PDA

View Full Version : 92 Da die on me and overheating problem?

ludedudeh22
12-01-2012, 10:41 AM
I ha a da and i was driving it for abput 5 miles and it died on me. I tryed starting it again and it didnt. I waitied for liek 20 min and it start rigth up again. Could it be the igniter or the fuel filter?. Also it overheated but the under radiator hose was cold like water didnt run thru. Could it he my water pump too?. I replaced thermostat. Can anyone help me.out. i would apreciate it thanks :).

kguerrero
12-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Sounds like you bought a piece of shit lol

LS-S DA9
12-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Did it die from over heating? If so hope you didnt hurt your motor.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

ludedudeh22
12-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Did it die from over heating? If so hope you didnt hurt your motor.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Oh no!. It was normal temperature. When it died on me. I had to wait 20 to start it again.

LS-S DA9
12-01-2012, 12:06 PM
try another known good distributor. although mine acted up when it was going out. the rpms would jump around the car would die sometimes it would restart sometimes it wouldnt. as far as over heating flush out your system make sure you put the thermostat in right. make sure your fan is coming on. maybe you have a bad sensor on the back of the block, maybe its all clogged up or maybe you need a new pump.. and if you go the new pump route might as well put an oil pump tensioner and timing belt on it too..

jdmegmarcus
12-01-2012, 12:07 PM
so how do you know if it was overheating?

ludedudeh22
12-01-2012, 12:27 PM
try another known good distributor. although mine acted up when it was going out. the rpms would jump around the car would die sometimes it would restart sometimes it wouldnt. as far as over heating flush out your system make sure you put the thermostat in right. make sure your fan is coming on. maybe you have a bad sensor on the back of the block, maybe its all clogged up or maybe you need a new pump.. and if you go the new pump route might as well put an oil pump tensioner and timing belt on it too..

Yeah i replace the thermostat yesterday. How do i flush put the system?. I only tried burping it. well the fan is conected tp a switch because it didnt turn on when ut hit the higher temperature. Thanks for the advice i hope i get my da fix. :)

ludedudeh22
12-01-2012, 12:29 PM
so how do you know if it was overheating?

Beacause the temp gauge was almost at the H. But when i removed the rad cap it didnt have pressure or the coolant was hot. So idk what could it be.

efpower
12-05-2012, 02:35 PM
The whole dying thing sounds like the main relay to me. The over heating could be a stopped up radiator or bad water pump.

ludedudeh22
12-05-2012, 02:48 PM
The whole dying thing sounds like the main relay to me. The over heating could be a stopped up radiator or bad water pump.

Well the dying was a vacum line that was disconected, crazy lol. And the overheating i think is my water pump or my radiator is cloged. Im runing with open system . So no theemostat. Thats why my mechanic told me. And it hast been overheating.

ludedudeh22
12-05-2012, 02:49 PM
I still need to fix the radiator. It doesnt want to kick in. I already check the ect and is good.

1990db1
12-06-2012, 02:14 AM
Radiators don't "kick in". If you overheated and the lower hose was cold and there was no pressure then you must have a nasty leak. Opebning a rad when its hot would at least purge out steam.

Your pump is probably toast too.

die in a dick fire noob
12-06-2012, 09:22 AM
if it died then started after waiting my money is on the coil or the main relay, i don't see how a vacuum leak would have caused it to start later on.

efpower
12-06-2012, 02:57 PM
if it died then started after waiting my money is on the coil or the main relay, i don't see how a vacuum leak would have caused it to start later on.

Agreed.

OP- Check and see if all those little fins on your radiator are smashed flat or something. I was having a overheating problem when I first got my DA and came to realize way later how much of a difference all those little fins actually make. if you have a few spots where a good amount of them are smashed flat....I will guarantee that's probably your issue. Clogged radiators don't really happen that often unless it was totally neglected.

Easier to check out than the pump at least, which I don't really understand how exactly they fail when belt driven unless its leaking somehow.