PDA

View Full Version : bogging issue

SlowLS
04-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Okay so last night i finished putting on the innovative mounts on my 01 coupe, then we took it for a spin and everything went great.......until.......i start to see smoke coming out of the engine bay, which was weird to me because prior to replacing the mounts, it never did that so i have no clue why it started, the only thing i can think of is its burning the wd40 i sprayed on the bolts to help break them loose on the downpipe. moving on, after driving it i went to drop my cousin off at his place then were looking around the bay to see what can be causeing it to smoke and for some reason or another, my cousin says " how much vaccume does the TB have and puts his hand on top of my TB (yes, i was running without an intake last night) and the cause does the natual thing and boggs down then recovers. then when i'm getting ready to leave, the car boggs so bad i can get it to go faster then 5 MPH and sounds like its gonna die, then works ok so i get on it, then boggs really bad again, then after i take a hard left turn, it starts to work perfect ( as if i knocked something in place) so i gun it to get home and the minute i pull into the garage, the CEL light pops on but its stops bogging, for the time being. I'm picking up an obd2 reader today so i'll check the code when i get home, but im unfamiliar with em2's and i dont know what could have caused it to do this. does anyone have any suggestions?

flushek
04-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Make sure u didn't knock and wires loose to ur manifold

SlowLS
04-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Make sure u didn't knock and wires loose to ur manifold

if i did, which wire would it be?

luis8585
04-04-2012, 10:07 AM
uuuh you fuck up your engine lol

bb4arson
04-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Check your whole harness man its not that hard if you have a jack stand .

But I would take the car to vatozone I'm pretty sure they can hook up the code(s)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

luis8585
04-04-2012, 11:39 AM
check your o2 sensor and knock sensor both are in back of your engine

SlowLS
04-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Check your whole harness man its not that hard if you have a jack stand .

But I would take the car to vatozone I'm pretty sure they can hook up the code(s)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

it wont make it to vato zone, i can go faster then 5mph, lol

flushek
04-04-2012, 11:49 AM
On a em2 nothing on ur harness should be disconnected. Unless it swapped ect. Just check all the connectors anyway

SlowLS
04-04-2012, 07:16 PM
i checked the code, it was bank 1 o2 sensor and egr lift malfunction.

why would my o2 sensor go bad just by disconnecting it?

flushek
04-04-2012, 08:12 PM
It won't. Something else ie. the egr valve is making it throw the code

Rzarectah
04-04-2012, 08:44 PM
EGR making an O2 throw a code? Probably possible but it could also be the other way around. The EGR malfunction sounds culprit, too much exhaust reintroduced into the cylinders with a poor reading of what is rich or lean from a bad O2 sound like the AF ratio may be off and causing the bogging. Just thinking aloud. Try to disconnect the EGR and give it a whirl. The car will run without the oxygen sensor until its in closed loop, aka once it gets to temperature.

SlowLS
04-04-2012, 08:57 PM
EGR making an O2 throw a code? Probably possible but it could also be the other way around. The EGR malfunction sounds culprit, too much exhaust reintroduced into the cylinders with a poor reading of what is rich or lean from a bad O2 sound like the AF ratio may be off and causing the bogging. Just thinking aloud. Try to disconnect the EGR and give it a whirl. The car will run without the oxygen sensor until its in closed loop, aka once it gets to temperature.

Well, I ran it tonight with both o2 sensors and the egr valva unplugged, no bogging. I'll run it again tomorrow with just the o2's plugged in and see what happens

SlowLS
04-18-2012, 10:30 AM
i fixed it. it was 2 loose wires on my o2 sensor plug. ***facepalm***