PDA

View Full Version : Seem good to you?

JDM-YML
01-13-2012, 11:42 PM
This is my diet

Morning-
*Pork Chorizo with eggs and 2 whole wheat tortillas with water or
*Turkey+ low fat cheese omelet with 2 slices of bacon or
*Scrambled eggs on 2 slices of whole wheat bread with low fat cheese and low fat mayo
*Oatmeal

Snack #1-
*Protein shake or
*Peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread with 2% milk or
*Deviled eggs about 2 with low fat mayo
*Oatmeal

Lunch-
*Ham+turkey+low fat cheese+lettuce+tomato+avocado on whole wheat bread and low fat mayo
*Pork chops with whole wheat rice
*Chicken salad
*Regular salad
*Tuna sandwich

Snack #2-
*Same as above
*Beef jerky
*peanuts (or any type of nuts)
*low fat yogurt
*Variety of fruits
*celery with peanut butter

Dinner-
*Same as "Lunch"

Meal before I go to sleep (I'm barely going to start this. Haven't started it yet)-
*Casein protein shake

Also for my workouts these are the supplements I'm taking or going to start taking
Preworkout- Jack3d or 1MR
Postworkout- Whey protein, 1000mg glutamine, 1000mg cinnamon, Super amino 4,800mg, creatine.

I workout mid-day or in the morning.

Here's my schedule:
*Mon.and Thurs- Biceps, Triceps, Chest 18 Sets
*Tues. and Fri.- Shoulders, Upper back, Abs 18 Sets
*Wed. and Sat.- Thighs, Calves, Lower back 18 Sets

Is it a lot? Is it good? lol

robinsonbarba
01-13-2012, 11:50 PM
Are u trying to loose weight or get fat?? Lol cuz that would get me fat as fuck!! Lol

JDM-YML
01-14-2012, 12:01 AM
lol loose fat
each "*" is a meal I choose for that meal haha

I don't know if your thinking I eat all of that for that meal haha but I only choose one.

robinsonbarba
01-14-2012, 12:19 AM
First i would not eat chorizo or any pork products!! Second no bread unless is whole wheat, no tortillas even though u said wheat, as for eggs, just the whites! As for a snack. Low fat plain yogurt, granola, and fruit!! No sugar, honey is ur friend! I'm also on a diet and that's what i do! In the morning a bowl of special K cereal with fruit a lil honey, lunch- grilled chicken, vegis, before work out, protein shake, after work out, a snack - bowl of fruit,yogurt, granola, and honey. Then i go to sleep.. and it all depends on how long ur day is..

Spec C
01-14-2012, 07:59 AM
Don't listen to the above. Pork is fine, chorizo can be fine, eggs are fine, bread is/can be fine. It all depends. You can make it work, and be just as effective as if you were eating a boring ass diet. You might have to cut some yolks out to fit chorizo for instance, or cut the chorizo down to fit more whole eggs, etc. It is a balance.

One thing is your options don't make sense. For example. The chorizo/eggs/tortilla meal OR Oatmeal...lmao. That doesn't make sense. One is a complete meal containing all 3 macros, and one is a meal containing a carb. Try and make meals that come out to the same macro nutritent amounts, and close to the same calories.

I personally don't count calories, and just count macros. It takes the micro managing out. By that I mean if breakfast is 60g protein/40g carb/ 15g fat, I don't count the protein in oatmeal(carb), the carbs in peanut butter(fat), etc. I just count main macro.

OP- What is your weight right now?

Spec C
01-14-2012, 08:38 AM
First i would not eat chorizo or any pork products!! Second no bread unless is whole wheat, no tortillas even though u said wheat, as for eggs, just the whites! As for a snack. Low fat plain yogurt, granola, and fruit!! No sugar, honey is ur friend! I'm also on a diet and that's what i do! In the morning a bowl of special K cereal with fruit a lil honey, lunch- grilled chicken, vegis, before work out, protein shake, after work out, a snack - bowl of fruit,yogurt, granola, and honey. Then i go to sleep.. and it all depends on how long ur day is..

What if I told you it would make no difference if you switched that bowl of special K for an equally sized(calories) bowl of Coco Puffs?

JDM-YML
01-14-2012, 08:51 AM

Your snack seems really high in sugar even though you said no sugar lol

Don't listen to the above. Pork is fine, chorizo can be fine, eggs are fine, bread is/can be fine. It all depends. You can make it work, and be just as effective as if you were eating a boring ass diet. You might have to cut some yolks out to fit chorizo for instance, or cut the chorizo down to fit more whole eggs, etc. It is a balance.

