PDA

View Full Version : Need a little input from fellow lifters

SiR Mikey
12-23-2012, 12:48 PM
For the past 3 years I've been wanting to open my own gym and I'm finally in a spot to make that happen. This is more a hobby for me than anything else so making money isn't the main goal here, although it would be a bonus. The idea is pretty simple- a small , affordable, 24 hour gym that members can go to and feel as if it is their own personal gym/family. It will be catered more for the power lifting crowd with just the bare essentials. Below is a list of what I already have, or will have prior to opening...

Multiple power racks
Flat bench
Incline bench
Leg press
Hip abductor/adductor
Leg extension
Seated calf machine
Deadlift platform
Lat pulldown
Multiple dumbbell benches
Texas power bar
Texas deadlift bar
Texas squat bar
Safety squat bar
Olympic curl bar
Pro style dumbbells
Bands
Chains
Lots-o-fucking plates

Now, my questions are

1. Regarding leg presses. Would a press on rollers vs bearing make or break you joining a gym? Would you be opposed to a hack squat/leg press combo unit?

2. I currently have a set of ivanko dumbbells in increments of 2.5 from 5-25, and increments of 5 from 25 to 50. I plan on going in increments of 10 from 50 up to 150. How would you feel about this as a lifter looking into a new gym?

3. Regarding ham machines. What do you guys find to be most effective/prefer? Seated leg curl, lying leg curl, or a glute ham developer?

4. I would like to get a cable crossover machine, standing calf machine, and further down the road a monolift. Aside from that, is there anything else you guys feel is an absolute necessity?

I appreciate the input from everyone. Might be kind of cool to once or twice a month have an AZHT lifting day when everything is done.

bb4arson
12-23-2012, 12:54 PM
You have stated most of the necessary.

I like lying seated hamstring machine

Location wise where would this be?

SiR Mikey
12-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Ideally between 59th ave and 7th st. South of Happy Valley and North of Cactus. Ideally I want something close to the 101/17 stack

Spec C
12-23-2012, 02:23 PM
For the past 3 years I've been wanting to open my own gym and I'm finally in a spot to make that happen. This is more a hobby for me than anything else so making money isn't the main goal here, although it would be a bonus. The idea is pretty simple- a small , affordable, 24 hour gym that members can go to and feel as if it is their own personal gym/family. It will be catered more for the power lifting crowd with just the bare essentials. Below is a list of what I already have, or will have prior to opening...

Multiple power racks
Flat bench
Incline bench
Leg press
Hip abductor/adductor
Leg extension
Seated calf machine
Deadlift platform
Lat pulldown
Texas power bar
Texas deadlift bar
Texas squat bar
Safety squat bar
Olympic curl bar
Pro style dumbbells
Bands
Chains
Lots-o-fucking plates

Now, my questions are

1. Regarding leg presses. Would a press on rollers vs bearing make or break you joining a gym? Would you be opposed to a hack squat/leg press combo unit?

2. I currently have a set of ivanko dumbbells in increments of 2.5 from 5-25, and increments of 5 from 25 to 50. I plan on going in increments of 10 from 50 up to 150. How would you feel about this as a lifter looking into a new gym?
5lb jumps would be better but I don't think 10lb is a huge deal. I would do 5lb incriments up to around 110-120 if you can afford it.

3. Regarding ham machines. What do you guys find to be most effective/prefer? Seated leg curl, lying leg curl, or a glute ham developer?

I think a lying leg curl, and a glute ham raise would be great. Something simple like this
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=7

I think one of these would be awesome too
http://www.roguefitness.com/ultra-supreme-reverse-hyper.php

4. I would like to get a cable crossover machine, standing calf machine, and further down the road a monolift. Aside from that, is there anything else you guys feel is an absolute necessity?

I appreciate the input from everyone. Might be kind of cool to once or twice a month have an AZHT lifting day when everything is done.

To your last question.
I would make sure you have at least ONE competition bench. An autospotting bench would be cool too but not a deal breaker.

