PDA

View Full Version : buying some mids, 6x9s, opinions anyone? I WANT BASS

Method520
01-18-2012, 04:33 PM
I think my days of the 12" woofers are done now that i'v got some power under my foot. I still, however, LOVE my music, and i will always love bass. but i need some mids cause the factory civic mids lets face it, just dont put out. (at least its not a subaru)

I was shopping around, but the only thing that has seemed to interest me is the frequency response range. iv spoken with some amateurs a best buy about what i should buy if i want some good high frequency bass, but they look at me like im an idiot and ignorantly propose i should buy some more subs....

It seems no one seeks after a set of speakers that will really give you that powerful kick around the 200-300hz range. I'm talking about that kick you hear from your friends living room sound system, (usually powerd by an 8" subwoofer behind the tv). Thats the high frequency bass i'm talking about. now lets face it subs really bump at around 90-200hz and thats loud as fuck, but its not what im looking for.

I was considering buying a small sub, but i'v heard some great sounding systems through plain old quality aftermarket 6x9s. therefore i dont need a small enclosure rolling around my trunk like a basketball.

Im looking to spend maybe around 150 for the rear pair. Im really on a budget for this one, but does anyone have an idea of what will bring out that mid frequency bass? maybe i'm not looking for the right attributes, ill be honest, im not the fucking guru of audio like some people i know. i wasnt considering purchasing a speaker designated amplifier, but it thats what it takes.. then so be it.

Thankyou

failedabortion
01-18-2012, 04:51 PM
What are you using up front for mids and highs? Two/three way or a comp setup?

Almost all aftermarket 6x9's will require more power than your stock or aftermarket deck can produce.

My choice setup is usually a set of components and a single 8 or 10" sub. Such as a set of front components, 2ch amp and the infinity basslink 10" sub/amp enclosure.

For your budget id start with the components first for the front and see if you want more after that.