PDA

View Full Version : Tunning

EK_FTW
04-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Ok I have a poor mans type R and I need a tune a street tune will do fine dose anyone know somone or dose anyone do good street tune

Haters stfu

MIRANDA88
04-04-2012, 03:17 PM
DedspooL yoo.

EK_FTW
04-04-2012, 03:24 PM
DedspooL yoo.

Lol fuck that

Fix.it.again.Tony
04-04-2012, 03:33 PM
lol you called us haters

wtf is tunning?

Pendulum
04-04-2012, 03:35 PM
1st off, wtf is "tunning"?

2nd, anyone who calls someone a "hater" is probably about as intelligent as my left testicle. Definitely not as smart as my right nut. Ol' righty wears a monocle and a top hat; that fucker's educated. Joe Schmoe has a pic of it as his avatar.

EK_FTW
04-04-2012, 08:44 PM
1st off, wtf is "tunning"?

2nd, anyone who calls someone a "hater" is probably about as intelligent as my left testicle. Definitely not as smart as my right nut. Ol' righty wears a monocle and a top hat; that fucker's educated. Joe Schmoe has a pic of it as his avatar.

Dude stfu car thread not an ass hole thread I asked a simple question got an answer I'f you don't, don't even post ok

C.R.A.Y.
04-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Why a street tune?

Only people I know that do those for Hondas fail at life

EK_FTW
04-05-2012, 05:12 AM
Why a street tune?

What do you suggest cray

C.R.A.Y.
04-05-2012, 06:42 AM
Locash if you have money. What side of town are you on and what's you budget?

taintschwacker
04-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Why a street tune?

didnt you used to street tune??? lol

C.R.A.Y.
04-05-2012, 08:34 AM
didnt you used to street tune??? lol

yup. i havent in years. you get to a point where youre not comfortable in a car when the owner is too cheap to rent a dyno. Or youre breaking the tires loose in fourth at 100 plus and you fear for your safety. Even then i have always said a street tune should only be used to make the safe and reliable to drive till you can get on the dyno.

Street tune can get the job done but its not the best choice. In the past i have street tuned a few cars that have made 10 second passes but i definitely dont offer the service anymore. I still stand by my statement, the only people i know right now in the phoenix that offer street tunes arent too great.

chicken bandit
04-05-2012, 08:52 AM
I'll street tube you!!
I have plenty of skunk2 chips:)

Colten79
04-05-2012, 09:58 AM
I'll street tube you!!
I have plenty of skunk2 chips:)
Or in Shawnie's case, the internet.. and then a quick search through pgmfi for someone else's posted bin. thats for a similar setup lol

taintschwacker
04-05-2012, 10:13 AM
yup. i havent in years. you get to a point where youre not comfortable in a car when the owner is too cheap to rent a dyno. Or youre breaking the tires loose in fourth at 100 plus and you fear for your safety. Even then i have always said a street tune should only be used to make the safe and reliable to drive till you can get on the dyno.

Street tune can get the job done but its not the best choice. In the past i have street tuned a few cars that have made 10 second passes but i definitely dont offer the service anymore. I still stand by my statement, the only people i know right now in the phoenix that offer street tunes arent too great.

I Can't argue with you on that one bit.

C.R.A.Y.
04-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Or in Shawnie's case, the internet.. and then a quick search through pgmfi for someone else's posted bin. thats for a similar setup lol

So true

bb4arson
04-05-2012, 10:40 AM
I heard locash tunes good, don't be confused by the name his prices have gone up. But he might be one of the best tuners for Hondas in arizona.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

bb4arson
04-05-2012, 10:46 AM
I heard locash tunes good, don't be confused by the name his prices have gone up. But he might be one of the best tuners for Hondas in arizona.

chicken bandit
04-05-2012, 02:32 PM

i wouldnt dare let him touch anything of mine.....
hes only known for multiple 1000whp cars

:)

EK_FTW
04-07-2012, 02:58 PM
well im not planing on keeping the car past this summer so just a basic street tune so my budget
is around 250

C.R.A.Y.
04-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Tweek will do it. Will it last through summer? Uhhhh...

