PDA

View Full Version : Grime removal

Th3 Mugen
12-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Alright so i took off my entire intake manifold to clean it out, but purple power does not seem to do the job, whats the strongest stuff i can use to take all the shit out, without harming the metal, or my skin/health?

The President
12-08-2011, 02:54 PM
didn't we already go through this with your wheels?

again, a steam cleaner will do the job. just make sure you remove any sensors first and make sure the piece is 100% dry before putting them back in.

Honda USDM
12-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Take it to a car wash. Use the degreser and soap, then scrub away and repeat . I've used Purple Power on allot of things and I never had a problem with it. Your stuff must be really really dirty. Good luck.

mooshin
12-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Carb Cleaner will work, but I would use brake clean.

Th3 Mugen
12-09-2011, 09:37 PM
didn't we already go through this with your wheels?

again, a steam cleaner will do the job. just make sure you remove any sensors first and make sure the piece is 100% dry before putting them back in.
Steam cleaner couldn't do the deep inside's that are holding the most gunk. Made the outside look good though

Take it to a car wash. Use the degreser and soap, then scrub away and repeat . I've used Purple Power on allot of things and I never had a problem with it. Your stuff must be really really dirty. Good luck.
It's baked on, been through a gallon of Purple power and it's still not coming all the way out.

Carb Cleaner will work, but I would use brake clean.
I've use that and it worked pretty well, but i still need some stronger stuff for the deep parts that the toothbrush won't reach.