PDA

View Full Version : HID question 2008 civic.

Dalton
02-10-2012, 01:35 PM
So I have a 2008 civic lx coupe. I'm looking into getting me some 6000k HID's. I think I want bi xenon, but I don't know much about HID's. What is the best set I can get for my money. I was looking at some in eBay but there are so many choices! Haha some help would be great, thanks guys.

Dalton
02-10-2012, 09:23 PM
i need to know how to get both Hi and Low HID's please help

Dedspool Superior Tuned
02-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Most likely your civic has bi xenon stock bulbs. That means the hi and low beam are used for one bulb. I would recomend getting a bi xenon hid kit so you have hi and low beam instead of just one. I don't know exactly what brand so maybe some one else can fill you in.

Atomic-Orange-Turbo-Sloth
02-11-2012, 07:08 PM
You cant go bi-xenon on 06+ without getting 2 HID kits due to each light having seperate high and low beams. I was never able to find a GOOD kit selling a ballast that supported two bulbs per side so i just had HID low beams on my 07 Si sedan.

Its a PITA to install HID's on the FA/FG's you have to remove the front wheels and wheel well liners to reach the low beams and to reach the highs i think you gotta remove the front bumper and lights all together. Ive done two, mine and a friends. Mine too about 3 hours (Pain in the ass im telling you) to do it right. My friends we removed the front bumper and lights because his were fogged over and he got some new OEM ones, that took us about 3.5 hours start to finish.

Your better off going HID low beams only, how often do you use your highs? not much, so not really worth it IMO.

i_timmers
02-12-2012, 02:01 PM
I installed HID's in both my low beam and fog lamps on my 06' Si coupe... this took about 2 - 2 1/2 hours. Its easiest to just remove the front bumper to access the back of the headlamps and wiring. I don't believe that high beam HID's will work, since the car has DRL's. The Daytime Running Lights don't put out the proper current to power up the ballasts from what I have researched.

THE PITA was having to access the 3 phillips screws on the back of each socket. Reason you need to loosen them up is to get the HID bulb to lock into the socket correctly. Once they are installed, you have to tighten the phillips screws back up so the lamp assembly is sealed properly.

So to answer the OP's first post...Bi-Zenon/High-low beam HID's probably could be done, but would require some wiring modifications... which I would not recommend.

Also, be aware that you might run into a little bit of a problem with the factory plugs. When plugging the ballast into the fog lamp wiring, the power and ground were wired backwards from what the ballast will operate on. So, I suggest you test the lighting BEFORE you reinstall the bumper. Luckily I did...and it saved a whole lot of headaches. If they don't work, check with a test light to confirm power and ground. I took the factory plug apart and switched the pins on the plug...don't cut and tape.

Regular bulbs are not sensitive to power or ground like the ballasts are.

Bruticus
02-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Bi-xenon is what the Acura TL has, where the cut off shield flips down when the high beam switch is used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFF2XoZJIBo

plug and play xenon is garbage