One thing is your options don't make sense. For example. The chorizo/eggs/tortilla meal OR Oatmeal...lmao. That doesn't make sense. One is a complete meal containing all 3 macros, and one is a meal containing a carb. Try and make meals that come out to the same macro nutritent amounts, and close to the same calories.

I personally don't count calories, and just count macros. It takes the micro managing out. By that I mean if breakfast is 60g protein/40g carb/ 15g fat, I don't count the protein in oatmeal(carb), the carbs in peanut butter(fat), etc. I just count main macro.

OP- What is your weight right now?

Lol what would you at to the oatmeal meal to equal out to the chorizo meal?

I also hate counting calories lol I'm starting to count "macros" if those are protein/carbs/fat.

And I weigh 195lbs :(

Spec C
01-14-2012, 09:16 AM
You need to add some protein to that oatmeal. A scoop of whey, some egg whites, etc. And a little fat wouldn't hurt. Some PB, nuts, etc.

The chorizo meal is probably a bit high in fat for a meal also containing carbs. I would likely re-work the whole thing. You can reduce some fat by using whites in-stead of whole eggs, cutting the chorizo out, etc. But it is hard to say without knowing what you are trying to accomplish with that meal.

Typically I try and stick to food choices that are mostly made up of their MAIN MACRO. For example. Carbs, I want to be mainly carbs, protein I want to be low in fat, etc. It makes tracking much easier.

Do you have a specific calorie target for the day you are shooting for? Specific macros you are trying to hit? How much weight do you think you have to lose?

Oh and PS.. I would use the cinnamon extract at another time of day. After you workout you are already extremely sensitive to insulin, your body is already very efficient at shuttling nutrients, and controlling blood sugar. You don't need something like that then. I would use it before a meal containing carbs like before lunch.

JDM-YML
01-14-2012, 09:25 AM
You need to add some protein to that oatmeal. A scoop of whey, some egg whites, etc. And a little fat wouldn't hurt. Some PB, nuts, etc.

The chorizo meal is probably a bit high in fat for a meal also containing carbs. I would likely re-work the whole thing. You can reduce some fat by using whites in-stead of whole eggs, cutting the chorizo out, etc. But it is hard to say without knowing what you are trying to accomplish with that meal.

Typically I try and stick to food choices that are mostly made up of their MAIN MACRO. For example. Carbs, I want to be mainly carbs, protein I want to be low in fat, etc. It makes tracking much easier.

Do you have a specific calorie target for the day you are shooting for? Specific macros you are trying to hit? How much weight do you think you have to lose?

Okay I'll add some whey and some almonds to it.

I do use the whites for anything I eat or I only use one yolk to give it a little bit of flavor.

And okay, well whenever I eat I try to have the protein either equal to the carbs or have more protein over carbs.

I do not have a specific calorie target because I hate counting calories lol
And I put this up because I knew you were going to chime in so I was hoping you would help me with how many macros I need/should be hitting.
And I think I need to drop down to 180-185 or more. I have a lot of stomach fat, I know if I were to loose most of the fat my muscles would stick out lol

I'm trying to have big muscles with low fat %, the last time I checked my BMI it was at 26% that was a month ago where I weighed 205. My goal BMI is to be in the 15% or lower.

JDM-YML
01-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Oh and PS.. I would use the cinnamon extract at another time of day. After you workout you are already extremely sensitive to insulin, your body is already very efficient at shuttling nutrients, and controlling blood sugar. You don't need something like that then. I would use it before a meal containing carbs like before lunch.

Oh okay will make sure to take it out of my post workout and put it in a snack, but there just pills so I'll take them at snack #1

Spec C
01-14-2012, 09:34 AM
Okay I'll add some whey and some almonds to it.

I do use the whites for anything I eat or I only use one yolk to give it a little bit of flavor.

And okay, well whenever I eat I try to have the protein either equal to the carbs or have more protein over carbs.

I do not have a specific calorie target because I hate counting calories lol
And I put this up because I knew you were going to chime in so I was hoping you would help me with how many macros I need/should be hitting.
And I think I need to drop down to 180-185 or more. I have a lot of stomach fat, I know if I were to loose most of the fat my muscles would stick out lol

I'm trying to have big muscles with low fat %, the last time I checked my BMI it was at 26% that was a month ago where I weighed 205. My goal BMI is to be in the 15% or lower.
Don't worry about BMI. It doesn't mean anything to anyone who lifts. You could do 1badlst's BMI and he would be Obese, and he is ripped..lol Bodyfat is what is important.

