PDA

View Full Version : rebuilt b16a

cmerlo22
03-29-2012, 09:04 PM
ok, well I am done with my build.. well almost done.. I rebuild my b16a, installed all lines & all little guismos, now I annot get this to start, I replaced the fuel pump as this was bad, also check my distributor and I have spark, does anyone know what I can check,I can get it to grank over.. I set the crank pulley to tdc & adjusted the camps to the up right possition as stated on the manual but not really sure as to the distributor.. can anyone help, this will be my first start up.. so kind of exited...

damion
03-30-2012, 12:07 AM
check the grounds

cmerlo22
03-30-2012, 07:51 PM
ok this may seam like a dumb question but I did a wire tuck & have a big ground from the tranny to the frame of the car.. how many more do I need.??? 0_o

cmerlo22
03-30-2012, 08:09 PM
this is how it looks now...
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/EF%20pics/photo.jpg

king06
03-30-2012, 11:58 PM
Check the ground on the thermostat housing, check your plugs too, make sure you have fuel.

cmerlo22
03-31-2012, 04:10 PM
ill check the grounds too.. I have the one on the thermostat, hooked and a big one.. and check the fuel (is good) ill let you guys know if she fires up today.. thanks

cmerlo22
03-31-2012, 07:32 PM
ok so I added another ground but still can get the car to turn on.. I moved the distributor a little back and forth and it seamed like it wanted to start.. or back fire.. either way some sort of action.. is it bad if I keep on tranking the car over with out starting.. I dont want to ruined a fresh reguilt b16a.. any ideas anyone..

these are the grounds
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/EF%20pics/photo-1.jpg
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/EF%20pics/photo1.jpg

C.R.A.Y.
03-31-2012, 07:35 PM
That ground on the valve cover does absolutely nothing in that spot

cmerlo22
03-31-2012, 08:04 PM
ok well where can i put it.. I have shaved most holes in the bay.. so left very little number of places where I can actualy install it at..

1995dc24dr
03-31-2012, 08:33 PM
when i tuck my accord bay the fuse box that went under the hood shorted out and i would crank but not start i chaged every thing come to fined out it was that fuse box so u may want to check that

king06
03-31-2012, 10:40 PM
Make sure your timing is correct.

Rzarectah
03-31-2012, 11:07 PM
This^
Especially if its wanting to start while playing with the dizzy, it would be great to double check the base timing. Also check the TPS and MAP to make sure they aren't switched, idk how many times I've seen this happen.

cmerlo22
04-01-2012, 07:46 AM
ok now I am horrible with wiring and all, I did the whole wire tuck based on the original wiring diagram. so how do I check teh box... also I will reset the base timming, now I dont think the sensors are switched I changed my harnes from dual poit to multy point I made sure all the wires were marked the whole time.. how is here a spesific way to instal the dizzy, what I mean is do I have to set it at a certain point suck as 1st cylinder or does that have no relevance on timming setting.. I am trying to do all by myself as I have already rebuild the whole car.. but I guess If I cant figure this out I have to take the car to a shop.. fuck that sucks... any ideas on what to do or what shop in worse case senario...

cmerlo22
04-01-2012, 07:55 AM
here are some pics for the fuck of it.. thanks for all the help people... :)

how I got it
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/EF%20pics/DSCN1597.jpg
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/EF%20pics/DSCN1376.jpg
dash that came with
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/EF%20pics/DSCN1377.jpg
how people may not like this but I dont like the ef dash so installed the integra one
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/EF%20pics/DSCN1378.jpg
installed
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/EF%20pics/7.jpg
block pre machine shop.. was fucked up lol
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/EF%20pics/2.jpg

I was going to start a project thread but have been working on these on the weekends after work so dont
have much time.. so far I have been working on this for 1 year.. so really want to get it started...

Rzarectah
04-01-2012, 08:41 AM
So long as your timing is good you ought to be able to start the car with the dizzy either all the way forward or back. Setting it in the middle is a good starting point until you can get a timing light on it. Do you have a timing light? You can check the timing while just cranking the engine alone.

cmerlo22
04-01-2012, 10:16 AM
no but I can get one... is it back to keep on crakyng the engine.. my brother said I was going to fuck up the internals due to no oil.. the engine has oil and the pump is new... itr... Ill re set the engine now and let you know asap.. thanks for the help man..