A deadlift jack

A trap bar like this that can fit in a power rack
http://www.roguefitness.com/tb-1-rogue-trap-bar.php
http://store.sorinex.com/Sorinex-Diamond-Bar-p/p00215.htm

The ability to add bands to deadlifts. Need anchors by the DL platform.

a TBAR attachment in the corner somewhere.
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=3694

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

I am sure I could get a few people to come out a few times a month.

SiR Mikey
12-23-2012, 04:49 PM
To your last question.
I would make sure you have at least ONE competition bench. An autospotting bench would be cool too but not a deal breaker.

A deadlift jack

A trap bar like this that can fit in a power rack
http://www.roguefitness.com/tb-1-rogue-trap-bar.php
http://store.sorinex.com/Sorinex-Diamond-Bar-p/p00215.htm

The ability to add bands to deadlifts. Need anchors by the DL platform.

a TBAR attachment in the corner somewhere.
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=3694

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

I am sure I could get a few people to come out a few times a month.

My fiancees dad has this bench that he'll most likely bring. If he doesn't, then I'll be ordering one. http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=167&pid=193

Agree on the deadlift jack, I have a friend who is going to make one for me as well as a tbar corner piece. The deadlift platform is going to have a metal frame with "handles" to slip the bands on so we're good there as well. I'll add the hex bar to the list. I was considering it, but didn't want to go balls out buying equipment 1 in 500 people will use.

As for hams, I personally hate seated leg curls so I was leaning towards laying anyways. GHD's are relatively cheap so I may just get one of those as well

I honestly don't expect much out of the gym financially. Most people want a fitness club lined with cable machines and 40 tv's(planet fitness has a genius marketing strategy). If I can actually get a decent amount of members to sign up, to the point I'm not paying out of pocket anymore, then I have absolutely no problem forking over money for a monolift, self spotting bench, etc. That's the part I'm struggling with right now;finding a happy medium between necessities of a hobby, and what a profitable gym should supply. Appreciate all the input

Spec C
12-23-2012, 06:04 PM
If it wasn't so damn far I'd be there every day.

clean4door
12-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Sounds interesting and pretty close to me. Id be down to join once ur set up.

SiR Mikey
12-23-2012, 08:41 PM
If it wasn't so damn far I'd be there every day.
I'm glad to hear that, you're the type of person I'd like to have. Knowledgeable, helpful to everyone, and most importantly...no ego

Sounds interesting and pretty close to me. Id be down to join once ur set up.
Good stuff! I've been slowly buying equipment the past month. Business is slow for me this time of year, so I'm a little hesitant to really let loose. Everything should pick up again come February, and I want to have the rest of the equipment purchased by June. Hopefully I'll have it up and running to the public by August :thumbsup:

clean4door
12-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Sounds good. Ill have to keep an eye out. Im mot experienced like the others. But sounds like a fun place to work out

Spec C
12-24-2012, 07:43 AM
I'm glad to hear that, you're the type of person I'd like to have. Knowledgeable, helpful to everyone, and most importantly...no ego

When you get it up and running LMK. I will come up with my training partner. Maybe you guys can work something out for like weekly powerlifting coaching sessions if that is something you may be interested in. He is a hell of a coach, and pretty strong... heh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5lX5oNJRdo&feature=player_detailpage&list=UUb4liVMUN2yZEtSmaE-WYGw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUb4liVMUN2yZEtSmaE-WYGw&v=8RRDII4Zkdw&feature=player_detailpage

jakellama123
12-24-2012, 09:59 AM
GL mikey!