I typically use 1 yolk for every 6 egg whites.

If you don't handle carbs well it might be useful to drop them down, or keep them on workout days only. I don't handle them the greatest so I keep them around my workout only, and have very little on non training days(50g)

JDM-YML
01-14-2012, 09:40 AM
Don't worry about BMI. It doesn't mean anything to anyone who lifts. You could do 1badlst's BMI and he would be Obese, and he is ripped..lol Bodyfat is what is important.

I typically use 1 yolk for every 6 egg whites.

If you don't handle carbs well it might be useful to drop them down, or keep them on workout days only. I don't handle them the greatest so I keep them around my workout only, and have very little on non training days(50g)

I did this for about a week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzHrCxt1frk&list=FLqDQySlVfoUJWWvNci2nM7w&index=3&feature=plpp_video

But I stayed on 150g carbs one day and 100g carbs another, I kept it like that and I dropped a few pounds by they end of the week. I'm not trying to do that every week since I know that carbs is the fuel that makes you run.

I work out about 6 times a week so how many carbs do you think I should be taking during those days? about 200g? 250g?

Spec C
01-14-2012, 09:57 AM
I did this for about a week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzHrCxt1frk&list=FLqDQySlVfoUJWWvNci2nM7w&index=3&feature=plpp_video

But I stayed on 150g carbs one day and 100g carbs another, I kept it like that and I dropped a few pounds by they end of the week. I'm not trying to do that every week since I know that carbs is the fuel that makes you run.

I work out about 6 times a week so how many carbs do you think I should be taking during those days? about 200g? 250g?

You can do fine with lower carbs man, it is just about replenishing glycogen stores. 100-150 is not even that low..hah

If you are lifting 6 days a week(damn that is a lot..lol) I would keep them lower over all, to average it out.

Put it this way even "bulking" right now I am only consuming 200g of carbs on lifting days. But it is all relative.

If I were you I would worry about getting the fat off, and then you can focusing on adding some mass, while keeping fat gain down.

10lbs you should be able to take of in a month no problem.

I like to start people off around 13 x bw for maintenance(195 x 13=2535), reduce that by 500 to start and see where you go, so 2000 calories.
Protein-240g(960 cal)
Fat-60g(540cal)
Carb-125 carb(500cal)

Depending on how many meals you want to eat just divide by that, and split it up into equal meals.

Ie. 5 meal plan 240/5 = 48g pro each meal/12g fat/25g carb

Done.

Other option is you can take in the bulk of your carbs around workout. So lets say you workout in the evening.

Meal 1
48pro/12g fat

Meal 2
48pro/12g fat

Meal 3
48pro/12g fat

Meal 4(prewo)
48pro/12g fat/60g carb

Meal 5(post workout)
48pro/12g fat/65g carb

JDM-YML
01-14-2012, 12:46 PM
You can do fine with lower carbs man, it is just about replenishing glycogen stores. 100-150 is not even that low..hah

If you are lifting 6 days a week(damn that is a lot..lol) I would keep them lower over all, to average it out.

Put it this way even "bulking" right now I am only consuming 200g of carbs on lifting days. But it is all relative.

If I were you I would worry about getting the fat off, and then you can focusing on adding some mass, while keeping fat gain down.

10lbs you should be able to take of in a month no problem.

I like to start people off around 13 x bw for maintenance(195 x 13=2535), reduce that by 500 to start and see where you go, so 2000 calories.
Protein-240g(960 cal)
Fat-60g(540cal)
Carb-125 carb(500cal)

Depending on how many meals you want to eat just divide by that, and split it up into equal meals.

Ie. 5 meal plan 240/5 = 48g pro each meal/12g fat/25g carb

Done.

Other option is you can take in the bulk of your carbs around workout. So lets say you workout in the evening.

Meal 1
48pro/12g fat

Meal 2
48pro/12g fat

Meal 3
48pro/12g fat

Meal 4(prewo)
48pro/12g fat/60g carb

Meal 5(post workout)
48pro/12g fat/65g carb

I like that plan I'm going to try it and see how it works for me thank you!

You have any other suggestions?

Spec C
01-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Tips? Yes.
1.Stay consistent. Consistency is key. Day in, and day out.

2. Try and lay out a few meals that hit those macros, and stick to them for ease. Once you get down to where you want you can start to diversify a bit.