INTEGRA DC2
04-01-2012, 10:32 AM
did you have any issues installing the dizzy? if you install the distributor 180 off it will do the symptoms that you are talking about. And to what Cray said the ground needs to be on one of the studs and not to the valve cover itself. If you want that"tucked" look put the valve cover ground on the back of the cover and go to the shock tower.

This kinda is confusing me. This picture show a brake tuck and everything has been relocated inside of the vehicle
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/EF%20pics/DSCN1597.jpg

And this one shows the lines in the bay
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/EF%20pics/DSCN1376.jpg

when you did the tuck did you cut and extend wires?

cmerlo22
04-01-2012, 11:55 AM
lol my bad.. they are small pics and did not really look at hem.. yes the one with the lines in the bay was when I was doing the shave.. now all the lines are in the car behind the dash .. my bad.. I apologize.. Ill post some more pics.. here is one where I re installed the ground to the block... also checked the timing on the crank pulley and cams timing is correct.. now can you expalined the distributor setting.. when I got it.. I did not check which way it was set.. did not know if it needed to be set at a certain point..
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/photo4.jpg
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/photo3.jpg
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/photo2.jpg
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/photo.jpg

cmerlo22
04-01-2012, 12:01 PM
here is the distributor how its set the crank is set at tdc... and distributor seam to be on 4 cylinder... well I think is this a problem
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/photo-1.jpg

king06
04-01-2012, 12:02 PM
The dis only goes on one way.

Make sure your plug wires are on right.

C.R.A.Y.
04-01-2012, 12:14 PM
wouldnt matter where the distributor it will start no matter what spot its in unless you some how managed to put it on backwards without breaking it.

Pull a plug wire off and put a screwdriver in it and put it by a ground to see if you got spark.

If you got spark, get some carb cleaner or starting fluid and spray it in the intake if it starts youre lacking fuel.

If it still doesnt start after that bust out a compression tester and check for compression.

cmerlo22
04-01-2012, 12:50 PM
ok I check the wires and I do have spark, ,that is one of the first things I did.. I also changed the pump cause i tried to start it but had no fuel.. so there is fuel now.. checked.. and the presure I am sure it should be good as I rebuilt the whole engine.. installed newrings.. and all.. and also propely lined the rings based on the honda manual...

C.R.A.Y.
04-01-2012, 12:59 PM
ok I check the wires and I do have spark, ,that is one of the first things I did.. I also changed the pump cause i tried to start it but had no fuel.. so there is fuel now.. checked.. and the presure I am sure it should be good as I rebuilt the whole engine.. installed newrings.. and all.. and also propely lined the rings based on the honda manual...

ok you can be sure that the pump is getting fuel to the rail but how do you know the injectors are firing? do the carb cleaner to make sure.

There is lots of variables that would make you not have compression.... for instance did you set the valve lash correctly?

cmerlo22
04-01-2012, 01:11 PM
ok checked the wires this is the sequence i install in.. matched my gsr.. and added starter fluid to the intake.. nothing.. the first time i did it with out the starter fluid there was a load bang and a flame came out of the exaust.. well it only reachs past the block at this time but still, did not start.. secont time nothing. third same thing happen.. added starter fluid and nothing.. at all... any ideas.. any one can help plz...
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/photo-2.jpg

cmerlo22
04-03-2012, 07:45 PM
ok I did not set the valve lash at all.. also I will check the compresion.. thanks for the help.. work late hours so I can only do most of my work on sat or really late at night...

cd5sir
04-03-2012, 08:34 PM
It kinda looks like your firing order is off

cd5sir
04-03-2012, 08:35 PM
On the dizzy 3rd and 4th are backwards switch them and it shoud fire up .

cmerlo22
04-04-2012, 07:45 PM
what.. so number one is at the bottom rear.. 2 is at bottom front.. 3 is at top front???? and 4 is at top rear???.. you mean my wires are wrong right??? sorry... just a little comfused.. I checked my gsr and wires seam to go the way i put them.. but hell I ll give it a shot.. I also havent check the valve lash.. so will try this weekend and let you guys know.. wish me luck hopefully I can get this car running asap...

cd5sir
04-05-2012, 02:47 AM
No just switch 3rd and 4th wire on dizzy

cmerlo22
04-05-2012, 08:05 PM
ok swaped out the wires..no luck... have notdone the valve lash yet... will need to check that on sat... if any one has any other ideas or can help. it would be apreceated...

adam
04-05-2012, 08:26 PM
ok swaped out the wires..no luck... have notdone the valve lash yet... will need to check that on sat... if any one has any other ideas or can help. it would be apreceated...