1badLst
12-24-2012, 10:07 AM
I will come lift here.......only if me and Spec can have a stare down....scream "come at me bro".....charge each other in a fit of rage..................................only to hug it out

But on a serious note, it sounds like a good idea. If executed and marketed right you could attract a decent following. I would be down to come out and support and lift when I can

SiR Mikey
12-24-2012, 08:39 PM
When you get it up and running LMK. I will come up with my training partner. Maybe you guys can work something out for like weekly powerlifting coaching sessions if that is something you may be interested in. He is a hell of a coach, and pretty strong... heh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5lX5oNJRdo&feature=player_detailpage&list=UUb4liVMUN2yZEtSmaE-WYGw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUb4liVMUN2yZEtSmaE-WYGw&v=8RRDII4Zkdw&feature=player_detailpage
Haha I approve. As far as trainers go, I actually would like to work a deal with a couple experienced trainers who just pay a percentage of their monthly earnings. A weekly powerlifting session would actually be a selling point, so I would work a different deal out that way. Bottom line, I'm definitely interested in having quality lifters coach, train, etc. My fiancees dad is actually a state bench record holder with WABDL, and his team will most likely lift there so I'm hoping to have a gym bubbling with knowledge.
GL mikey!
Thanks man. Just found out last night there's a mini me brewin' in the old lady's belly so it'll be an interesting year
I will come lift here.......only if me and Spec can have a stare down....scream "come at me bro".....charge each other in a fit of rage..................................only to hug it out

But on a serious note, it sounds like a good idea. If executed and marketed right you could attract a decent following. I would be down to come out and support and lift when I can

I LOVE it when big sweaty dudes hug it out in an innocent rage of alpha male dominance! Haha but I'm happy to hear that! I plan on doing minimal marketing. My hope is the gym will speak for, and sell itself solely through word of mouth.

jakellama123
12-24-2012, 11:43 PM
Thanks man. Just found out last night there's a mini me brewin' in the old lady's belly so it'll be an interesting year

I LOVE it when big sweaty dudes hug it out in an innocent rage of alpha male dominance! Haha but I'm happy to hear that! I plan on doing minimal marketing. My hope is the gym will speak for, and sell itself solely through word of mouth.

Congrats man!
luvu

intel
12-25-2012, 02:51 AM
im willing to pay a decent admission occasionally to come lift with all the big boys. i think this would be an AWESOME way to get my (and anyone else who has trouble) form in check with non douchebag second opinions and expert advice.

i always am looking for pointers or tips, but never know who you can trust or who is handing out good versus bad information at the local gym

SiR Mikey
12-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Congrats man!
luvu
Thanks man. Still hasnt set in lol
im willing to pay a decent admission occasionally to come lift with all the big boys. i think this would be an AWESOME way to get my (and anyone else who has trouble) form in check with non douchebag second opinions and expert advice.

i always am looking for pointers or tips, but never know who you can trust or who is handing out good versus bad information at the local gym
I agree man. At the commercial gyms you get a bunch of inexperienced idiots who buy some low grade test, let their egos blow up and give horrible advice. That or they stand around with their clique of friends mean mugging the rest of the gym

randizle
12-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Good luck, my step dad and i where looking into opening a anytime fitness and for there franchise its a automatic 85,000 cash down, LA Fitness was 250,000 down. We where going to open a anytime fitness but he got called in to go back to iraq :(

SiR Mikey
12-27-2012, 08:56 PM
Good luck, my step dad and i where looking into opening a anytime fitness and for there franchise its a automatic 85,000 cash down, LA Fitness was 250,000 down. We where going to open a anytime fitness but he got called in to go back to iraq :(

Thanks man. I'm not looking to compete with places like that. If I was, I'd open something with the intentions on growing as fast as possible only to sell out to a big commercial gym like LA. The cost of equipment to open a commercial gym like that is unreal, not to mention the cost of the franchise itself. Any plans on opening something when he comes back?

Rufus
12-28-2012, 07:17 PM
A buddy opened a gym and couldn't keep the doors open. It was even right where you want to open it. It was Oasis Gym. Be smart with your money's sir.

randizle
12-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Thanks man. I'm not looking to compete with places like that. If I was, I'd open something with the intentions on growing as fast as possible only to sell out to a big commercial gym like LA. The cost of equipment to open a commercial gym like that is unreal, not to mention the cost of the franchise itself. Any plans on opening something when he comes back?

