PDA

View Full Version : AutoX March 4th @ Firebird - Sunday Event

civil
02-18-2012, 03:00 PM
2012 Spring Event #3! Back to a Sunday Event

For new drivers you can visit this helpful video on our youtube channel: AZSOLO Intro (http://www.youtube.com/user/AzSoloVids)

Spring Series Schedule:

January 15th (Sunday)
February 4th (Saturday)
March 4th (Sunday)
April 15th (Sunday)

Registration is open for March 4th HERE (http://www.azsolo.com/events-info/2011-phoenix-schedule/152) <--- More Details here also.

Standard Details for Spring Series Events:

Registration Fee SCCA Members: $20 Pre-Registration, $30 at Event

Registration Fee Non-Members: $30 Pre-Registration, $35 at Event

Time-Only Runs: $15 (you must participate in competition runs to do time-only runs)

Event Times:
6:30AM Gates Open
7:00AM - 8:30AM Registration
7:00AM - 8:35AM Tech Inspection
8:35AM Course closed for walking
8:45AM Driver's Meeting (Required)
9:00AM First car in Run Group A starts
typically 60 minutes Run Group A
typically 60 minutes Run Group B
typically 60 minutes Run Group C
typically 60 minutes Run Group D
typically 60 minutes Run Group E
typically 60 minutes Run Group F
4:00 PM Course teardown

Spectating/Ride a longs are FREE. So if you're curious come on out and get a ride a long and see what it's all about.

Any questions, come visit us on AZSolo Forums (http://www.azsolo.com/forums/index.php?act=idx) or you can leave your questions/comments here or PM me.

For those Sierra Vista/Tucson folks visit here: Tucson Events (http://www.azbrscca.org/events/calendar.php) / Sierra Vista Events (http://www.sierrasportscars.net/)

trusohc
02-24-2012, 10:49 AM
mire people shoyld try this

civil
02-24-2012, 09:30 PM
more people should try this

+1 :drive:

Doesn't take a super awesome amazing race car to have fun and drive on the limits. Just look at my grocery getter.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7004/6501050719_136c9c8135.jpg

civil
02-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Lets GO! 4-1/2 days left! Get pre-registered!

trusohc
02-27-2012, 01:13 PM
that grocery getters amazing haha hit 50s in last event. haha

civil
03-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Last day to pre-register! Ends at 11pm tonight. Less paperwork onsite and $5 cheaper if you pre-register! GO GO GO!

:drive:

civil
03-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Course map for Sunday

http://www.azsolo.com/forums/uploads/monthly_03_2012/post-4-1330703082_thumb.jpg

Alika80
04-12-2012, 07:50 AM
Theres one this weekend. Does anyone run these? Doesn't seem like theres a lot of interest for cones. I see it as a stepping stone for HPDE or ProAuto, and its only $30! I'd like to try it, but car isn't ready (stock suspension, plastic tires, etc). I've been to a few a while back. Lots of old guys in S2ks haha.

trusohc
04-12-2012, 08:55 AM
yea its okay. its just the seat time kinda sucks. you wait for a few hrs for about 2-3 min seat time. but can't beat the price and really cool people their. and you do get to practice cornering. id go this weekend but have to work

Chef
04-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Might have to go take a look at this this weekend.... sounds interesting...

civil
04-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Theres one this weekend. Does anyone run these? Doesn't seem like theres a lot of interest for cones. I see it as a stepping stone for HPDE or ProAuto, and its only $30! I'd like to try it, but car isn't ready (stock suspension, plastic tires, etc). I've been to a few a while back. Lots of old guys in S2ks haha.

I really dropped the ball on this months event. Son's 2nd birthday this weekend. Been thinking about that more then this event since I'm not attending. Sorry guys.

But to answer your question Alika. There really isn't much participation from the younger Honda crowd. There really should be more... at a local level Honda's are extremely competitive. Even at the National level Honda's are top cars. Autocross isn't about horsepower, it's about the Driver and Handling performance of a car.

My car is VERY mild as far as a "prepped car" for my class. But it's still extremely competitive. Should just come out with whatever you have and drive. Seat time is limited, but you can learn a lot about you as a driver and your car from an Autocross event. And it's only $30.

I used to race this on all season's :drive:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj68/vexcivil/AutoX/DSC_0716.jpg

Alika80
04-13-2012, 07:59 AM
But to answer your question Alika. There really isn't much participation from the younger Honda crowd. There really should be more... at a local level Honda's are extremely competitive. Even at the National level Honda's are top cars. Autocross isn't about horsepower, it's about the Driver and Handling performance of a car.