Im almost willing to bet its the valve adjustment thats causing this.

cmerlo22
04-07-2012, 05:08 PM
ok will work on this today.. I will get it measured right & hopefully she fires up...

cmerlo22
04-07-2012, 07:58 PM
ok adjusted the vlalves . which by the way was like "zero" to factory specs.. still nothing.. I had alot of firing but would not start dont know wtf is wrong now.. wires placed in order 3 4 ... any other ideas before this car hits the shop.... 0_o
1 2

cmerlo22
04-07-2012, 08:03 PM
I had a fucken hard time getting the nut tight so had to improvise
excuse my shitty tool.. lmao
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/photo-3.jpg

cd5sir
04-08-2012, 12:46 AM
Try giving it a jump and see if it will start that way

cmerlo22
04-08-2012, 09:12 AM
what do you mean.. like jump start the battery.. its new.. I pulled the battery out of my running car...

bigballsmagerki
04-08-2012, 10:07 AM
firing order, injector wiring or order. Timing. ive seen key way on the camshaft stripped before. What CEL are you throwing. try swapping out dizzy if you know someone with a working one. Was this engine running before. How old is gas as well.

88todab16crx
04-08-2012, 10:23 AM
I had a fucken hard time getting the nut tight so had to improvise
excuse my shitty tool.. lmao
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/photo-3.jpg

That works better with a long wrench and bend it.

Sent from where my phone is at.

cmerlo22
04-08-2012, 02:16 PM
I was going to bend a wrench but gigured since I had a bunch of sockets laying around I could do this.. worked good...

cmerlo22
04-08-2012, 02:18 PM
firing order, injector wiring or order. Timing. ive seen key way on the camshaft stripped before. What CEL are you throwing. try swapping out dizzy if you know someone with a working one. Was this engine running before. How old is gas as well.

fuck I tucked all the wires under my dash.. may be a pain in the ass... dont know what you mean by cel, and no none with a running obd0 dizzy.. engine was running when I bought it.. si I know all the sensors should be good.. only one I changed really was the oil presure one.. other than that all remained stock...

cd5sir
04-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Are you getting spark and fuel ?

cmerlo22
04-10-2012, 08:17 PM
as what I can tell yes.. I tried one wire and got spark, I assumed they all worked.. I guess its time to check them all, now I changed to fuel pump and now I am getting fuel.. as if the injectors are spraying that is a different story.. I dont know if they are working right.. I sprayed starter fluid in the intake but nothing.. funny thing I called a auto shop and they told me they did not want to touch my car since i Did a wire tuck and they think i fucked it up.. lmao.. I guess I could have??!!! so any other suggestions would be great since it is looking like I am fucked BIG TIME...

Broskiballa
04-11-2012, 12:23 AM
Stay focused and keep trouble shooting. You maybe overlooking something so small when you figure it out, you will laugh.

bigballsmagerki
04-11-2012, 12:31 AM
or just forever cursing lol

cd5sir
04-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Check for spark , see if you can jump the battery to start.

cmerlo22
04-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Stay focused and keep trouble shooting. You maybe overlooking something so small when you figure it out, you will laugh.

I have, I am just to impatient for trouble shooting, i get anoyed quick, but my brother is good, I may call him this weekend to have him check.. plus it does not help that I work fucken 6 days a week and get home like at 8 pm.. so most of my work is done on sun...

cmerlo22
04-11-2012, 08:01 PM
or just forever cursing lol

that is exactly how I am right now... -_-

Check for spark , see if you can jump the battery to start.

I will check all the cylinders for spark, but the battery does not need jump is new & is the one that is in my other car.. so I know for a fact it has juice...

sihatch
04-12-2012, 05:02 PM
sure u dnt have the map sensor plug and tps sensor plug switched? seen this problem before and be sure u have the correct injector plug going to each injector in the correct order

sihatch
04-12-2012, 05:03 PM
cars not throwing any check engine lights?

cmerlo22
04-13-2012, 09:25 PM
sure u dnt have the map sensor plug and tps sensor plug switched? seen this problem before and be sure u have the correct injector plug going to each injector in the correct order
shit.. I check.. I did the whole wiring for the car several months back and now dont remember what the fuck I did.. I am going to have to pull the fucken wiring diagram out.. shit Ill try and shwitch em. and see if I can get it crancked.. Ill also check the colors and where the inectors go.. fuck worst case senario Ill rewire the whole engine or have the shop re wuire it...

