PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Atkins Diet?

MUG
07-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Well on and off for the last few years I have battled being about 20 lbs overweight,and in the last few years I started getting really dizzy and having bad anxiety so I got xanax and thought it would help. Well I think I figured it out finally thank God. I just recently started Atkins and it cuts out all breads and sugars and my dizziness has went away almost completely no more xanax and no more anxiety. I have dropped 8 lbs in a lil over a week now and I will continue the diet till my target weight than I will assume a low carb low sugar diet after but not strictly Atkins. I have been told several times I was pre diabetic and I believe all the excess sugar was making me dizzy and causing anxiety from being constantly dizzy. Has anyone else had similar results or noticed such positive results from this diet?

Spec C
07-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Don't like the Adkins at all. Would rather see someone on paleo, a ckd, or just lower carb diet.

If it's working, run with it and like you said transition to something for the long term.

neveragain
08-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Higher protein/lower carbs (complex preferably), is my favorite diet and the diet that you'll hear most people recommend. Atkins is a LITTLE over the top for me, but keeping in mind that's just my opinion.

I did the atkins diet and I did lose a bit of weight, but I started to feel too tired and stuff, so I added some complex carbs like sweet potato and oatmeal. That helped a lot.