Yea probley a anytime fitness in the fountain hills area. The owner of the anytime fitness in my area (chandler) opened up about 6 months ago and she said its a little slow right now and will not start to profit for another 6 months with how slow it is, but theres also 4 other gyms within a 5car mile radius lol

randizle
12-28-2012, 08:23 PM
5 mile radius

SiR Mikey
12-28-2012, 11:16 PM
A buddy opened a gym and couldn't keep the doors open. It was even right where you want to open it. It was Oasis Gym. Be smart with your money's sir.
I'm not stressing too bad. This is more of a place for serious lifters to go and escape the headache/lack of equipment of normal gyms. That in itself is an extremely small demographic. I'm way too busy with pest control anyways to worry about profits. If I have enough members to break even every month I'm happy.
Yea probley a anytime fitness in the fountain hills area. The owner of the anytime fitness in my area (chandler) opened up about 6 months ago and she said its a little slow right now and will not start to profit for another 6 months with how slow it is, but theres also 4 other gyms within a 5car mile radius lol
Right on man. Theres a gym in fountain hills I bought some equipment from right behind the fountain. Other than that one, there aren't many other gyms/fitness clubs out there. Cool thing about that area is the people that live their;it's all about status. If you charge $60 a month, they'll pay it just so they can say they are a member to your high class fitness center. Only downside is it'll be a hefty amount of money down if you don't finance equipment(gotta have "pretty" shit). If I had more money, I'd open a womens only gym(imagine if curves and planet bitchness had a baby). I'd special order all the equipment in pink, cardio equipment and tvs out the ass, and low monthly payments. I'd even go as far as having a small cafe at the front for them to hang out. 9/10 people will only go a few times before giving up.

rotneg
12-29-2012, 12:31 PM

wouldnt matter in my opinion, there are not a lot of gym members who would even know the difference. I personally like the hack squat machine just because it has given me the ability to increase my squat weight as well as confidence with squatting.

the more dumbbells the better one of the biggest reasons I go to the gym I go to is the amount of dumbbells where I live it is the only gym that goes over 120lbs

Personally like the seated leg curl but it wouldn't make a difference

aside from all your questions there is one very important question you need to ask yourself. as I know the gym owners and talk with them on a regular basis on business and how they operate. one of the biggest hurdles was:

How are you going to afford the insurance for this place?
a gym is a very pricey thing to insure because the risk of injury is so great my gym owner told me without joining a corporation he would not have been able to afford the insurance. the group rate discount he got is what made it worth his while to be a anytime fitness

SiR Mikey
12-29-2012, 01:55 PM

wouldnt matter in my opinion, there are not a lot of gym members who would even know the difference. I personally like the hack squat machine just because it has given me the ability to increase my squat weight as well as confidence with squatting.

the more dumbbells the better one of the biggest reasons I go to the gym I go to is the amount of dumbbells where I live it is the only gym that goes over 120lbs

Personally like the seated leg curl but it wouldn't make a difference

aside from all your questions there is one very important question you need to ask yourself. as I know the gym owners and talk with them on a regular basis on business and how they operate. one of the biggest hurdles was:

How are you going to afford the insurance for this place?
a gym is a very pricey thing to insure because the risk of injury is so great my gym owner told me without joining a corporation he would not have been able to afford the insurance. the group rate discount he got is what made it worth his while to be a anytime fitness

Appreciate the input man. Once I have all the equipment, I'm going to sit down and look at that aspect. I own a pest control company right, so the building I lease will be write off. The plan is to lease the building, use a room as an office for the pest company, and lease the rest of the space to the gym for a very small monthly fee. By doing this my fiancee or I will be there from 8-5 to run the pest side and/or show the gym. I plan on keeping it very small and low key, with members consisting of friends, friends of friends etc. who sign a waiver. By doing this I can get away with just general liability since I know who will be using it (and hope no one cleans me out lol). Since it will be open 24 hours, I won't have to pay anyone to be there from open to close and any trainers will be independently contracted and responsible for their own insurance.

Off topic, but you live in Prescott right?

rotneg
12-29-2012, 03:15 PM
That could actually work, the only thing I would do if I was you is have a lawyer write your waiver. Yea I live in Prescott.

