PDA

View Full Version : K24A2 Swap - need cost est.....

SlowLS
04-18-2012, 10:35 AM
I found a full K24A2 swap for 3800 on HMO. here is the link to what it comes with

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30034

Now, on top of that i know i am going to need conversion mounts for my em2. is that it? do i need kpro since its coming with the factory harness and ecu? Or can i use what they give me, drop it in and run it like that?

Is there anything else i need?

Rob x3
04-18-2012, 02:27 PM
in for answers...

EM1 jooowizzzle
04-18-2012, 02:46 PM
i believe you can use the factory ecu but, youll need an immobilizer.
k20a.org has all the answers youll need

Acurazor
04-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Comes with these parts.
- Motor
- Hydraulic Tranny
- ECU (PRB)
- Axles with Half Shaft
- Shift Cables and Shift Box
- Stock Motor Mounts *
- Alternator
- Starter
- Clutch
- Flywheel
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Fuel Rail
- Injectors
- Coils
- Engine Harness
- Comes With All Sensors Needed

Sounds good right.....wrong. I'm in the process of doing a kswap in my teg. So I'm going through finding parts and researching and researching and researching. haha.
Anyway you still need to buy alot of stuff to complete the swap. Thruthfully you are better off just buying a long block of the k motor of your choice. The k24a2 is most peoples choice.

But if you bought this you would still need to buy:
Mounts, swap header, axles, tranny(not sure is TSX tranny works in a swap but I dont think so), rsx type s engine harness, kpro, conversion harness, fuel system, shift box adapter plate, ac/ps delete kit, or parts to use ac/ps. That might be all. Do your homework before you just into a k swap, especially if you haven't done many swaps.

Acurazor
04-18-2012, 02:55 PM
i believe you can use the factory ecu but, youll need an immobilizer.
k20a.org has all the answers youll need

you can use a factory ecu yes, but not that one. All those parts are from a TSX. You need to run a rsx engine harness and ecu. You have 3 choices when it comes to ECU on a k swap. (best)kpro, (gets you by) RSX type s ecu(PRB) with immobilizer delete kit, or if you can find one a JDM ITR ecu (PRC) almost same as PRB but the JDM ecus didn't have immobilizer so it'll work.

EM1 jooowizzzle
04-18-2012, 04:01 PM
this is for an em2 tho.. everything should easily bolt right up

Acurazor
04-18-2012, 04:24 PM
I read wrong. Still em2 is no walk in the park. Still have to get Rsx subframe, axles, harness etc. em2 and Rsx chassis are very similar. But all this stuff is from a tsx which is completely different.

MUG
04-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Em2 is a simple swap,you need subrame from ep3 si or rsx-s,axles from base rsx, kpro or an imobilizer. You can use your stock shifter box in your em2 but you will use rsx shifter cables,the tsx tranny will not work you will need a rsx tranny,hasport mounts plus crv mount since youre using a k24. Harness from the k24a2 and a jumper harness from chase bays. If you want to have a/c you must get the high side a/c line from a ep3. That'll get you running but there are a few more odds and ends. All together I estimated about $6,500 to swap my em2,thus far i have a Karcepts throttle body adapter for the RBC manifold so I have a long way to go.

Mr.Burner
04-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Dont you need the bigger hubs to??

or use the rsx 5 lug hub that would work to... deff worth doing it.

Broskiballa
04-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Sounds like a fun swap regardless.

MUG
04-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Dont you need the bigger hubs to??

or use the rsx 5 lug hub that would work to... deff worth doing it.
Not on em2,if you use the Type S you have to change over to 5 lug but its a bitch to keep abs.

EM1 jooowizzzle
04-18-2012, 11:12 PM
i have abs btwn my foot and the pedal

SlowLS
04-19-2012, 08:28 AM
so then would it be easier to swap a K20 rather than a K24?

prelude202
04-19-2012, 09:09 AM
You need kpro!

MUG
04-19-2012, 05:43 PM
so then would it be easier to swap a K20 rather than a K24?

It depends on what you want,if you were going to spend 3800 on a k24 full swap which you wnt be able to use a lot of the parts especially tranny than id say go with a k20 swapp its only 4000 and you can use evey part except the stock mouns. But for me id say buy the k24a2 for around 1700 and a rsx type type s tranny for a $1000. Than just buy the other parts,but for me I want the torque of the k24 screw high revving to get the power out of a motor. Id say go k24a2 you can always slap a k20a2 head on it build it up and rev it to the stratosphere if that's your deal,I plan to put a jackson racing blower on my stock one tho.