EK_FTW
04-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Umm I hope I'm still trying to fix a oil leak I got comeing form a head gasket from front passenger side of engine right above engine Id number

C.R.A.Y.
04-08-2012, 08:07 PM
They leak there lots of time. Most the time it's the cam seal above it though.

And I hope you didn't assume I recommended tweek cause I didn't. He fails.

EK_FTW
04-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Il check cam seal but it don't look like it's leaking from it the head is dry

Dose he I don't know who he is

BDD
04-08-2012, 08:20 PM
assholes are like tuners..everybody knows one.. wait, what?

Koopa Troopa
04-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Why a street tune?

I street tuned this car...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdXAOnTWmzM
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4081/4922933140_736d94260d_z.jpg

And there's a dozen GTR's and Silvias running around Okinawa with t88 34d's with street tunes. Gotta tune the car somehow considering there's no working dyno on the island...

:drive:

C.R.A.Y.
04-08-2012, 10:04 PM
I street tuned this car...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdXAOnTWmzM
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4081/4922933140_736d94260d_z.jpg

And there's a dozen GTR's and Silvias running around Okinawa with t88 34d's with street tunes. Gotta tune the car somehow considering there's no working dyno on the island...

:drive:

your point? are you in az offering street tunes? no then why reply to my post with that info?
Sure they can be running and running fine, can you properly set timing on the street? no. They would all make more power if you tuned them on a dyno, thats what it is for... a big giant tool to get all you can out of your car.

Koopa Troopa
04-08-2012, 10:15 PM
I'd be more than happy to donate my time this weekend to street tune someone's car but since I'm a 4 hour drive away money to cover my gas better be involved...

My point is don't say things like,
"Why a street tune?

Only people I know that do those for Hondas fail at life"

An dude, you tune the timing map on the street the same way you'd tune it on a dyno... check knock and EGT's....

C.R.A.Y.
04-08-2012, 10:21 PM
An dude, you tune the timing map on the street the same way you'd tune it on a dyno... check knock and EGT's....

Oh god... Have fun with that. So you're going to tap his exhaust manifold for an egt gauge? Bringing you're own knock sensor too? The oem Honda one is worthless and anyone who has been tuning Hondas professionally will tell you the same thing. Tuning that way will work on cars like dsms but not so great on Hondas.

Koopa Troopa
04-08-2012, 10:30 PM
I really have nothing to say as you have a predetermined response for every response possible.

C.R.A.Y.
04-09-2012, 06:46 AM
I wouldn't say predetermined more of an informed response.

EK_FTW
04-10-2012, 02:05 PM
I'd rather do a street tune to make it run better even if it helps just a little I'm not going to locash so they can rape my walet it's not worth paying for a fraction of what my car is worth when it's not even on boost,so there's no reason to pay that much to get a tune for puting a b16 head on a gsr, affordable dyno tunning my ass. Il just make a house payment There's a reason why I drive honda. nuff said.

I'm not hating on dyno tunes but when it's 800+ for 2-3 hours to make 10-30 more hp not worth it, is when your going from a t3/t4 to a gt35 then I have no problem paying that much

Oh I fixed my leak by the way

Fix.it.again.Tony
04-10-2012, 03:52 PM
lol Locash isn't raping your wallet. they are just more than what you can afford. Don't pull the sour grapes routine, plenty of people can afford the tune just fine, and guess what, their car will run better than yours any time of the day. I would even be willing to be that the "wallet raping" dyno tune, will bring more power, reliability, and longevity to your car than your street tune will.

C.R.A.Y.
04-10-2012, 04:01 PM
I'd rather do a street tune to make it run better even if it helps just a little I'm not going to locash so they can rape my walet it's not worth paying for a fraction of what my car is worth when it's not even on boost,so there's no reason to pay that much to get a tune for puting a b16 head on a gsr, affordable dyno tunning my ass. Il just make a house payment There's a reason why I drive honda. nuff said.

I'm not hating on dyno tunes but when it's 800+ for 2-3 hours to make 10-30 more hp not worth it, is when your going from a t3/t4 to a gt35 then I have no problem paying that much

if its not a big change than why not use the stock ecu?

Koopa Troopa
04-10-2012, 04:08 PM

When do you want/ need this tune done? I'll teach you how to tune your car if you cover my gas and buy me a 6 pack of Rogue

Post up:

Engine specs
ECU specs
Whether or not you have your own wide band, etc.

