idea is novel but I dont know how practical.

Spec C
01-18-2012, 10:12 AM
How do you plan to measure lean muscle? The idea is novel but I dont know how practical.

x2 You would need to get a bodpod or something and even that is easy to skew an extra few lbs of LBM with water, etc.

And why aren't test boosters legal to use? lol They increase test to such a marginal degree it doesn't translate into much, other then sex drive typically.

I'm completely oblivious to your experience level but make sure you focus on lots o' cardio and endurance training with all that muscle or risk the Bob Sapp effect
Kind of an odd suggestion being as the quote you quoted says he does BJJ and Boxing, both are extreme cardio workouts.

jdmcivic1
01-18-2012, 11:23 AM

We have a health clinic onsite with a tanita body composition scale. So we'll be able to track our body fat, fat mass and fat free mass every week.

We have one guy who is more of an all natural type of guy and wants to it to be a more level playing field, so we all agreed to no test boosters.

Dsquared Upholstery
01-18-2012, 11:36 AM
If you inject test it's technically not boosting your natural test.. just saying

On a serious note, those machines still are not incredibly accurate. It's a good general idea but nothing to place money on

jdmcivic1
01-18-2012, 11:49 AM
If you inject test it's technically not boosting your natural test.. just saying

On a serious note, those machines still are not incredibly accurate. It's a good general idea but nothing to place money on

1 guy on my team does inject and has no problem admitting to it so he's not participating.

I hear what you're saying. As I mention, this is more of a friendly competition where bragging rights and pushing yourself to gain is all that you win from this.

Dsquared Upholstery
01-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Make sure you get good nutrition in. I just finished a great book on it by Skip La Cour, it's 3 bucks on your kindle app if you have a smartphone. It'll help you a ton no matter your knowledge level

Spec C
01-18-2012, 12:24 PM
I am sick of bulking already..lol

I can't wait to get back to IF once this bulk is over.

Dsquared Upholstery
01-18-2012, 01:51 PM
I hate bulking too. Im tryingto gain but nice an slow this time around, last timeI bulked my BP went through the roof

Spec C
01-18-2012, 02:01 PM
I hear that brotha.

I was 203 this morning. I want atleast 210 before i scale it back a little.

1bad are you 225 yet? Lol

H22apower
01-19-2012, 10:48 PM
Learn from jiu jitsu. (Just started this month)

Spec C
01-20-2012, 08:48 AM
Learn from jiu jitsu. (Just started this month)

Where are you training?

H22apower
01-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Where are you training?

Relson gracie academy.