PDA

View Full Version : b series valve replacement

Slo_sohc
05-30-2012, 06:52 PM
Hey guys, i have a first gen b16. Fucked a couple valves, lost compression and looking to replace.

I have some valves from a gsr so not looking for any, my main question is, how much do shops usually charge to install them if i take them the head? Gonna pull out the engine soon and was just wondering a price range. Also, do any of you here in tucson have the tools available to do so? If so can i get a price pleeesh. Any input is appreciated, thanks guys.

88todab16crx
05-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Pm Collective Autowoks there work is awesome.

Slo_sohc
05-30-2012, 07:48 PM
Pm Collective Autowoks there work is awesome.

Will do, ill check in with scott tomorrow

.ej8
07-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Chances are the valve faces wont match the seats, really what you should do is take it to a machine shop and have them spec everything, cut the seats and put in new valve seals. About $200.

BDD
07-05-2012, 05:41 PM
It's usually around $25 a seat, but you might as well redo the entire head while you have it out. A valve job with new seals should be anywhere from $200-$300 depending on who is doing the work.

autoEG
07-06-2012, 06:36 PM
complete rebuild and 3 angle valve job for $120 nick hit me up

Slo_sohc
07-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Ok guys, i foundvthat it wasnt my valves. It is actually my rings on cyl2. The machine shop that installed my rings and bearings didnt gap the rings right and now my cyl walls have like minor burn msrks, kinda splotchy look and minor minor rub marks. Still able to see the cross hatch marks on the cyl walls. Just thought id go ahead and update for anyone having same troubles as me. So a quick tip for others, check those rings before purchasing new valve train. Even if the motor isnt smoking check that shit. Mine never smoked so i would have never guessed the rings, but now i know, and so do you.