SiR Mikey
12-29-2012, 03:37 PM
That could actually work, the only thing I would do if I was you is have a lawyer write your waiver. Yea I live in Prescott.

Thats exactly the plan. Which gym do you go to? I went to, what used to be, Freedom Fitness about 5 years ago. Then a few years later I joined Victory until I moved back down to Phoenix

rotneg
12-29-2012, 03:58 PM
I toured freedom fitness and worked out at victory now I work out at anytime fitness.

SiR Mikey
12-29-2012, 04:12 PM
I toured freedom fitness and worked out at victory now I work out at anytime fitness.

Do you know why victory closed? I wanted to eventually move back up there solely because of that gym, then I drove by and the sign was gone:thumbsdown:

rotneg
12-29-2012, 04:19 PM
I wasn't a fan of that gym, they didn't have much to work with. They did not have enough members

jdmcivic1
12-30-2012, 10:31 PM
This is perfect! My friend and I have talked about finding a gym just like this and I live your ideal location. When you open, I will bring several people to your gym.

1. If possible 5lbs increments would be desirable up to 100

2. I prefer the lying leg curls

SiR Mikey
12-30-2012, 11:12 PM
Glad to hear that man. What gym do you go to right now? Opening date will heavily depend on when business picks up for me. I'm aiming for June-July, but it could be sooner if we have a short winter. I'm dead set on a lying leg curl, and I can always pick up a seated later on if enough people want that too. As far as dumbbells go, I think I'm going to go in increments of 10 from 50-150 simply because they're so expensive. Once I open and see how things go, I'll look into buying more dumbbells to make increments of 5 up to 100.

jdmcivic1
12-31-2012, 10:42 AM
I currently use the gym at my work that has most of the equipment needed minus squat rack for liability issues I believe. It's very convenient to hit the gym before work as we have showers too but sucks on my days off since I work in Scottsdale and I live on Greenway and 35th ave.

So this would be perfect as it would be close and I don't have to see ppl walk in with a diet coke and jump on the treadmill for 5 min on their break and call it a day.

SiR Mikey
01-10-2013, 12:49 AM
I currently use the gym at my work that has most of the equipment needed minus squat rack for liability issues I believe. It's very convenient to hit the gym before work as we have showers too but sucks on my days off since I work in Scottsdale and I live on Greenway and 35th ave.

So this would be perfect as it would be close and I don't have to see ppl walk in with a diet coke and jump on the treadmill for 5 min on their break and call it a day.

LOL thats part of the joy in this, no health club fools

Still pressing on buying equipment. Ended up getting a linear bearing leg press this past weekend. I thought I was stuck with a press on rollers unless I wanted to give up a nut, so I'm extremely happy I came across this. I now have a new question for you all though regarding a lat pull down. Would you prefer a plate loaded, or selectorized lat machine? I personally would hate a plate loaded machine, but I've seen a couple guys in the past hang a plate off the pin of a stacked machine(plus they're 1/3 the price lol). Thanks guys

Spec C
01-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Dude if you get a competition bench let me know. I wanna bench on a real damn bench damnit.

SiR Mikey
01-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Dude if you get a competition bench let me know. I wanna bench on a real damn bench damnit.

Next time I talk to my father in law, I'm going to talk to him about it. His is currently at another gym, but hes leaving there and taking his stuff due to some political shit within the power lifting team. Regardless, I will have one. If not his, I'll buy one shortly after opening if there is enough interest.

clean4door
01-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Man im getting more and more excited for this to happen.

Spec C
01-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Dude seriously. I will drag up a couple buddy's for a bench day. I will come up there at minimum once a month for my max effort days.

Dude get one of these. I have heard A LOT of good things from a couple friends out east who benched on one at Donnie Thompsons gym.
http://www.roguefitness.com/thompson-fatpad.php

or these..lol
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=CT&pid=2649&cid=

SiR Mikey
01-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Man im getting more and more excited for this to happen.
Same, I just wish it would heat up so work would pick up so I can get crazy. I've got half a dozen pieces of equipment right now though
Dude seriously. I will drag up a couple buddy's for a bench day. I will come up there at minimum once a month for my max effort days.