My car is VERY mild as far as a "prepped car" for my class. But it's still extremely competitive. Should just come out with whatever you have and drive. Seat time is limited, but you can learn a lot about you as a driver and your car from an Autocross event. And it's only $30.

Lol, younger Honda crowd. I'm 28, so I guess I'm an old honda guy. I'm old school, from the "golden days".

I've been to a few. I agree with you and trusohc about the seat time, only about an hour per group. What does that translate to in runs? Either way, seat time is seat time. Once I get some coilovers, I'm signing up.

civil
04-13-2012, 09:26 AM
Lol, younger Honda crowd. I'm 28, so I guess I'm an old honda guy. I'm old school, from the "golden days".

I've been to a few. I agree with you and trusohc about the seat time, only about an hour per group. What does that translate to in runs? Either way, seat time is seat time. Once I get some coilovers, I'm signing up.

I'm in the same boat as a "Old Honda guy" :wave1:

Run groups are 45min a piece. 3-4 runs per driver. Depending on course layout, you're looking at 30-60sec runs.

Alika80
04-13-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm in the same boat as a "Old Honda guy" :wave1:

Run groups are 45min a piece. 3-4 runs per driver. Depending on course layout, you're looking at 30-60sec runs.

Cool.

Whats the setup on your sedan?

I have an EG dx sedan with Si Z6 swap. Short ram, Header, stock exhaust. I'll probably have coils by the time I actually wanna sign up. What class would that put me in?

civil
04-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Cool.

Whats the setup on your sedan?

I have an EG dx sedan with Si Z6 swap. Short ram, Header, stock exhaust. I'll probably have coils by the time I actually wanna sign up. What class would that put me in?

My car's mostly stock. Just suspension, brakes, wheels, & tire's. If you want the detailed set-up that'll cost ya ;)

Your car would run in SMF(Street Modified Front Wheel Drive). Reason being is because of the motor swap. When you register you can reg' as /Class "SMF" and /Category "NV2". Do you have a full interior?

Alika80
04-13-2012, 02:51 PM
My car's mostly stock. Just suspension, brakes, wheels, & tire's. If you want the detailed set-up that'll cost ya ;)

Your car would run in SMF(Street Modified Front Wheel Drive). Reason being is because of the motor swap. When you register you can reg' as /Class "SMF" and /Category "NV2". Do you have a full interior?

Haha. "Just suspension", very vague.

Is SMF a big step up from where I would have been with the stock d15? I mean the D16z6 is what would have been in the car had it been a EX. Just a little single cam. Oh well.

I do have a full interior. The car is stock, except for what I listed in the other post.

civil
04-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Haha. "Just suspension", very vague.

Is SMF a big step up from where I would have been with the stock d15? I mean the D16z6 is what would have been in the car had it been a EX. Just a little single cam. Oh well.

I do have a full interior. The car is stock, except for what I listed in the other post.

SMF is a very big step up from running in STC. STC is for suspension, basic bolt-ons, and street tires. SMF has engine swaps, engine tuning, bolt-ons, suspension is a little more detailed, full race tires, aero, and reduced weight body parts. And I'm sure I'm missing things. But at the local level it's not that big of a deal. You'll start to find that even being under prepped you can still be competitive. ;)

If you feel like reading: 2012 Solo Rules.pdf (http://www.scca.com/assets/2012_Solo_Rules_February_reduced.pdf)

Alika80
04-13-2012, 04:01 PM
SMF is a very big step up from running in STC. STC is for suspension, basic bolt-ons, and street tires. SMF has engine swaps, engine tuning, bolt-ons, suspension is a little more detailed, full race tires, aero, and reduced weight body parts. And I'm sure I'm missing things. But at the local level it's not that big of a deal. You'll start to find that even being under prepped you can still be competitive. ;)

geez. Thats gonna suck.

What class are you in?

civil
04-13-2012, 09:06 PM
geez. Thats gonna suck.

What class are you in?

You don't have to prep your car to the full letter of the rules to be in that class competitively. Unless you plan on going to National Tours anytime soon?

My class is STC.

Agent Smith
04-17-2012, 12:16 PM
Alika80, just go out there & have fun! Your guaranteed to learn something & enjoy your seat time. you can always compare your times to other cars & classes even if you don't "win".

Alika80
04-23-2012, 09:20 AM
You don't have to prep your car to the full letter of the rules to be in that class competitively. Unless you plan on going to National Tours anytime soon?

My class is STC.

Thats true. When will you be running again? I'd like to attend one soon, at least to watch. I have a few coworkers here that would like to try too.

Alika80, just go out there & have fun! Your guaranteeing to learn something & enjoy your seat time. you can always compare your times to other cars & classes even if you don't "win".

Yeah, Do yo autoX your CRX?