3. When weight loss stops either add cardio, or recuce calories.

4. To add to 3 you need to be consistent for this to work.. If you are eating all over the place, missing meals, cheating, etc it becomes hard to know what and where to pull from.

5. Stay consistent. Did I mention that? Well I am mentioning it again, because it is the most important thing. You can have the best diet in the world and if you can't follow it, it doesn't mean shit.

JDM-YML
01-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Tips? Yes.
1.Stay consistent. Consistency is key. Day in, and day out.

2. Try and lay out a few meals that hit those macros, and stick to them for ease. Once you get down to where you want you can start to diversify a bit.

3. When weight loss stops either add cardio, or recuce calories.

4. To add to 3 you need to be consistent for this to work.. If you are eating all over the place, missing meals, cheating, etc it becomes hard to know what and where to pull from.

5. Stay consistent. Did I mention that? Well I am mentioning it again, because it is the most important thing. You can have the best diet in the world and if you can't follow it, it doesn't mean shit.

Okay I haven't been doing that, I'll set an alarm on my phone for every time I have to eat at a certain time and certain meals.

I greatly appreciate your help.

Is everything good for my workout days?

Spec C
01-14-2012, 09:24 PM
I dunno man.. That is a lot of volume, and frequency..lol Especially when dieting. You seem to also be hitting shoulders after chest/tri day which is going to take a lot out of your shoulders..

I would personally do a 3-4 day split if it were me, and just add cardio on off days.

Remember this. "More isn't better, better is better" ;)

JDM-YML
01-14-2012, 10:27 PM
I dunno man.. That is a lot of volume, and frequency..lol Especially when dieting. You seem to also be hitting shoulders after chest/tri day which is going to take a lot out of your shoulders..

I would personally do a 3-4 day split if it were me, and just add cardio on off days.

Remember this. "More isn't better, better is better" ;)

Lol I'll do a 3 day split.

Dude it's really hard to find food that fit the macro you set lol

Spec C
01-14-2012, 10:40 PM
Lol I'll do a 3 day split.

Dude it's really hard to find food that fit the macro you set lol

No way..lol

Breakfast:
1cup egg whites(25g pro)
2 whole egg(12gpro + 4g fat)(Only count the fat in 1 egg. You can have 1 yolk per 6 eggs(1cup liquid whites) without counting the fat)
2 oz lean ham(10g pro)
1 oz american cheese(8g fat)
1/2 cup oats(27g carbs)
------------------------------
47g pro
12g fat
27g carb..

You got yourself a nice little omlette with ham and cheese, and a bowl of oats with PB in it.

Lunch
7oz cooked chicken(49g protein)
1 natures own sandwich thin(19g carbs)
1 tablespoon BBQ sauce(6g carbs)
1 table spoon smart balance light mayo(5g fat)
7g carbs worth of berries
----------
49g pro
13g fat
25g carb

Chicken sandwich..

It is pretty simple..haha

JDM-YML
01-14-2012, 10:46 PM
No way..lol

Breakfast:
1cup egg whites(25g pro)
2 whole egg(12gpro + 4g fat)(Only count the fat in 1 egg. You can have 1 yolk per 6 eggs(1cup liquid whites) without counting the fat)
2 oz lean ham(10g pro)
1 oz american cheese(8g fat)
1/2 cup oats(27g carbs)
------------------------------
47g pro
12g fat
27g carb..

You got yourself a nice little omlette with ham and cheese, and a bowl of oats with PB in it.

Lunch
7oz cooked chicken(49g protein)
1 natures own sandwich thin(19g carbs)
1 tablespoon BBQ sauce(6g carbs)
1 table spoon smart balance light mayo(5g fat)
7g carbs worth of berries
----------
49g pro
13g fat
25g carb

Chicken sandwich..

It is pretty simple..haha

For you it's simple lol but for me it's so hard. They should have a website where you can calculate your macros and it will set up meals for you haha.

Spec C
01-14-2012, 11:07 PM
Yea I pretty much did that right out of my head..lol

I typically use myfitnesspal to track things. Get the app for your phone if you have a smart phone.

But for protein I use 7g of protein per ounce of COOKED chicken/lean pork(tenderloin), and 8g of pro per ounce of COOKED Lean beef(sirloin, lean flank steak, eye of round, 96% lean ground beef).

So basically you could have
6oz sirloin(48g pro)
1/2cup cooked rice(25g carb)
broccoli with 12g extra virgin olive oil, or extra virgin coconut oil(12g fat)