Dude get one of these. I have heard A LOT of good things from a couple friends out east who benched on one at Donnie Thompsons gym.
http://www.roguefitness.com/thompson-fatpad.php

or these..lol
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=CT&pid=2649&cid=

Dude thats a bad bitch! This is the bench he has right now. He had the pad rewrapped in slip resistant material though
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=167&pid=193

Spec C
01-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Looks like a nice bench. Gotta be better than the shit I am benching on. THe La Fitness bench is made out of slip and slide material. lol

clean4door
01-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Hey mikey. I don't live too far from u. If u ever want a workout buddy lmk I'd love to learn more and have someone to push and motivate

SiR Mikey
01-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Looks like a nice bench. Gotta be better than the shit I am benching on. THe La Fitness bench is made out of slip and slide material. lol
Hahaha I don't know how you put up with LA Fitness
Hey mikey. I don't live too far from u. If u ever want a workout buddy lmk I'd love to learn more and have someone to push and motivate
Will do man. It probably won't be until we get out of this god forsaken apartment. You would shit if you walked in. Our "family room" is in the dining room, and our family room is packed with equipment as well as our patio. I'm grateful to have a woman who shares the same interest as me because I don't know of another female that would be ok with living like this.

Spec C
01-11-2013, 11:34 AM
I only put up with it because it is 1 mile from my house, and there is no other Real gyms around here. Just more of the same gay ass "health clubs".

Dsquared Upholstery
01-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Ideally between 59th ave and 7th st. South of Happy Valley and North of Cactus. Ideally I want something close to the 101/17 stack

Multiple power racks
Flat bench
Incline bench
Leg press
Hip abductor/adductor
Leg extension
Seated calf machine
Deadlift platform
Lat pulldown
Texas power bar
Texas deadlift bar
Texas squat bar
Safety squat bar
Olympic curl bar
Pro style dumbbells
Bands
Chains
Lots-o-fucking plates

Now, my questions are

There's a few decent gym's in that area. Have you considered other parts of the valley?

SiR Mikey
01-11-2013, 12:29 PM
No only because I want it close to where I live. This area is littered with gyms but I have no intentions on profiting off this, its just a hobby. Originally I was going to just get a small 500 sq ft unit and use it for only myself and friends but If I can give a few dozen people a place to call home and break even on bills at the end of the month, I'll be happy.

Spec C
01-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Mikey clear your pm box

SiR Mikey
01-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Mikey clear your pm box

Done

Dsquared Upholstery
01-11-2013, 04:37 PM
No only because I want it close to where I live. This area is littered with gyms but I have no intentions on profiting off this, its just a hobby. Originally I was going to just get a small 500 sq ft unit and use it for only myself and friends but If I can give a few dozen people a place to call home and break even on bills at the end of the month, I'll be happy.

For sure. Have you talked to anyone in the industry yet? I'd start there for sure to go over the ins and outs of insurance an what to avoid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SiR Mikey
01-11-2013, 05:11 PM
I've been meaning to call my insurance agent and get a quote but I need to find out the minimum liability I need first. I want to say its 2 million but that seems a little high. Either way I can't imagine it being more than $1500/year since the member count will be significantly lower than commercial gyms. I'm also going to have an attorney write up a waiver/disclaimer that all members sign while joining. My overheads should be relatively low aside from insurance and utilities. I think what kills a lot of gyms is the financing of gym equipment. Its easy to spend 150k on cardio alone when buying new and trying to keep up with fancy fitness clubs. All of my equipment will be paid for.

Dsquared Upholstery
01-11-2013, 05:44 PM
I've been meaning to call my insurance agent and get a quote but I need to find out the minimum liability I need first. I want to say its 2 million but that seems a little high. Either way I can't imagine it being more than $1500/year since the member count will be significantly lower than commercial gyms. I'm also going to have an attorney write up a waiver/disclaimer that all members sign while joining. My overheads should be relatively low aside from insurance and utilities. I think what kills a lot of gyms is the financing of gym equipment. Its easy to spend 150k on cardio alone when buying new and trying to keep up with fancy fitness clubs. All of my equipment will be paid for.

