PDA

View Full Version : lsv, b20v, or gsr? which is better?

YoMommasBbyDaddy
11-23-2011, 10:07 PM
I don't want to here your smart ass remarks, I just want to get some info..

First off, this is going to be my first build ever and I would like some help. I am currently just saving and this build will slowly come together piece by piece.

What I want to know is, which is better to build, gsr, lsv or b20v? I want to build a reliable one and make some good reasonable power. Once ether motor is put in a car, I do want to DD and be my weekend worrior. As far as building it to be na or boost? Well you can enlighten me with some information id consider going boost if done right, but if I remember correctly, I remember someone said boosted cars hate the heat in arizona? But anyways if you would, please post your setup so I can get some type of idea on building one. Thank you

Dead Bird
11-23-2011, 10:19 PM
if you don't want smart ass replies, don't post dumbass questions, especially ones that have been asked a bajillion times

YoMommasBbyDaddy
11-23-2011, 10:26 PM
:you rock:

Dead Bird
11-23-2011, 10:34 PM
shiiiiit you don't gotta tel me that

YoMommasBbyDaddy
11-23-2011, 10:57 PM
So mr sex offender what to feed some info into this noob or not onthe topic?

Dead Bird
11-24-2011, 07:12 PM
uhhhno.

FranktheTank
11-24-2011, 07:21 PM
I got an idea... its called search. Azht, google,HT. there are so many sources full of info

Jason.AZ1
11-25-2011, 05:43 AM
Stock Ls block.
Use hondabond as a headgasket for more compression.
H22 head.
gsr cams.
b2d kit with y7 transmission.

Run mid 12s easy in a crx or eg

bb4arson
11-25-2011, 06:09 AM
how much money are you looking into putting into the car?

jdmeg
11-25-2011, 07:28 AM
b20v

Nachooooosupreme
11-25-2011, 07:36 AM
1.8 liter vs 2.0 liter?

My 13 year old knows the answer.

gunsup0331
11-25-2011, 09:18 AM
B20vtec. I threw a gsr crank in mine for shits n giggs

/thread

PS. For reals, this EXACT question has been asked and covered a jillion times.

Honda USDM
11-25-2011, 10:40 AM
I would say GSR. Even a Type R, but then again it all depends on your budget also. You can pick up an LSV or B20V for allot less than a GSR or Type R and you can have some money left over to cover other plans with your car instead of just spending it on the swap. So its all just depending on your budget and much are you willing to spend.

marky
11-25-2011, 10:48 AM
1.8 liter vs 2.0 liter?

My 13 year old knows the answer.

hahah there you go! but no seriously if your looking to DD that bad boy and be a weekend worrier, id probably just boost that bad boy. its honestly gonna cost way to much to try and go NA when you can get a good set up and work from there.

jcarlos
12-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Gsr i tink..... More reliable if you spend the same $$ you gonna put in a good lsv or b20v build.

TypeREgg
12-28-2011, 08:44 PM
I cost more to build then boost a motor than going n/a. If u go n/a go b20 if your sticking to stock sleeves if tour going boost get a gsr n just boost without building it

EK_FTW
02-13-2012, 12:22 AM
wrong it dose not cost more to build your engine then turbo, they cost about the same, if you are talking about ebay turbos then yea look at full race turbo kits tell me how much a real turbo kit cost thank god we dont use ebay internals right???

Dead Bird
02-13-2012, 12:49 AM
t thank god we dont use ebay internals right???

Speak for yourself

TypeREgg
02-13-2012, 01:11 AM
wrong it dose not cost more to build your engine then turbo, they cost about the same, if you are talking about ebay turbos then yea look at full race turbo kits tell me how much a real turbo kit cost thank god we dont use ebay internals right???

Actually it does cost more. Your building a motor then putting on a kit, that's gonna cost more then just building a motor. Trust me I did both

Koopa Troopa
02-14-2012, 09:25 AM

Dude my cam set up cost more than half the cars on this site... It's definitely cheaper to just buy a turbo kit.

Broskiballa
02-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Stock Ls block.
H22 head.
gsr cams.

You can find all these parts at a junk yard within spec. Easy setup for a nasty build. A good friend of the site is well known for his exceptional tuning. Deadspool. Hit him up.

skaterskash
05-02-2012, 02:01 AM
B20v

RHD_GeRmZ
05-02-2012, 02:23 AM
Stock Ls block.
H22 head.
gsr cams.

Lulz

azn8v
06-08-2012, 10:04 AM
im running a b20v has been good to me
grs head with supertech internals
skunk2 intake mani, 310 rc inj, hondata gasket
block bored over to 84.5 with RSpistons gsr water and oil pump

Newbie2000ex
07-19-2012, 01:38 AM
ok.
so for a his first build, i would honestly tell you to build an n/a motor.

youre going to learn more, because obviously you dont know a whole lot or this thread wouldnt exist! first off, i COMPLETELY AGREE with typeregg because if you want REAL power outa one of these little 4 bangers your going to have to think power adder, and in the long run boost always costs more..
your basicly going to have a 275 n/a hp limit with any of these engines you mentioned. and honestly if you wanna go boost, the cheapest way to do it is to buy a good turbo, good supporting mods (such as fuel pump, injectors, A GOOD ECU, fpr, exhaust ect. ect.) and buy a cheap engine like the ls and just plop it in there. my buddy does this with stock y7's back in ohio. he burns porsches all weekend, throws a rod, finds another bottom end and bolts it in! its a cheap cost efficient way to have a lot of fun!

but again, this make me weep inside. the CORRECT way to boost the dog piss out of one of these engines includes, valve springs, rods, bearings, arp bolts, a good headgasket, and other stuff im sure im forgetting. this will build you a wonderful reliable weekend warrior. and honestly man, i stay away from b20's if your not planning on a full rebuild. while i must say, ive never had any experience with one, you've gotta think an engine DESIGNED for a small suv probably isnt going to rev nearly as high because it has a longer stroke, IE More torque. so if you want something that will be a stop light to stop light champ, than i could maybe understand using it. but honestly were talking about 200cc's and a (to much speculation) much weaker bottom end for boosting.
if your a vtec freak as most people are, looking for a good idle and good performance, i say lsv or gsr. most def. and the only way i would recomend the lsv over the gsr, is if your going to be using a type r/ si head.

its all kinda personal opinion and whatever you can find for a good price man! good luck man! (if you do decide to go lsv/ poor man type r, lemme know, im currently building one myself!) but yea i say build a strong, reliable, REV TO SKY , n/a machine. or atleast rebuild it. even if you think you understand how engines work, taking these little four bangers apart is so much fun. you learn, get to create horsepower, and in the terms of engine building, is extremly cheap!
im also building an e85 and sprayed 1000hp 2jz and a 500hp 1jz, both jdm direct! but im honestly more excited about my new n/a b series build! lol funny how that works huh? put a toyota in the hands of a honda guy and he still wants to play with little sub 2.0l engines! hahah sorry now i am rambling huh! well ill stop stealing this thread and just leave it with these two lines;

Build YOUR CUSTOM car, HOW YOU want to build it! do more research, figure out what you want and build around that! dont go asking other people what they'd build, because that defeats the point!! right??!

oh and...

VTEC > VVTI!!!! aaall day

(oh and i reeeally dont think its that funny tellin kids put h22 heads on there ls with frickin hondobond. everyone was a newbie AT One time or another. some of us were just lucky enough to go to google and the search bar before asking stupid questions. lol)

edit, screw it he got banned, lol. dumba$$

Dead Bird
07-19-2012, 02:21 AM
WooooooooooooW

and i don't mean world of warcraft