PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Shocks/Struts and Springs

hp2002grad
05-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Looking for some options regarding aftermarket shocks/struts with lowering springs. What lowering springs work with oe shocks/struts?

MUG
05-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Id go with Ground Control sleeves or Skunk 2 sleeves but if you dump them out the stock shocks will wear out fast. If you wanna dump it put either sleeves with tokico blues or koni yellows and they will ride great,don't forget camber kits too.

All_Hail_White_Powa
05-03-2012, 03:09 PM
K sport is another

failedabortion
05-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Id go with Ground Control sleeves or Skunk 2 sleeves but if you dump them out the stock shocks will wear out fast. If you wanna dump it put either sleeves with tokico blues or koni yellows and they will ride great,don't forget camber kits too.

Wrong tokico shock...

If you want to go more than 2"s then go with full body coilovers.

04excoupester
05-04-2012, 02:42 PM
im having the same dilema i have an 04 ex coupe and i just got some gsr blades now i wanna lower it on just springs but dont know weather to go 1.5 or 2 inches cause i do not want to buy a rear camber kit any pictures, info links, ect. are greatly appriciated

MUG
05-04-2012, 06:03 PM
im having the same dilema i have an 04 ex coupe and i just got some gsr blades now i wanna lower it on just springs but dont know weather to go 1.5 or 2 inches cause i do not want to buy a rear camber kit any pictures, info links, ect. are greatly appriciated
Either way you are going to want to get it aligned in the front especially toe,and get a rear camber kit too.

Fix.it.again.Tony
05-04-2012, 06:04 PM

barf. don't be a cheapo

YO I WANNA BE SLAMMED ON BLADEZ SON!

failedabortion
05-04-2012, 06:25 PM
barf. don't be a cheapo

YO I WANNA BE SLAMMED ON BLADEZ SON!

1.5-2"s isn't slammed...he will be fine with 2" drop springs on stock shocks as long as the springs aren't to far off of the stock spring rates.

Fix.it.again.Tony
05-04-2012, 06:34 PM
1.5-2"s isn't slammed...he will be fine with 2" drop springs on stock shocks as long as the springs aren't to far off of the stock spring rates.

you'll be more likely to get a ZJ from a grizzly bear

failedabortion
05-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Like the guy getting one from the bears in the dairy queen commercial on hulu?

D17em2
05-05-2012, 01:19 PM
If u wana go low stop waisting money on spring and sleeves and just save up money and get full coilovers i when threw springs and sleeves and didn't like it until got ksport coilovers and now my car is low and smooth and im happy now