cmerlo22
04-13-2012, 09:26 PM
any takers on the rewiring??? lol

C.R.A.Y.
04-13-2012, 09:42 PM
Where you located?

cmerlo22
04-15-2012, 09:53 AM
ok I checked the wiring on the injectors and they apear as if they were not in the right, I had them 1 2 3 4 , but I assumed they are numbered based on cylinder so I changed them to 4 3 2 1, cRANKED the car and nothing.. I also switched the map and tps sensor.. nothing.. if any one can help me get this thing started.. I really want to get it going but cant catch a break.. I live in avondale... for any one interested...

cmerlo22
04-15-2012, 10:27 AM
an update, I tried checking the codes, so i put the clip on the blue plug for the codes, and turn the switch on, it blinked once that was it, but took the clip off and blink once again. I am not sure if this is a code or just the power to the ecu... I may be doing it wrong.. I inseted the key and turn the key to the first stage no blinks, then I did the next step but did not crank the car there was the one blink.. now the car is supposed to have 2 o2 sensors but I only have the one in the header as the car is missing the rest of the exhaust. does it need 2 sesors to start? also some of the sensors are the old ones so I dont know if they all worked by now.. it started when I got the motor but I guess they could have broken sitting in my garage in a box....??? any ideas...

Sound=vibration
04-17-2012, 07:44 AM
Are you obd1 or obd0? From what I have read your still unsure if your injectors are firing correct?

C.R.A.Y.
04-17-2012, 07:52 AM
I'd say you probably did something wrong with the mpfi swap. If you don't figure it out by friday I could head down there with my voltmeter and diagnose it for you for some gas.

Mr.Burner
04-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Are you sure when you tightened the timing belt slack was on the water pump side? if not this will give you a tooth off. just throwin it out there, but it should run on carb cleaner if you got spark.

cmerlo22
04-18-2012, 08:54 PM
Are you obd1 or obd0? From what I have read your still unsure if your injectors are firing correct?
yes.. they were used so dont know... but I did add some starter fluid and nothing..

I'd say you probably did something wrong with the mpfi swap. If you don't figure it out by friday I could head down there with my voltmeter and diagnose it for you for some gas.
any help would be great.. If I cant get this fixed I am ganna have to take it to a shop.. I called rtoy house and the guy said he would look at it.. so I am hoping he can get it.. again any hlep is apreciated.. I live in avondale..

Are you sure when you tightened the timing belt slack was on the water pump side? if not this will give you a tooth off. just throwin it out there, but it should run on carb cleaner if you got spark.

ok this is the first motor I rebuilt.. and was my test one.. I dont know.. I put in the belt and i instaled it on the water pump side so I am sure i did the slack on the fucken other side and no slack on the pump.. so ok ill expalined how i did it... ok i think i remember.. i set the block to tdc.. then ran the belt from the bottom to the water pump to the first pulley, set at I guess up???, then set the second cam gear to the top held it with a wrench and set the belt. .I then set the tensioner on to hold the belt.. did I fuck this up...?????

cmerlo22
04-18-2012, 08:54 PM
Oh my bad obdo

cmerlo22
04-18-2012, 08:56 PM
ok last thing injector one is the one on the cylinder 1 right.. so its based on cylinder order 4 3 2 1??? right.. cause i had them at 1 2 3 4 and I changed them... help.. plz..

Sound=vibration
04-19-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm sorry to sound critical but, why are you using a jumper to check your codes? The ecus will flash by its self. Are you sure your timing is set correctly? Pull a spark plug wire and put a spark plug in it, make sure for a fact you have spark.

cmerlo22
04-19-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm sorry to sound critical but, why are you using a jumper to check your codes? The ecus will flash by its self. Are you sure your timing is set correctly? Pull a spark plug wire and put a spark plug in it, make sure for a fact you have spark.
As what I see... Read on obd0 u are supposed to short the ecu to get the codes from obd0.. So that is what I did!! I put in a screw driver and I do have spark.... In all cylinders.. I think I fucked the slack I guess based on the guys comment above!!! Any ideas guy

cmerlo22
04-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Did I do it wrong mr burner!!!!???

