PDA

View Full Version : "Drive" shockingly good movie

slowmedown
01-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Just saw the movie Drive starring Ryan Gosling saturday night. Wow what a fantastic movie, I was surprised. The soundtrack/driving scenes/acting was all top notch. It definitely took me by surprise not your typical fast and furious car racing movie like i expected

Anyone else see this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CWX34ShfcsE

Bigg Brown
01-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Its a good movie, I hated the ending

AZ Auto Werks
01-23-2012, 12:07 AM
rly?? I hated that movie

Nachooooosupreme
01-23-2012, 12:13 AM
This ryan gosling is up and coming. I just saw him in the ides of march with george clooney and was shocked to see how good of an actor he is. I'll check drive out soon.

AZ Auto Werks
01-23-2012, 12:15 AM
This ryan gosling is up and coming. I just saw him in the ides of march with george clooney and was shocked to see how good of an actor he is. I'll check drive out soon.

I was goin to buy that tonite. Is it any good?

Nachooooosupreme
01-23-2012, 12:28 AM
It is a good movie. Its about politics and the relations ppl have while in that type of business. 8/10

theAngryMarmot
01-23-2012, 06:53 AM
I hated the movie.

The inconsistant pace, the lack of actual "driving," and the annpying soundtrack all made me severly dislike this movie.

I didn't like the way it was filmed, and I did not like the way the story was told. I felt like it could have been a much, much better movie - but they were trying to hard with slow moving scenes and annoying music to make it all "artsy."

slowmedown
01-23-2012, 08:05 AM

yeah hes a badass in drive might have to check out ides of march

I hated the movie.

The inconsistant pace, the lack of actual "driving," and the annpying soundtrack all made me severly dislike this movie.

I didn't like the way it was filmed, and I did not like the way the story was told. I felt like it could have been a much, much better movie - but they were trying to hard with slow moving scenes and annoying music to make it all "artsy."

haha thats exactly why i liked it so much. it kinda captured that lone cruising vibe when your out driving by yourself

The God Damn Batman
02-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Elevator scene.. had me like wtf....

tfizzle
02-28-2012, 10:06 PM
I just recently saw this movie and I loved the soundtrack. Def had a different tone to it altogether. Finally something different was the thought going thru my head...

ecko344
02-28-2012, 10:24 PM
great movie. two thumbs up.

efpower
03-02-2012, 03:19 PM
Opening scene...Mustang scene...epic good. I dug the movies artistic approach and undertones, but small things could have made it 10x better.

kerosinek
03-02-2012, 03:25 PM
The music made the movie what it was IMO. Added so much to the overall feel. I tried listening to it in my car however, and wanted to blow my brains out.

GSR_MONKEY
03-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Not as good as I thought but it was decent.

Atomic-Orange-Turbo-Sloth
03-23-2012, 07:46 AM
rly?? I hated that movie
yeah i thought it shockingly sucked cock. It was like a romance movie for gay bears. And not the bears in forests either.

theAngryMarmot
03-23-2012, 09:31 AM
yeah i thought it shockingly sucked cock. It was like a romance movie for gay bears. And not the bears in forests either.

Me and the wife went to see it when it came out.

We were both like wtf?

It was like a roller coaster at a kiddy park. Moves really slow most of the time, has a few jerky sections at a decent pace, and overall leaves you feeling mislead and mad you spent the money on it.

I didn't really find any of the acting in to convincing either. The main character always seemed like he was trying to force himslelf to play a laid back loaner, which does not work for that kind of character.

Goes to show if you put odd/weird music with lots of slow panning camera work people will think it is something more than it really is :p

HEADSHOT
03-23-2012, 09:34 AM
what was that movie with the rock? faster? i liked that one

Personified94
03-24-2012, 12:49 AM
I like the movie sucks that the Dad dies though
But hey a quiet guy can hide things about them people don't know.

Mr-2
03-25-2012, 04:25 AM
I like the movie sucks that the Dad dies though
But hey a quiet guy can hide things about them people don't know.

i really liked the movie, yeah it was a lil slow. but it had an awesome soundtrack and the plot was good. but they couldve done a way better job, like putting more driving scenes. but i hope they make a second one:)

mxtr
03-25-2012, 11:46 PM
yeah this was a fucken great movie that guy was no puss in this one he straight merked