Yes the debt is what makes it hard. There's gyms going out of business all the time. You can snag some good equipment cheap on Craigslist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SiR Mikey
01-11-2013, 08:58 PM
That's exactly what I've been doing, it's amazing what kind of deals pop up. You just have to be fast because theres a lot of guys who flip equipment on there.

SiR Mikey
01-17-2013, 07:01 PM
Just an update, in case anyone cares lol. I've been hunting for equipment for the past 2 months and so far have
Selectorized leg extension
Selectorized hip abductor/adductor
Plate loaded lying leg curl/ext
Seated calf machine
Hyperextension
Leg press (linear bearing :d3:)
Power rack
3 tier dumbbell rack
Dumbbells as listed earlier
Flat bench
FID bench

I'm getting rid of the hip abductor/adductor machine. As nice as it is, I don't foresee enough people using it for it to be worth the space it takes up. I put the leg extension up for sale as well now that I have the curl/ext in one. Next immediate purchases will be a lat pulldown and incline, and we're working on making the dl platform/corner tbar pieces right now. Depending on how work is in February-March will be the determining factor for what else I order (dumbbells, plates, etc). Come summer I'll probably make an order with elitefts for a GHR, bands, and a slew of power and specialty bars.

Spec C
01-17-2013, 08:11 PM
Damn nice! GHR/and reverse hyper would be dope.

jdmcivic1
01-17-2013, 08:18 PM
^ Sounds great so far. Hopefully Feb and Mar are good to you. I can't wait for this to open up summer time

SiR Mikey
01-17-2013, 09:02 PM
Damn nice! GHR/and reverse hyper would be dope.
I'm getting a GHR for sure. I want a reverse hyper badly, but I'm still on the fence about that. It's a lot of coin for what it is. It really depends on what kind of deal I work out on the lease.
^ Sounds great so far. Hopefully Feb and Mar are good to you. I can't wait for this to open up summer time
I'm dreading it to be honest lol

Spec C
01-17-2013, 09:15 PM
Don't forget one of these..LOL
http://www.roguefitness.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=box

This is the dude I ordered my chains from. Also has a box.
http://www.blackwidowtg.com/product_p/adj-squat_box.htm

Man if you were friggen closer I would throw down on so much shit..LOL

SiR Mikey
01-17-2013, 09:40 PM
Holy shit@the drop box!!! I was planning on just making a squat box, but that thing actually isn't bad. Might be worth saving the headache. How far east do you live?

jakellama123
01-18-2013, 01:59 AM
Mikey.... I like you

SiR Mikey
01-18-2013, 09:47 AM
:inlove:

Nando1
01-18-2013, 11:36 AM
Good luck with this more go for it !

SiR Mikey
02-17-2013, 07:13 PM
Hate to crush some dreams, but we're dealing with a custody battle thats getting ugly quick so I'm selling almost everything off to help fund it. If anything changes I'll be sure to let you all know, but as of right now this idea is on hold and I''m going to have to find a gym to join :frown:

Spec C
02-17-2013, 07:19 PM
Oh man. That's tough. Best of luck with everything.

SiR Mikey
02-17-2013, 07:27 PM
Oh man. That's tough. Best of luck with everything.

Thanks man, I'm procrastinating as much as possible on selling it. I don't mind selling most of it, but I'm having a hard time letting go of some pieces

Spec C
02-17-2013, 07:37 PM
Do you have any specialty bars?(cambered, safety squat, trap bar, etc) or a squat box?

SiR Mikey
02-18-2013, 08:18 AM
No i was waiting until April to make an order from elite for bars and the ghr/reverse hyper

jdmcivic1
02-18-2013, 10:32 PM
Damn I was really looking forward to this but hope everything works out for you

SiR Mikey
02-28-2013, 11:17 AM
And to Mexico it goes

Rufus
03-02-2013, 11:42 AM
You're a good human Mikey

SiR Mikey
03-02-2013, 02:51 PM
You're a good human Mikey