Sound=vibration
04-19-2012, 10:06 PM
As far as i know no jumper is needed for an obd0 system. The jumper you are using is actually for setting the ignition timing. If you have a code it will simply flash on the ecu.

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu115/RonJ_HT/picture_3482.jpg

Also its a primitive way to check to make sure your injectors are working but, pull the rail leave the injectors in have a buddy turn the car to on. Make sure its not hot as this will make a mess, ive done it. doesnt mean im proud of it but if they squirt your getting fuel.

Next make sure your injector order is correct and they are getting the correct voltage. Are you using a resitor box on your injectors since your running obd0?

Sound=vibration
04-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Did I do it wrong mr Sound=Vibration!!!!???

I fixed that for you since you seemed to have mispelled my name, its ok no need to thank me good sir.

Sound=vibration
04-19-2012, 10:18 PM
I think this may help for your injector order.

This diagram gives the colors for each of the fuel injectors. You can ignore the resistor box since you're not going to be wiring one in. Also, left to right is passanger to driver's side just like you're looking at it from the front of the car

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j193/Schister66-3/injectors.jpg

Found on honda tech, this is not mine.

C.R.A.Y.
04-19-2012, 11:25 PM
It's not the injector order. If it was lacking fuel it would have started with the starting fluid. He said it has spark several times.

Compression test.

cmerlo22
04-20-2012, 09:02 PM
I fixed that for you since you seemed to have mispelled my name, its ok no need to thank me good sir.
I apologize.. thanks for the correction though.. all is apreciated...

I think this may help for your injector order.

This diagram gives the colors for each of the fuel injectors. You can ignore the resistor box since you're not going to be wiring one in. Also, left to right is passanger to driver's side just like you're looking at it from the front of the car

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j193/Schister66-3/injectors.jpg

Found on honda tech, this is not mine.
oh ok thanks Ill save this...
It's not the injector order. If it was lacking fuel it would have started with the starting fluid. He said it has spark several times.

Compression test.

ok well I followed you guys is advised and have seamed to figured out the problem.. as I ran a compresion test on my car and cylinder 4 =115 3=120 2=110 1=30 I may be wrong but that 30 sounds like shit.. are the rest ok.. wtf did I do wrong.. does that mean I have to rebuid the whole thing... I ran it like 3 times got about same numbers... are they to low.. are they fine????

adam
04-20-2012, 09:11 PM
1 is bad.. Really bad.

damion
04-20-2012, 10:49 PM
^^^^ yea not good

cmerlo22
04-21-2012, 06:48 AM
1 is bad.. Really bad.
Ok how do the others look!!???
^^^^ yea not good
any idea what I fucked up ok or what it can... I am ganna start taking it apart again but just want to have an idea as to what I should be looking for!!!?? I'll take the head to the shit to check the valves and I guess I'll take the piston out!!??? Now do I need to replace the rod bearings if I take it out!???

cmerlo22
04-21-2012, 03:36 PM
ok check the timing .. seams ok here is some pics
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/fuck%20you%20car/photo3.jpg
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/fuck%20you%20car/photo5.jpg
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/fuck%20you%20car/photo4.jpg
then started taking the head apart::
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/fuck%20you%20car/photo6.jpg
how I am wordering If I had the cam holders in order.. this is the order it was in starting from passanger
1-2 3 1-4 all arrows pinting towards cams... is this the right order...
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/fuck%20you%20car/photo2.jpg
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/fuck%20you%20car/photo.jpg

ok i am determine to get this fixed.. if some one that is knowledagle can come and help.. I can pay as long as I can learn and get this shit completed... I am ganna take the head out and take it to the shop incase something is bent or fucked.. I whent and asked and they said something may be stuck or broken.. but I am hesitant to take the head out.. I dont want to i I really dont have to.. any feed back anyone?????

cmerlo22
04-21-2012, 04:10 PM
ok sorry to keep on posting but I only work on my car on the weekends. and took the day to find out wtf... here are some morepics of the head.. nothing seams to be stuck.. but you be the judge..

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/fuck%20you%20car/photo7.jpg
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/fuck%20you%20car/photo8.jpg
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/fuck%20you%20car/photo9.jpg
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/fuck%20you%20car/photo10.jpg
ok new update.. I desided to blow on one of the cylinders.. 3 out of the 4 did leak a little from the valves since I heard them the cylinder one sounded leaked alot.. I could hear the air coming out of somewhere on the car and did not keep any presure.. I went a head and riged the compresor and found that it was leaking from the intake.. I mean the actual intake ports.. wtf.. is thisgood or really bad news...??????