C.R.A.Y.
04-10-2012, 04:10 PM
...Is your knock sensor in working order....

Lulz

Koopa Troopa
04-10-2012, 04:20 PM
You've tuned how many cars and with what ECU's Cray?

C.R.A.Y.
04-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Too many to count.

I only focus on Honda's so that would be hondata, Neptune, ectune, bre,tunerpro,turboedit, Crome and Aem(horrible).
Also have dabbled a bit with dsm link on a few dsms.

Just amusing that you think stuff transfers from one make to another. I mean you do know that knock sensors on Honda's are shut off over a certain load and rpm from the factory right? But I guess Honda didn't know what they were doing.

Koopa Troopa
04-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Just amusing that you think stuff transfers from in make to another.

No nintendo

C.R.A.Y.
04-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Sorry. Was pinching one off while replying and I misspelled a word. Fixed it for you there buddy. But usually on forums when someone starts attacking grammar they are just to proud to admit their fault.

Koopa Troopa
04-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Nah, I really just had no idea what you were trying to say. I can't reply if you're not making sense.

FYI, generally if your ECU is still using factory sensors you shouldn't expect much out of it to begin with so I'm not understanding the big OMG Honda knock sensors issues.

I'm half tempted to 'street tune' my next Honda just because of this conversation.

C.R.A.Y.
04-10-2012, 05:00 PM
I guess Locash pulling 1000plus hp out of the stock sensors/ecu isn't much then.

Who said anything about knock issues? This all started when you mentioned you can street tune timing by knock counts. This guy can't afford over 250 for a tune like he said so why are you acting like you're going to throw a real stand alone on his car that actually will register real knock to tune his car?

EK_FTW
04-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Anyway Joe so what did you do to my ecu. Ls ecu working for a poormans type r?? Just a chip?

Koopa Troopa
04-10-2012, 05:36 PM
I guess Locash pulling 1000plus hp out of the stock sensors/ecu isn't much then.

Who said anything about knock issues? This all started when you mentioned you can street tune timing by knock counts. This guy can't afford over 250 for a tune like he said so why are you acting like you're going to throw a real stand alone on his car that actually will register real knock to tune his car?

When do you not use knock as a guide for timing?

And I'm not acting anything, you're putting words in my mouth. I simply said if your ECU is still using factory sensors you shouldn't expect much out of it in the first place and it's 100% correct just cause you can make 1,000whp with it doesn't make my statement any less correct.

C.R.A.Y.
04-10-2012, 06:08 PM
When do you not use knock as a guide for timing?

Never duh. You just don't use inaccurate ways to measure it. Jeeze

Koopa Troopa
04-10-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm now confused.... You're saying everyone in America swaps out their OEM knock sensors then?

C.R.A.Y.
04-10-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm now confused.... You're saying everyone in America swaps out their OEM knock sensors then?

Lmao no. People that know what they are doing dont set timing on a street tune. That way they can find mbt properly and look for other factors that would indicate knock. Not a shitty knock sensor that is designed for emissions related purposes.

taintschwacker
04-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Anyway Joe so what did you do to my ecu. Ls ecu working for a poormans type r?? Just a chip?

why dont you just get a p28 ecu, go to a place like bbn and get a crome chip installed with a type r base map on it for like 75-100 bucks until you get enough done that YOU think it would require a dyno tune.. Since like you said you wont get much of a power gain from tuning...

C.R.A.Y.
04-10-2012, 08:53 PM
why dont you just get a p28 ecu, go to a place like bbn and get a crome chip installed with a type r base map on it for like 75-100 bucks until you get enough done that YOU think it would require a dyno tune.. Since like you said you wont get much of a power gain from tuning...

thats what i was getting at when i asked why he doesnt just use a stock ecu. p72 will run it since he isnt concerned much about performance.

taintschwacker
04-10-2012, 09:14 PM
thats what i was getting at when i asked why he doesnt just use a stock ecu. p72 will run it since he isnt concerned much about performance.

gotcha, i said p28 with a chip so he can curb his appetite for a street tune and feel like its a racecar with that setup. Lol