C.R.A.Y.
04-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Did you make sure that cylinder was at tdc or bdc to make sure all the valves were closed?

cmerlo22
04-21-2012, 07:17 PM
at what time.. when I was blowing on them.. yes the bottom was at tdc.. I really dont know what bdc is.. but there were no cams in the car, I was blowing on it as the last pics show with no cams at all.. shouldnt they all be closed????

cmerlo22
04-21-2012, 07:18 PM
should I take the head off and take it to get checked.. could it be my pistons???? sorry for all the questions... again any one interested in helping.. help would be apreciated...

C.R.A.Y.
04-21-2012, 07:23 PM
If its blowing out the intake that valve isn't seating properly or bent.

cmerlo22
04-22-2012, 06:32 AM
ok so that means take head out right!!! ok Ill take it out today and see what else may be wrong with it.. I had the head checked and vales done... there was one that was bent but all others were fine... Ill have the guy take a look at it..

cmerlo22
04-22-2012, 09:09 AM

ok took head off... this is the block.. it all looks good and it does not look like none of the valves hit the pistons.. but here is a pic.. also I drained the fucken coolant but there still was some in the head.. wich fell in to the cylinders.. now I know I need to change the oil.. is there anything else I need to do after i re install the head... head will be going to the mahcine shop on monday..
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/fuck%20you%20car/1photo.jpg
this is the first one that leaks on the intake side..
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/fuck%20you%20car/2photo.jpg
and the rest
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/fuck%20you%20car/3photo.jpg
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/fuck%20you%20car/4photo.jpg
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/fuck%20you%20car/4photo.jpg
and here are the valves. all and the first cylinder nothing aperars to be wrong..
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/fuck%20you%20car/1.jpg
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx193/cmerlo25/fuck%20you%20car/5photo.jpg

C.R.A.Y.
04-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Put a spark plug in that cylinder that was leaking. Place the head upside down with the combustion chamber pointing up. Fill that chamber with a liquid. Some people use water some oil. Your choice. Let it sit, if it's not properly sealed the liquid will leak through the valves and you'll be sure.

mr.DUNK
04-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Looks like some odd scoring on the cylinder walls better pics please, also just fill the intake ports with brake cleaner they might leak a little bit but it will be a small amount over time.

cmerlo22
04-22-2012, 07:17 PM

Put a spark plug in that cylinder that was leaking. Place the head upside down with the combustion chamber pointing up. Fill that chamber with a liquid. Some people use water some oil. Your choice. Let it sit, if it's not properly sealed the liquid will leak through the valves and you'll be sure.
I was going to try this but packeged it to take it to the machine shop on monday.. I know for a fact that it leaks.. I left the plug out and blew while the head was in the block.. mad air came out of the fucken intake port.. none on the exaust just intake.. but not a little it was fucken alot.. no the pistons dont seam to have made contact with the valves.. and this head was worked on by a machine shop.. arent they supposed to fix it... I may be wrong but I did not work to the head aside form instaling it... I am going to check with the machine shop and see what they say.. they text all my valves last time and said only one was bent.. and was replaced.. I though the head would be the least thing that was wrong.. but go figure...

Looks like some odd scoring on the cylinder walls better pics please, also just fill the intake ports with brake cleaner they might leak a little bit but it will be a small amount over time.

if you can show me on my pics where you need the pic from I dont mind taking better pics.. all the input is great.. I really like working on cars this is good experience for projects to come...

cmerlo22
04-29-2012, 09:14 PM
ok just got back from vacation.. also got the head back on wednesday.. will be putting it on on hopefully tomorrow and giving it a shot a turning on.. guy at the shop said there was some dirt that kept the valve open.. so he pulled it out.. cleaned it and now we are set again for a secont try...

Slo_sohc
07-31-2012, 07:41 PM
ok just got back from vacation.. also got the head back on wednesday.. will be putting it on on hopefully tomorrow and giving it a shot a turning on.. guy at the shop said there was some dirt that kept the valve open.. so he pulled it out.. cleaned it and now we are set again for a secont try...

Good luck buddy hope all goes well, i am dealing with similar problems. Keep us updated

dsmskyline
08-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Even if there was an issue with the valves on 1 cylinder the motor should still fire, it would just be missing and not run well.

Do you have access to another harness to swap in and see if it changes anything?